WXV Official Trade Confirmation 2024

Started by Purple 77, August 25, 2024, 12:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomz

Quote from: DazBurg on September 01, 2024, 09:07:41 AMBerlin trade: Koltyn Tholstrup, Harrison Petty, Pick 27 + Berlin F1
Berlin receive: Jordan Ridley + Pick 44 + Cape Town F3

Tokyo trade: Jordan Ridley, Pick 8 + Pick 44
Tokyo receive: Jordon Sweet, Lewis Hayes, Pick 22, Berlin F1 + London F2

London trade: Jordon Sweet, Lewis Hayes + London F2
London receive: Harrison Petty, Pick 8 + Pick 27

Cape Town trade: Pick 15 + Cape Town F3
Cape Town receive: Ben Keays

PNL trade: Ben Keays + Pick 22
PNL receive: Koltyn Tholstrup, Pick 15

reasoning: Have held Keays all through the up and downs is a PNL club legend but time to continue removing some of the older pieces. pick 15 gives us 4 picks int he top 15 and tholstrup himself was pick 11 in wxv last year. adding another top pick and young potential player to continue our age profile reshape

Confirmed. Need a ruck and Hayes will hopefully replace Ridley long term.

Purple 77

Quote from: DazBurg on September 01, 2024, 09:07:41 AMBerlin trade: Koltyn Tholstrup, Harrison Petty, Pick 27 + Berlin F1

Tokyo receive: Jordon Sweet,  Lewis Hayes, Pick 22, Berlin F1 + London F2

reasoning: Have held Keays all through the up and downs is a PNL club legend but time to continue removing some of the older pieces. pick 15 gives us 4 picks int he top 15 and tholstrup himself was pick 11 in wxv last year. adding another top pick and young potential player to continue our age profile reshape

Confirmed.

I have a big quality issue in defence, and Ridley is the perfect blend of quality, age and job security. I have a surplus of forward youth, and I've opted to invest in this year's draft and comfortable taking the risk of trading next year's F1 in the hopes its not... pick 1.

I figured the only way to get Boomz to part with Ridley was to bring Sweet in the conversation, who is London's 2nd ruck. The rest kept flowing from there. Cape Town was initially brought in for Soldo and we were moments away from posting, until the great man said he might look for a trade from Port. We pivoted, and I've got some extra trades to help complete the picture for Tokyo imminently.

Rest to confirm

Purple 77

Berlin trade: Tom Fullarton, Pick 23 + Cape Town F3
Christchurch trade: Dante Visentini + Pick 78

This is all part of the larger plan to complete the Tokyo ruck set.

Christchurch to confirm

Koop

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 01, 2024, 09:16:09 AMBerlin trade: Tom Fullarton, Pick 23 + Cape Town F3
Christchurch trade: Dante Visentini + Pick 78

This is all part of the larger plan to complete the Tokyo ruck set.

Christchurch to confirm

Confirm, 23 is about right for Dante and a great return on initial investment. Picks 23, 24 & 25 now also allows us to still be significant players in November.

Purple 77

Berlin trade: Dante Visentini + Thomson Dow
Tokyo trade: Jack Ginnivan + Tokyo F3

A necessary part of the "Port rucks to Tokyo" scheme, I'm comfortable topping up my forward line, believing Ginnivan will continue to improve at the hawks.

Boomz to confirm

Boomz

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 01, 2024, 09:22:30 AMBerlin trade: Dante Visentini + Thomson Dow
Tokyo trade: Jack Ginnivan + Tokyo F3

A necessary part of the "Port rucks to Tokyo" scheme, I'm comfortable topping up my forward line, believing Ginnivan will continue to improve at the hawks.

Boomz to confirm

Confirmed. Need a ruck set (minus Soldo) and Dante looks good so far. Hoping Dow comes on too.

