WXV 2024 Award Nominations

Started by Purple 77, August 04, 2024, 03:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Hey everyone!

This is the thread where we announce our Best & Fairests, Coaches Awards and discuss matters such as the Rising Star winner and Coach of the Year in preparation for the Awards Week! (which will be sometime before the Grand Final... I hope.. via any spare moment I find where I have the mental energy to give it the reception it deserves).

I'd really like your Coaches Award nominee (so a player) by say next weekend, so I can send the votes out during that week and derive a winner over the following weekend.

Award Nominations

1. Coach of the Year

I'll nominate this years candidates, using last years criteria to help me out:
 - If you've won more games during the regular season in 2024 than 2023, you get a nomination for coach of the year. If you had the same amount of wins, but scored more overall points you get a nomination.
 - A wild card nomination if I feel that a coach has had to overcome particular adversity or done something special to deserve it.

2. Coaches award

Each team can nominate a player on their team they think deserves special mention. You can use any criteria you like, it doesn't have to be the best player.

Tell us why they are the recipient of your Coaches Award! The more reasons you provide, the higher the chance the comp will vote your player as the WXV 2024 Coaches Award recipient.

3. Rising Star Winner

Here are your nominations! Talk your player up over the next couple of days, and decide who you'll vote for when I send out the PM!

The follow stats have been recorded over the WXV H&A season only.

NominationFull NameWXV ClubPOSSENIOR GAMESRESERVES GAMESAVERAGE
R1Colby McKercherCairo SandsMID111 82.17
R2George WardlawDublin DestroyersMID140 80.57
R3Ollie DempseyCape Town CobrasFWD116 74.82
R4Harley ReidDublin DestroyersMID/FWD151 82.63
R5Will GrahamChristchurch SaintsDEF/MID74 61.18
R6Matthew RobertsBuenos Aires ArmadillosMID78 80.13
R7Jake RogersBeijing PandasMID50 45.20
R8Darcy WilsonPacific IslandersMID/FWD161 65.71
R9Sam DarcyLondon RoyalsFWD133 74.81
R10Dante VisentiniChristchurch SaintsRUC20 84.50
R11Joel FreijahMexico City SunsMID/FWD35 63.38
R11Toby ConwayNew York RevolutionRUC41 79.60
R12Ryley SandersChristchurch SaintsMID93 64.00
R13Lachlan CowanRio de Janeiro JaguarsDEF56 58.27
R14Caleb WindsorPNL ReindeersMID/FWD170 60.24
R15Billy DowlingMexico City SunsMID/FWD41 75.40
R16Nick WatsonCairo SandsFWD92 61.36
R17Luke NankervisBuenos Aires ArmadillosDEF95 69.21

4. Best & Fairest

Who polled the most votes in your best & fairest? It can be any system you choose, but be sure to announce your  winner here so we can record their achievement for the ages :) (I will catch-up on previous years, promise)

fanTCfool

Coaches' Award

An addition to the club over the offseason, Jordan Clark took his game to a new level. Previously, his best season was back in 2022 where he managed a respectable 87.6. He blew that out of the water this year, averaging 106 and cementing himself as an A-grade fantasy defender without missing a game. A huge asset to the Wolves this season and for the better part of the decade to come.

Ringo

London Royals

Best and Fairest is Timothy English. Touk Millers injury cruelled his chances as he was leading count prior to injury.

Sam Darcy our Rising Star played 13 games for the year and relished being chosen pitting up some decent scores and polling in 4 games in best and fairest award.

Coaches award goes to Darcy Wilmott who really stood up for the Royals with the injuries we had in defence. He lifted his average by 11 percentage points for the year.  Wilmott polled votes in 6 games in best and fairest and finished 5th overall.

kilblufftwo

ndt

best and fairest goes to Dayne Zorko he was a major reason why we were able to finish 2nd on the ladder after the home and away season

coaches award is really tough i'm torn between Noah Anderson and Sam Durham, Sam had a breakout season and Noah had a impressive season and helped get us the huge win vs Seoul and will be our C in the prelim so i think will give the coaches award to Noah Anderson

PowerBug

Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
Best And Fairest goes to Tom De Koning, taking the award ahead of Karl Amon and NWM.

Coaches Award goes to Karl Amon, specifically for that Gather Round chasedown on Berlin in Round 4.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

RaisyDaisy

New York Revolution

Best and Fairest goes to our newly acquired superstar Lachie "Choccy" Neale who proved to be an ever reliable leader and brought real stability to the captains role, something we'd lacked for many years

Coaches Award goes to Max Holmes, who increased his avg by 20ppg and really took a huge leap in both fantasy and the real stuff. He was somebody we saw something in early and specifically targeted, and so far it has paid off big time and we expect Max to only get better

Urbaninfinnity

Beijing

Coaches Award - Not too much to smile about at Beijing this season, but the improvement of Josh Battle this season was one of them. Brought in to fill out the defence last year he disappointed in his first season but lived up to the hype this time around, putting 20 points on his previous average to play every game this year at an average of 85.

Best & Fairest - Is it Grundy? It's Grundy!

upthemaidens

Pacific Islanders

Coaches Award- The Meek inherited the Ruck, Lloyd Meek with a 105avg. takes out the coaches award.

Best & Fairest- Another award for the great man, Marcus Bontempelli is a class above.

Holz

"Well they'd need to draft someone, because Xerri ain't being their R1
Xerri will get delisted soon enough
Xerri's a bit of a dope though. Can't see him ever becoming someone good
Jacob Edwards gonna send Xerri to McDonalds full time" RD

Best and Fairest, Coaches Awards and Most Improved Player of the comp goes to

Tristan Xerri

Has gone from calls of being delisted to a 115+ Premo captain option with his back end of the year being a top 3 player in the comp.

Has played every game of the year on top to be 7th in points scored.

Probably need to change the award to Mcdonald's Coach Award. 

Nige

Best and Fairest - It was a pretty close and interesting count at the half way mark, but the cream rises to the top and sheer consistency and polling it all but one round saw Jack Steele win the count by a comfy margin.

Coaches Award - Always a tough one, but a long time coach favourite added a new string to his bow and was redeployed into a new role, averaging career best numbers as a result. It's gotta be Ed "Red" Richards this time around.

Jukes

Best and Fairest - Adam Treloar has pipped ND at the post, with a BOG 5 votes in the final game of the season to take the award by a vote. Currently the fourth highest averaging player in the comp, what a champion, and becomes only the second two-time B&F winner for Romecow, with Doch.

Coaches Award - Joe Daniher. Had to give up Brandon Starcevich plus steak knives for him, but he more than made his contribution for that price. Just about a career-best average and played every game, being one of few guys who were available during the forwardocalpyse.

JBs-Hawks

B&F - Max

Coaches award - Jake Waterman - forwards are hard to come by so it was nice of Jake to pop up and put in some nice performances!

iZander

B/F Caleb Serong
Coaches Award Jeremy Mcgovern

GoLions

Kate BnF goes to Harry Sheezel, getting clear of Chad Warner (2nd) and Toby Nankervis (3rd) in the final 2 rounds of the home and away season.

Coaches Award was a tough one, but this year it will be awarded to Trent Rivers, who played a key role in elevating us to top 4 in the back half of the season. Others who were in contention were Jack Bowes, Ollie Dempsey, and Gryan Miers.

Pkbaldy

BnF - Sam 'Ned' Flanders - Tonned in every Home and Away game. And also polled in every game he played for Mexico.

Coaches Award - Com Freakin' Tole - Beat Rome single headedly which got Mexico over the line for Minor Prem.