Round 12 Trades

Started by RaisyDaisy, August 12, 2020, 07:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timtim

Just read on Afl.com that 10 teams to have byes in between rounds 14-17...

Does this influence your trades on keepers knowing they may go MIA in finals or just sideways if you get shafted?

tkringle

Quote from: timtim on August 14, 2020, 12:27:58 AM

Does this influence your trades on keepers knowing they may go MIA in finals or just sideways if you get shafted?

Going to assume we will get extra trades given and go with a sideways strategy.

shaker

Quote from: tkringle on August 14, 2020, 10:55:06 AM

Hope so should find out this weekend but I have wasted so many trades this year I don't think I'll have enough to finish my team if we don't  ;D

jvalles69

Initial thoughts are:

Gawn to Nic Nat
Georgiades to Fyfe
Close to Bytel

If Gawn plays that totally screws my plans and unlikely to be able to upgrade unless I go Serong to Fyfe, not sure if its even worth still trading Gawn even if he's playing, he's obviously not 100%.

Sabretooth Tigers

Quote from: shaker on August 14, 2020, 11:01:33 AM
Quote from: tkringle on August 14, 2020, 10:55:06 AM

Hope so should find out this weekend but I have wasted so many trades this year I don't think I'll have enough to finish my team if we don't  ;D

Ditto this. If able to finish team wouldn't have trades for managed players or injuries. Definitely sweating on SC announcement. Good luck all.

:-\

tkringle

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 14, 2020, 11:20:44 AM
Initial thoughts are:

Gawn to Nic Nat
Georgiades to Fyfe
Close to Bytel

If Gawn plays that totally screws my plans and unlikely to be able to upgrade unless I go Serong to Fyfe, not sure if its even worth still trading Gawn even if he's playing, he's obviously not 100%.

Think its worth keeping Gawn if you have cover for this week. Gawn said yesterday its very minor so will hopefully be back next round if he misses again.

Woppa15

Quote from: tkringle on August 14, 2020, 01:33:54 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on August 14, 2020, 11:20:44 AM
Initial thoughts are:

Gawn to Nic Nat
Georgiades to Fyfe
Close to Bytel

Think its worth keeping Gawn if you have cover for this week. Gawn said yesterday its very minor so will hopefully be back next round if he misses again.

I have cover in Cameron, surely it’s safe to say he has aren’t another game or two after the last performance. Only thing I would consider is perhaps Gawn to Goldy, assuming no other issues, as the 150k odd cash that would generate would be extremely handy.

jvalles69

If Gawn is good to go, I'll more than likely have to go Georgiades to Bytel and Serong to Fyfe, then have another trade up my sleeve for a downgrade if it happens to come along.  :-\

frenzy

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 14, 2020, 01:56:59 PM
If Gawn is good to go, I'll more than likely have to go Georgiades to Bytel and Serong to Fyfe, then have another trade up my sleeve for a downgrade if it happens to come along.  :-\

Max is OUT, source melb tweet

shaker

Quote from: frenzy on August 14, 2020, 02:01:50 PM

I'm not surprised even though he missed a game with the condensed fixture he only had about a 9 day break , would rather he has this week off and he has another full 7 days after this round.

tkringle

Hmm hopefully Grundy isn’t rested. Otherwise going to have to trade Gawn

enzedder

Done trades now that Gawn is a confirmed out.
Gawn - Nic Nat  (WCE have had the bye)
Simpson - Bytel (was tossing up Simpson or Close but both have similar BEs and Close DPP and don't need either to play this week)
Bailey Smith - Neale ( was doing this trade regardless of Baz playing or not)

frenzy

Quote from: tkringle on August 14, 2020, 02:25:39 PM

Hmm hopefully Grundy isn’t rested. Otherwise going to have to trade Gawn

Imagine that, carnage. Reckon there's heaps running Max and Grundy with no coverage.

Blues Blues Blues

Was thinking of upgrading Georgiades [BE 40] to Fyfe, leaving $40k for next week.

However, given Mullet Smiths recent poo form, a BE of 99, injury cloud and potential to miss this week, PLUS the fact he isn’t scoring much more than Georgiades anyway, I’m thinking of trading him to Fyfe and taking $194k in the bank.

Next week I’ll deal with Georgiades.

crowls

Quote from: Blues Blues Blues on August 14, 2020, 02:51:45 PM
Was thinking of upgrading Georgiades [BE 40] to Fyfe, leaving $40k for next week.

However, given Mullet Smiths recent poo form, a BE of 99, injury cloud and potential to miss this week, PLUS the fact he isn’t scoring much more than Georgiades anyway, I’m thinking of trading him to Fyfe and taking $194k in the bank.

Next week I’ll deal with Georgiades.
good move Blues,  Mullet will become Oscar or one of Brayshaw/Greenwood/Zerrett/ depending on what happens with ruck selections and Xerri - be a good week for him to get a game.

Probably Aarts to Bytel via Close,  already did Hunter Clark to Z Williams for a 50k changeover, final trade is likely to be B Smith to Oscar,  following week, Simpson to Prem Mid and Serong to m9.  Leaves me with 5 trades and 420K to get ready for finals.