Colliwobblers 2024

Started by Colliwobblers, March 07, 2024, 06:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

All of a sudden the maths doesn't add up :)

This week I'm sweet with 18 playing, 19 if I trade in one of the two popular rooks.

BUT next week I'm fielding just 16...

Only way I see to fix this is to do the following.

This week: Rogers to Dowling, Garcia to Simpkin.

Next week: Laird to whatever midfielder, likely another rookie downgrade also.

That will get me 18 playing next week. Not sure there is another way.

$77,400 in the bank this round before any trades.

Colliwobblers

OK so Ringo with his "I'm just going to get simpkin AND Gulden" has made me slightly jealous, a little bit FOMO if I'm honest.

So options:

A:

This week: Rogers to Dowling, Garcia to Simpkin.

Next week: Laird to Gulden, likely another rookie downgrade also (to pay for it).

B:

This week: Garcia to Dowling, Sullivan to Simpkin, Laird to Gulden.

Option B saves me the likely $15k Laird price drop and likely $25k Gulden price rise. Practically freeing up one trade.

Both options solve next rounds donut crisis. "in theory"

Mat0369

So with no trades this week you have 18 and 16 next week

Dowling and Sullivan both have the bye next week so you'll still be at 16. You need to trade out 2 guys that aren't playing next week to field 18. Rozee is one I'd be looking to get as you M9 (although having all of Rozee, Butters and JHF might be a bit Port heavy). If you can do just the two trades this week, like Sullivan to Dowling and Laird to someone like Gulden this week, how much cash do you have going into next week? I'm trying to work out how you can turn Freijah into Rozee. That's assuming Freijah isn't sub, hits his BE and Rozee falls another 20-30k.

Colliwobblers

Before any trades I'd have 19 this week and 16 next week. 9 Trades $77,400 bank

So doing option B this week leaves me $41,800 and 6 trades for next week and 19 this week and 18 for next week.

Colliwobblers

Changed it up, As long as he's not sub I'm bringing in Logan Morris instead of Simpkin. Was him or Reville.

That sorts me out for 18 scorers next week and leaves me $93,700 in the Bank and I keep Sullivan.

Garcia to Dowling
Rogers to Morris
Laird to Gulden

Ringo

Go Morris over Reville - Think REeville will make way for Ashcroft whereas think Morris reasonably safe bur could be sub from time to time.  Will be between Morris and Answerth imo most weeks.

Colliwobblers

Thanks Ringo was hoping you would happen along with your local expertise. Bench back up post byes after all, price is still pretty good and he's been going along quite nicely.

Ringo

Quote from: Colliwobblers on June 14, 2024, 05:43:25 PMThanks Ringo was hoping you would happen along with your local expertise. Bench back up post byes after all, price is still pretty good and he's been going along quite nicely.
Too late for LOhmann though and surely you had the VC on Zorko although Steele went to him in second half.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Ringo on June 14, 2024, 11:11:55 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on June 14, 2024, 05:43:25 PMThanks Ringo was hoping you would happen along with your local expertise. Bench back up post byes after all, price is still pretty good and he's been going along quite nicely.
Too late for LOhmann though and surely you had the VC on Zorko although Steele went to him in second half.

Yes VC on Zorko, if 141 is disapointing in the ned I can live with it :)

-2 at half time for Morris, finished on 52 without being subbed in the end with -7 breakeven more than happy with that also. Probably won't have the trades to trade him out anyway but for the byes if he holds his spot next week he's done his job. Looks like another good one the Lions have found.

Ringo

Yes been watching Morris in VFL and thought when Dizzy went for season he would be a better replacement than Ryan. Reasonably accurate kick for goal as well. Will not be a huge scorer but handy next week and then nice bench option. And both Lohmann and Morris are gaining confidence each week as they grow with team.

May have to reconsider Laird if he stays of HB.

Colliwobblers

Lairds already gone for me, watched the game and it was like a replay of watching bont in the earlier game where he wasn't my captain, it was like the ball was chasing him, and looked the same for Laird. Good for the guys who still have him, God knows they've suffered enough maybe time to be rewarded.

Don't think I'll regret Gulden and really couldn't hold the extra r15 bye player.

Bully

Quote from: Ringo on June 15, 2024, 08:03:52 PMYes been watching Morris in VFL and thought when Dizzy went for season he would be a better replacement than Ryan. Reasonably accurate kick for goal as well. Will not be a huge scorer but handy next week and then nice bench option. And both Lohmann and Morris are gaining confidence each week as they grow with team.

May have to reconsider Laird if he stays of HB.

Morris was easily the best contested mark of last year's draft class, I reckon the only reason he slipped was due to being undersized for a key position forward but that aside, I think he's a real talent.

Ringo

Morris was Brisbanes 1st pick though so recruiters seen something.

Colliwobblers

Round 14: Score 1966. Round Rank 17,625. Overall 2876.

Managed to move up a few spots after a pretty average round thanks to that midfield.

Picture of team not updated as had NBN issues but it didn't get much better for the live midfielders sadly...

You cannot view this attachment.

Not much I can do now with $93,700 in the bank.

18 Starters this week as long as Morris gets named.

Probably wait on Rozee for mid cover until next week.

Tempted to turn Green into Merret.

Can't see any way to get to Jackson who would be nice fwd/ruck cover.

Will look for a basement priced defender for cover over the next couple weeks, could be Schoenmaker with luck.

Ringo

With your reasonable bench cover and if you have trades up your sleeve, Would look at Sullivan to Rawlinson and then Sexton to Jackson. Not necessary but a means of getting Jackson especially if Sexton is not selected.