Main Menu

Introducing myself - as an author

Started by Frankfaust, December 16, 2018, 11:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankfaust

I'm a long time member and FF SC League player in the season. I don't usually say much, but thought I might let you know that I'm a newly minted author, with a book (and e-book) on Amazon.

The book is called 'Small Town Kid' and is about growing up in the little town of Beechworth in NE Victoria back in the 1960s and 70s.

If anyone is interested, I've just started to get reviews, and I'll show the first one below (because I'm as pleased as punch by it).

5.0 out of 5 starsA Poet's Walk Through His Childhood in a Small Australian TownDecember 14, 2018
From the dedication poem, “I Can Hardly Wait to Show You”, to “Circular Square Town”, Frank Prem's chronological journey from infancy to the present has a familiar feel to it; almost as if you were take a walk through your own memory lane to recall the innumerable small, but unforgettable moments that make up a life.

Frank's style is minimalist, with plenty of room to fill in the blanks with your own conjecture or possible parallel memories. Written about an Australian town that was a gold-rush town in its day, it touches on those times as well as describes the landscapes there.

Frank's work is approachable, understandable, and sensitive in its handling of the most delicate of subjects.

My favorite poems, in a book of favorites â€" they're all good! â€" are: “poppy cakes”, “frenki boy”, “the exuberance of my aunt”, “loss of faith”, “picnic story”, “the dawn of civilisation”, “the hallways of st. joseph's”, “pumpkin rock terrorists”, “a tricky place (the annual fete)”, “fight”, “sweet maureen”, “libby's puzzle”, “vale”, “palmer's not”.

It's up at Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com.au/Small-Town-Kid-Frank-Prem/dp/0975144235

Cheers.

enzedder

Frankfaust

Quote from: enzedder on December 16, 2018, 07:03:10 PM
Good job mate. All the best with it.

Thanks enzedder. It's quite a journey.

Frankfaust

A little update. My book 'Small Town Kid' just hit #1 in its category on Amazon. Officially a best selling book now.

;D ;D ;D

RaisyDaisy

Congratulations mate

I'm sure you must be proud and satisfied, and I can only imagine how much of a fulfilling process this has all been from the day you penned the first sentence all the way up until now

All the best with it :)

Frankfaust

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 23, 2018, 10:56:30 AM
Congratulations mate

I'm sure you must be proud and satisfied, and I can only imagine how much of a fulfilling process this has all been from the day you penned the first sentence all the way up until now

All the best with it :)

Thanks RD. It's absolutely brilliant. Stuff I never imagined.

Cheers.

enzedder

Torpedo10

Massive congrats mate, looks like a great read!

Frankfaust

Quote from: enzedder on December 23, 2018, 01:35:37 PM
Awesome mate.
Now for #1 in SC

Yeah, well, Enzedder. Not so much chance there, I don't think. 'Also played' is my usual description at the end of a season.

Frankfaust

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 24, 2018, 02:14:31 PM
Massive congrats mate, looks like a great read!

Thanks Torps. It's been selling well in person. Would be nice to nail a few more online, but ... playing the long game. There will be more - the Black Saturday fires is next scheduled.