GoLions

Confirmed, need another starting forward to continue pushing for top 4 next year

Nige

Cairo trade: Josh Daicos, Jaspa Fletcher, Cairo F2 + Cairo F3
Rio trade: Tom Barrass, Mason Wood, James Jordon + 21

Everyone knows I'm a big fan of Josh. Always was, always will be, so it wasn't an easy decision to make but I'm getting in some players that should boost the scoring of my utilities and backing the mid depth I have and will acquire through the draft this year to make the push to finals which I feel I narrowly missed out on because of injuries.

PB to confirm.

PowerBug

Quote from: Nige on September 01, 2024, 10:02:14 AMCairo trade: Josh Daicos, Jaspa Fletcher, Cairo F2 + Cairo F3
Rio trade: Tom Barrass, Mason Wood, James Jordon + 21

Everyone knows I'm a big fan of Josh. Always was, always will be, so it wasn't an easy decision to make but I'm getting in some players that should boost the scoring of my utilities and backing the mid depth I have and will acquire through the draft this year to make the push to finals which I feel I narrowly missed out on because of injuries.

PB to confirm.
Move out defenders and forwards, bring in midfielders. Still more work to do on that front but this is a start. And lower the age of my squad a bit too which is nice.

Confirmed.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Ringo

Confirmed - Petty will increase depth with the added bonus of DPP and picks balance out.  Wanted another couple of early picks as well.  Offering Sweet enabled this to occurr,

Holz

Dublin Trade: Sam Clohesy + Dublin Future 2nd + Pick 59
Tokyo Trade: Tokyo Future 1st

Reason: Clohesy had a strong first year but I have alot of depth in the midfield and planning for the loss of DPP to Bailey next season. Looking to continue the rebuild so moving up in the draft next year. Pick 59 added with Tokyo wanting some draft capital this year.

Boomz

Quote from: Holz on September 02, 2024, 09:51:56 AMDublin Trade: Sam Clohesy + Dublin Future 2nd + Pick 59
Tokyo Trade: Tokyo Future 1st

Reason: Clohesy had a strong first year but I have alot of depth in the midfield and planning for the loss of DPP to Bailey next season. Looking to continue the rebuild so moving up in the draft next year. Pick 59 added with Tokyo wanting some draft capital this year.

Confirmed. Wanted a younger mid and have plenty of future picks so happy with a downgrade. Hoping my future 1st isn't #1.

Koop

Church trade: Ryley Sanders + Pick 6

Berlin trade: Josh Treacy + Mac Andrew + Nathan O'Driscoll

Reasoning: Accelerating development and pushing for finals. Treacy has an argument for one of the most valuable forwards in the game right now. Tough call to trade Sanders but this puts points in the XV in the right places, in the right age bracket.

Purp to confirm.

Purple 77

Quote from: Koop on September 02, 2024, 11:14:21 AMChurch trade: Ryley Sanders + Pick 6

Berlin trade: Josh Treacy + Mac Andrew + Nathan O'Driscoll

Reasoning: Accelerating development and pushing for finals. Treacy has an argument for one of the most valuable forwards in the game right now. Tough call to trade Sanders but this puts points in the XV in the right places, in the right age bracket.

Purp to confirm.

Confirmed.

I have a gaping hole in the midfield, and I'm gonna fix it with Sanders and the draft. Andrew and Treacy are both 21 and have proven themselves this year, but I'm opting to convert that into the engine room, and hope my remaining bookends can improve.

RaisyDaisy

New York trade: Future 1st + Future 2nd + Brady Hough + Beau McCreery
PNL trade: Matt Crouch + Future 3rd

Based on the feedback from coaches we believe this new trade addresses all concerns

PNL now keep their Future 2nd, and are essentially just giving me an F3 for McCreery who is a young best 22 player

It's now F1 + F2 + Hough for Crouch, which we believe is more than fair, even more so when Ben Keays, a younger 80+ FWD (who went 100+ in the second half of this season) just went for Pick 15. You could argue there isn't much between Crouch and Keays when considering positions and age, so Pick 8-10ish + Future 2nd + Hough is more than adequate for Crouch now

Daz to confirm