Colliwobblers 2024

Started by Colliwobblers, March 07, 2024, 06:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

I think you could still make that trade using Freijah instead of Sexton. It will give you 18 for the week and you could probably trade out Morris to get Flanders back into the forward line a week later.

Colliwobblers

Don't think I can justify the trades for Jackson, probably sit this week and let the rookies I've got left playing fatten over the next few for the best two up down trades I can get on two of my lines anyway.

Hopefully Schoenmaker keeps playing and I'll grab him for his 3rd game.

Colliwobblers

Round 15: Score 2023. Round Rank 28,334. Overall down to 3515.

The byes did not treat me well.

You cannot view this attachment.

6 Trades left. $93,700 in the bank.

Probably have to look at Oliver to Rozee and sit on that.

Schoenmaker in when he's named for his third game.

Think I'll hopefully have enough rooks for cover and the fastest to fatten can be downgraded to fix the inevitable issues of Sexton and Horne Frances possibly Rozee or Oliver if kept and even Fisher.

Whichever disaster occurs first.

Ringo

Not a bad team.  I would do the Rozee trade as I think he will outscore Oliver even if Oliver turns it around.

As you say have a sound bench coverage.  Morris will be good at F7/F8 as I think he plays out the season.

Mat0369

I think you're about 20k away from turning Dawson and Sullivan into Schoenmaker and Rozee. It would allow you to push Oliver to M9. I think you're about 5k short if you did El-Hawli or a Mid/Fwd bargain basement rookie as well which sucks.

Colliwobblers

Yeah and Rozee is now or never with oliver going one way and Rozee going the other. I'll flip a coin on that one, or go up to crippa or similar for the added security and not have a premium back up.

I think me having even mid priced back ups is out of the question now. With luck playing rooks for cover and the ability to fix Oliver and just one maybe two of other three questionable premiums.

Colliwobblers

Considering Horne Frances to Merrett OR to Houston (Daicos to Midfield).

Thats one dud mid solved. Brings in the #5 mid or the #4defender.

The other one Oliver to Rozee is the obvious, but considering to Curnow instead, and Flanders into the midfield.

Think I like Merret and Curnow best.

Leaves me the Reid to Schoenmaker trade next week. And 3 trades left after that one, probably being for 2 rookies down and Sexton up to best mid, and Flanders fwd again.

You cannot view this attachment.

Goosey

Team looks good and the plan to move Flanders to mids short term is logical.

I like Merrett, not sold on Curnow but choices limited up forward, hopefully he can have a big finish with Carlton playing well.

Mat0369

I think one way to look at it is Rozee vs Curnow in isolation. Rozee I think scores better down the stretch and it will be easier to get in a forward for Sexton than you will be able to get a gun mid for him.

Curnow also has a horrific record against Richmond and the Giants also match up pretty well with him. That's his next fortnight of games so I think he may be a better pick once he gets through that stretch.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 25, 2024, 01:12:51 PMI think one way to look at it is Rozee vs Curnow in isolation. Rozee I think scores better down the stretch and it will be easier to get in a forward for Sexton than you will be able to get a gun mid for him.

Curnow also has a horrific record against Richmond and the Giants also match up pretty well with him. That's his next fortnight of games so I think he may be a better pick once he gets through that stretch.

Richmond of yesteryear would be a concern but it's a hollowed out team this year, I'd back Curnow to have a day out against the Tigers, Sam Taylor is also missing from GWS, Aleer would need to play out of his skin to keep Curnow in check.

Colliwobblers

Fair point Mat, and Bully :)

But my thinking is get a keeper mid and a keeper fwd.

If I go Rozee thats the midfield done. If I go Curnow that's the FWD line done.

with two rookie downgrades plus sexton that's going to be enough coin for any mid or if I went the other way any FWD.

So I guess the equation is this.

Rozee + Rankine/Jackson = ?

Vs

Neale/LDU/Dunkley + Curnow = ?

Bully

Quote from: Colliwobblers on June 25, 2024, 03:46:31 PMFair point Mat, and Bully :)

But my thinking is get a keeper mid and a keeper fwd.

If I go Rozee thats the midfield done. If I go Curnow that's the FWD line done.

with two rookie downgrades plus sexton that's going to be enough coin for any mid or if I went the other way any FWD.

So I guess the equation is this.

Rozee + Rankine/Jackson = ?

Vs

Neale/LDU/Dunkley + Curnow = ?

If you don't take Jackson now make sure you have a trade up the sleeve just in case you lose a ruckman or Darcy gets injured.

Goosey

Jackson gives you ruck cover for the run home, but his scores are erratic with Darcy in the team.

I'd definitely prefer Neale/LDU/Dunkle over Rozee, but right now I think you need to decide what is better for the structure, rather than who is preferred per position.

Tough decisions to be made, but it's all geared towards finishing the season strongly and not with disappointment from zero trades and no flexibility/cover.

Colliwobblers

It's problematic, can't afford Jackson this week.

but sexton to jackson when the times up for sexton might not be a stupid thing and leave flanders in the middle.Probably only need the one rookie down for that so leave me a spare trade for injury also.

Mat0369

I'm not going with Jackson unless Darcy is out, the scoring is too erratic and the price tag is a premium at over 500k.

I'd love to have Neale in my side, he is the one going under the radar and I think the best POD mid of any available.

Rankine is clearly the best forward you don't have and with the time he spends in the middle now I think he gives you a better upside than Curnow.

Rozee is a 105+ mid at the back end of the season, Curnow does have a soft month where he plays Hawthorn, WC and St Kilda to finish the season. Leading up though, North may be the only game that he tears apart so it's a risk. I think Rozee is safe from the tag, but he could also pull an Oliver and score crap every week with too many other guys in the middle, there is risk there, but at his price tag it's a safe risk.

Here is another way to look at it, if Rozee averages 105 the rest of the way, Curnow 95, Rankine 105 and Neale/LDU/Dunk 115, you're looking at 210 points from  both combos. However if Rozee is going to average 105 to Curnow's 95 you want to bank the points instantly from the get go. The net outcome is the same if you brought them both in at the same time, but you want to get the highest projected scorer in as quickly as possible.