WXV 2024 Award Nominations

Started by Purple 77, August 04, 2024, 03:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkbaldy

BnF - Sam 'Ned' Flanders - Tonned in every Home and Away game. And also polled in every game he played for Mexico.

Coaches Award - Com Freakin' Tole - Beat Rome single headedly which got Mexico over the line for Minor Prem.

Koop

Best & Fairest - The late-season cheekbone injury to James Rowbottom allowed two-time bridesmaid Callum Wilkie to join him on 33 votes in a 5-4-3-2-1 system. Great first-time recognition for two of Church's finest. 2022 All-World's team member George Hewett will rue a brief late spell in the two's, in a surprising return to form.

33 - Callum Wilkie
33 - James Rowbottom

31 - George Hewett
24 - Jesse Hogan
23 - Mason Redman

Coaches Award - You already know who this is, but there was a fair few options this year!  Prior to 2024, Jase Burgoyne had played 13 games of AFL football for a 47.8 average. In 2024 he was a permanent member of the defensive rotation, and lifted that number by 35 points to a very nice 82.5 after a brief 2 week stint at the start of the year being sub. Filled a huge hole in the absence of Brennan Cox.

Enjoy this from an exchange with another coach in 2020. Not bad for Pick 59! 

You cannot view this attachment.

Purple 77

Berlin

Best and Fairest - Matt Rowell (56) wins it with early season form over Luke Jackson (40).

Coaches Award - clearly goes to my shiny, 85-averaging 21yo key forward I picked up for sliding back from Pick 5 to Pick 8 last year. Josh Treacy boosted his average by a whopping 28 points and announced himself as one of the brightest key forward prospects in the competition this year. His pinch-hitting in the ruck just further adds to his value, and even featured as my CC at one point this year.

DazBurg

best & fairest is again Zach Merrett perma captain and delivers all the time

coaches award Darcy Cameron, with reeves losing his spot have relied heavily on cameron in the ruck and has delivered