Started by Colliwobblers, March 07, 2024, 06:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Trades sound and praying with you for rest of year,

Colliwobblers

Round 17: Score 2391. Round Rank 16727. Overall up to 3514

You cannot view this attachment.

With Curnow stinking BAD

And backing in Gulden AGAIN as captain, amazingly still gained a few spots.

Rozee had me cursing choosing Neale over him, but that passed :)

Last 2 trades are:

Richards to Humphries (I think to swing one M/F rook fwd for cover).

Sexton to Caldwell

And away we go tradeless for the run home, what could possibly go wrong :)

Bully

The good thing about being tradeless is you don't need to worry anymore, if the landmines go off you can start planning for a life of sunshine and not stressing about loopholes and extended benches. Supercoach demands a fair bit more than it did a few years ago, I'm looking forward to the break myself.

Mat0369

Do you have the cash to turn Richards and Freijah into Jackson?

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Mat0369 on July 07, 2024, 11:17:17 PMDo you have the cash to turn Richards and Freijah into Jackson?

Yes but with Hodor only out for a week I don't think I want Jackson.

arbel

Probably the best trades you can do. May as well pull that bandaid off and do it now and then hope for the best.

Mat0369

Quote from: Colliwobblers on July 08, 2024, 08:20:35 AMYes but with Hodor only out for a week I don't think I want Jackson.

If Gawn misses this week it may be a necessary trade and you still have Sexton for coverage

Colliwobblers

I was thinking that, but Jackson can't cover Gawn and Heeney in any case. It's a donut regardless with dawson on the fwd bench.

Suspect they'll find a way to get Heeney off as they do with Brownlow contenders and if that happens and Max misses Jackson is the logical choice, probably the logical choice regardless.

Mat0369

Heeney can be covered by Dowling with DPP. Heeney mid bench assuming you leave Dowling in the midfield with the two trades

Mat0369

Gawn out for a fortnight

Colliwobblers

yes could be 1 could be 4 or 5 or more...

Looks like

Sexton to Jackson, $10,100 left over, maybe I keep the last trade for next weeks crisis :)

Means I have to start Richards if he's named, if not I guess there goes that trade.

arbel

I think that is the right move. With Gawn out need that cover

Ringo

Remember Dawson was listed as 1 week last week so perhaps he also is a chance to play to help out.

Mat0369

Teakle is playing the role that they had Dawson playing in the game he got injured and he is doing it pretty well. I can't see him coming straight back in

Colliwobblers

Round 18: Score 2365. Round rank 7043. Overall up to 2945.

You cannot view this attachment.

Not a bad result thanks to finally getting a captains pick right.

Holding the one trade I have left for whatever disaster strikes next. Just $10,100 in the bank.

Although Richards to Mannagh would be nice if max is out for another two and if he is and Richards gets dropped, I guess that's the next disaster.

Really need a mid/fwd rookie for the fwd bench. Might be worth doing this round regardless.