IntegralX 2k20

Started by IntegralX, January 22, 2020, 01:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IntegralX

Just polished off my first draft this morning, here's what I've gone with:

Def: Laird, Houston, Docherty, Doedee, Young, Gould (Worrell, Rivers)

Mid: Neale, Cripps, Dunkley, Treloar, Oliver, Rowell, McHenry, Pickett (Rantall, Sharp, Hibberd)

Rucks: Grundy, ROB (Combeen)

Fwd: Whitfield, Dusty, Steven, D. Smith, Hill, Flanders (Rankine, M. King)

20.9k remaining

Thoughts:

1) Last year, not having GG didn't really hurt outside of a select few rounds, most notable being r22 SC finals. (I had Gawn then Grundy and Goldstein); ,my OR last season was around 3k and I play mainly for leagues not OR;

2) This setup gives me (up to) 14 keepers;

3) Obviously, rookies are TBD; there's a few expensive ones as that will be where I can strip money from later if necessary.

Considerations:

1) Oliver + Laird vs Cogs + Lloyd?

2) How much do I really believe in Houston?

3) If I'm going a differential in the Ruck, is ROB really the one I believe in? (other options: Kreuzer, NN, Marshall)

4) Doedee or Roberton? This will probably be up to if I need the 11k or not.

Any criticisms/advice welcome!

Money Shot

ROB is a massive pod but I don’t actually hate it. I will be going GG combo.

Cogs/Laird for me.

Houston is risky but could pay off big time.

If Roberton is fit you have to pick him. I don’t mind picking both.

IntegralX

With news of Jack Stevens calf injury today, I've played around with not selecting him and here's what I came up with.

Laird, Houston, Docherty, Roberton, Young, Rivers (Worrell, Gould)

Neale, Cripps, Dunkley, Danger, Treloar, Rowell, McHenry, Pickett (Robertson, Rantall, Sharp)

Grundy, Gawn (Comben)

Whitfield, Martin, Smith, Hill, Flanders, Cockatoo (Rankine, King)

33.5k remaining

I really don't want to start GG as I don't believe it's essential, but I have nowhere else to spend the funds without changing everything else dramatically.

IntegralX

Version 3 sees me go back to ROB. I was looking for any reason to NOT start GG and Gawn's injury has given me a reason to do that...however if he looks solid in JLT I'll probably go back to him.

Def: Laird, DBJ, Docherty, Roberton, Young, Gould (Worrell, Rivers)

Mid: Cripps, Dunkley, Danger, Treloar, Gaff, Rowell, McHenry, Pickett (Robertson, Rantall, Maginness)

Ruck: Grundy, ROB (Comben)

Fwd: Whitfield, Martin, Greenwood, D. Smith, S. Hill, Rankine (Hosie, M. King)

DBJ/Houston, Greenwood/Dawson/Parish and whether or not I have the stones to actually start with Gaff over Oliver.
FWIW I think Gaff is the biggest beneficiary from TK's arrival at West Coast; I believe he could come close to breaking Titch's disposal record from his Brownlow year.

Tempted to just go Conroy at R3 to free up 15k as there doesn't seem to be any R/F worth it this season.

How am I looking?

Ringo

Looks good - As with all awaiting Marsh cup to see what rookies shake down.

Kozij

Cockatoo is now injured also.

IntegralX

POST JLT 1 TEAM

Def: Laird, Houston, Docherty, Roberton, Young, Starcevich (Brander, Gould)

Mid: Neale, Cripps, Dunkley, Treloar, Oliver, Rowell, McHenry, Pickett (Rantall, Sharp, Close)

Rucks: Grundy, ROB (Comben)

Fwd: Whitfield, Greenwood, Petracca, Smith, Hill, Budarick (Georgiades, King)

Bank: 41.4k

Ports JLT confirmed Houston > DBJ
Dusty out for Petracca to free up cash for Neale, definitely the big change. Could this be his year?
Shuffled some rookies around, Oliver is back in for Gaff...for now...

Thoughts?

Mat0369

I think you need to start Dusty. He could come out and have a couple of stinkers, but he will be in the top handful of forwards easily so he is worth starting with.

I would also have a back up plan for Roberton in case he doesn't get up for round 1. I'd look at maybe turning Greenwood into Dusty by maybe downgrading ROB? I don't think O'Brien is going to be good enough to match Gawn and I think there is better value in a Nic Nat type.

I do like the Neale, Cripps and Dunkley picks. One thing to consider with Dunkley is the Libba factor. He drops from averaging 136 to 103 when Libba is in the side.

