Walshy's Wannabes 2020- Team Version 1.0

Started by The_duke, March 05, 2020, 09:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_duke

Hi all, looking for a bit of help!

This is my first team draft after Marsh Series Round 1
I've got $8,800 to splurge

I feel like my team structure is OK at the moment, but seems to be heavy on premos/rookies with not a lot of true midprice options.
I'm not sold on Heeney either, got burnt at times last year!

Any and all suggestions welcome!

The_duke

250 views and no replies?
Can't be that far beyond redemption :(

Ringo

Firstly feel free to comment on other teams - remember this forum is everyones opinion of teams so whether experienced or not feel free.

regarding your team structure is sound. However you need a plan B as Hill is highly unlikely Rd 1 due to injury, Young also doubtful.

If you have been reading the thread on forwards rookie options in forwards are getting slimmer so you may have to reassess structures and try and get a mid pricer Smith or Steven at F4,

See what happens when teams announced next week. Just need to have your chosen Tigers and Blues players locked early.

tommy10

Def: Hill is injures and Young is very doubtful. Zerk-Thatcher/Noble/Cumming/Guthrie/Ash/Starcevich/Williamson to pick from.
Mids: Regarding rooks dont think all of Mead, Mcinerney and McHenry will play. Cockatoo is injured and doubtful for round 1.
Fwd: Heeney likely to spend a lot of time fwd, wait and see on him. Downgrade him to a Brayshaw/Steven. Bonar didn’t play Marsh 2, so would be doubtful for round 1. Cahill/Berry prob won’t play round 1 but keep a watch. Cameron ok bit should be in bench. It’s between him and Cox I think.

Like the structure but side needs some tweaking and you’re pretty much set. Good luck  :)

RoughRed

Quote from: tommy10 on March 12, 2020, 09:40:59 PM
Def: Hill is injures and Young is very doubtful. Zerk-Thatcher/Noble/Cumming/Guthrie/Ash/Starcevich/Williamson to pick from.
Mids: Regarding rooks dont think all of Mead, Mcinerney and McHenry will play. Cockatoo is injured and doubtful for round 1.
Fwd: Heeney likely to spend a lot of time fwd, wait and see on him. Downgrade him to a Brayshaw/Steven. Bonar didn’t play Marsh 2, so would be doubtful for round 1. Cahill/Berry prob won’t play round 1 but keep a watch. Cameron ok bit should be in bench. It’s between him and Cox I think.

Like the structure but side needs some tweaking and you’re pretty much set. Good luck  :)
I agree with the commentary above
Check out the latest Rookies post too!
Not sure about Sicily... too many brain fades for my liking and IMO we have good selection  of DEF rookies albeit high priced ... Young will play but very unlikely to get up for round 1.
I wish S.Hill well but think he is too risky injury wise
Mid prem are good but review the rooks
Ruck .. No comment... either you are a GG disciple or you are not .. We will see at the end of the season  which is best
Forwards need a rework looking at the Marsh series ... reckon you you can get more bang for buck than you have at the moment
Overall I think you have 12 keepers and are short on cash generation after seeing the outputs from the Marsh series
Only my opinion ... Good luck
(It's only a game 

Mat0369

The fact your team is called Walshy's Wannabes and there is no Sam Walsh is disappointing  :P

Looking at your structure, you're way too thin in your forward line. There is no way you can start 3 rookies on field. I'd look to try and get that number to 2. You may also want to free up the cash for a Rowell type in the midfield. Mid rookies look poor and the only 4 I can see getting a game are Rowell, Anderson, Green and Pickett

Colliwobblers

DEF: Hill, Rivers, Gould - to - noble , zerk , starcevich - Needs $126,900

MIDS: cockatoo, mchenry, mcinnery , mead - to - rowall , ash , green , anderson - Needs $257,400

FWDS: change a couple of rooks to - King and Georgiades. $FREE :)

So you need about $384K Maybe less we may get a cheaper rookie and not need anderson... maybe

If the teams fall the way it looks they will and you want staring rookies.

As others have mentioned there are value fwds, Smith, Steven, Brayshaw, Greenwood. I've even used one at MID 6 to make the rookies fit. And I've had to go with Jacobs ruck 2.

Where you get the money from is up to you :) but i'd start at ruck 2 and maybe make heeney and one other fwd both mid priced options.

Good luck.

The_duke

thank you so much everyone! definitely time to have a reshuffle and see what i can make work.

i like the idea of potentially downgading marshall to a naismith to give me some more cash to implement changes to bolster the forwardline and i will be switching rookies around too.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 13, 2020, 02:38:35 AM
If you're starting Naismith you need to start Ceglar. You need a back up plan if Naismith fails and based on his price it will be near impossible to fix it without burning 2 trades.

From another thread, wise words, worth considering... Tho if he goes well its a big cash grab you'll get to start with and to profit when you switch him to Gawn mid season.

Peter

I think you will need a lot of cash and need possibly two downgrades to upgrade him

The_duke

Its a tricky spot with Naismith, I agree.

I think that the cash generation will be there though, question is how quickly.
For now this is my updated team, $10,200 spare.

I have several expensive rookies, at a push i can rejig them around and drop one of my mid premos to  midpricer to upgrade naismith

Colliwobblers

LordSneeze

I like it too, other than Coniglio (Too up and down for me) & Petracca (Burnt me way too many times)

arbel

Team is looking good only concern for me is will Cameron get a look in at the pies? You'll need ruck cover for Naismith but word has it Cox is in front of Cameron but hopefully pans out for you.