IntegralX

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 24, 2020, 02:06:05 PM
I think you need to start Dusty. He could come out and have a couple of stinkers, but he will be in the top handful of forwards easily so he is worth starting with.

I would also have a back up plan for Roberton in case he doesn't get up for round 1. I'd look at maybe turning Greenwood into Dusty by maybe downgrading ROB? I don't think O'Brien is going to be good enough to match Gawn and I think there is better value in a Nic Nat type.

I do like the Neale, Cripps and Dunkley picks. One thing to consider with Dunkley is the Libba factor. He drops from averaging 136 to 103 when Libba is in the side.

I had Dusty in initially, but I think there’s too much value in Greenwood/Petracca. Rookies are looking dire so everyone will need to find money, this is just where I’m choosing to strip it from.

I’m keeping an eye on a few WCE mids is by extension I’ll be watching NN. I’ve also considered Kreuzer for that R2 spot. If Gawn lines up in a practice match though I’ll have to get him in.

As for the Libba factor, I don’t think Libba is best 22 at the doggies so I’m not worried. If I’m wrong and Libba is there round 1 I’ll likely swap him for Bont, or find the money for Macrae.

IntegralX

Pre Marsh 2 team:

Def: Laird, Dawson, Docherty, Roberton, Ash, Brander (Greaves, Gould)

Mid: Macrae, Neale, Cripps, Dunkley, Mitchell, Rowell, Green, Pickett (Starcevich, Rantall, Sharp)

Ruck: Grundy, ROB (Xerri)

Fwd: Whitfield, Greenwood, Petracca, Bonar, Hill, Rankine (King, Budarick)

31.7k left

Probably need to move these rookies around. Considering sending Dawson to F4 and replacing Bonar with Noble. No more Dev. The round 11 bye means bye bye to Houston, can’t pick him now. Hopefully we can get some clarification on the rookies after this weekend.

dylanclements

Quote from: IntegralX on March 06, 2020, 04:23:54 PM
Pre Marsh 2 team:

Def: Laird, Dawson, Docherty, Roberton, Ash, Brander (Greaves, Gould)

Mid: Macrae, Neale, Cripps, Dunkley, Mitchell, Rowell, Green, Pickett (Starcevich, Rantall, Sharp)

Ruck: Grundy, ROB (Xerri)

Fwd: Whitfield, Greenwood, Petracca, Bonar, Hill, Rankine (King, Budarick)

31.7k left

Probably need to move these rookies around. Considering sending Dawson to F4 and replacing Bonar with Noble. No more Dev. The round 11 bye means bye bye to Houston, can’t pick him now. Hopefully we can get some clarification on the rookies after this weekend.

Looks good to me Integral. It's an interesting one in a way with a nonrisky structure but some risky picks - ROB, Trac, Greenwood, Dawson all a bit unknown. As always with these kinds of things, if you're comfortable with them then go for it.

The least interventionist change that could be worth a look is Dawson or Laird down to Young, McAsey, Williamson, Zerk etc., who all look good, then see what the money can do - e.g., ROB to Gawn. Just a thought but I'm a fan of it overall mate.

IntegralX

Can't decide what structure I like the best so here's a link with all 3 that I'm thinking of: https://imgur.com/a/xwCHqw1

FAQs:

Structure 1: Yes, Bailey Williams (WBD) over Roberton. I liked what I saw from 2 games of him. If I'm wrong, it's an easy correction trade. Averaged 89 in 2018 before falling back to earth last season, 70 and 106 in 2 preseason games...could be a good stepping stone. Only 22, so a good candidate to bounce back.

Structure 2: No I do not like Sicily. Brand gone, Hardwick already injured and quite frankly I think Frost barely an AFL standard defender, Sicily could be playing as a KPD very quickly. Liked what I saw out of Brodie Smith last season and the other day, so he's it. Again, if I'm wrong, I've got 45k and will perform a correction trade.

Structure 2/3: Walters over Dusty; I think Dusty could be had quite cheap once again this season. Spent plenty of time up forward and Freo have not much behind Fyfe/Walters right now. I like Walters' potential volume for SC purposes.

This decision is like choosing between your 3 children.

Mat0369

Just because it annoyed me to go back and forth

Mat0369

My fave team is the one with Jacobs even though I'm not a fan of him. I prefer the Hurn/Walters PoD's compared to Williams, Smith and Greenwood

IntegralX

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 10, 2020, 11:40:03 PM
My fave team is the one with Jacobs even though I'm not a fan of him. I prefer the Hurn/Walters PoD's compared to Williams, Smith and Greenwood

Thanks for the images, I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. Internally I've ruled out the team with Ceglar, it seems like there's a few too many punts in there.