EurAsia v AAP Alliance: The Seventh Wonder of the Worlds

Started by Purple 77, June 12, 2018, 09:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

EurAsia, Mark 1

*this is what the team looks like based off the highest averages from the past 3 rounds*

D:  Luke Ryan (PNL), Jack Crisp (Moscow), Jake Lloyd (New Delhi), Adam Saad (London)
M: Nat Fyfe (Berlin), Callan Ward (Beijing), Clayton Oliver (Seoul), Adam Treloar (Moscow)
R: Max Gawn (Berlin, BTG)
F: Plugger McDonald (Dublin), Tom Hawkins (Dublin), Sam Menegola (New Delhi), Lance Franklin (Berlin)
U: Brodie Grundy (Beijing, *nice try*), Matthew Kreuzer (Moscow)
E: Stefan Martin (New Delhi), Josh Kelly (Seoul), Jayden Short (Tokyo), Josh Caddy (Beijing)

Have to admit, Walters not being available stings.

Won't be the final team! But I am tempted to gamble on the likes of Saad and Ward, and just the form players in general.

Also, I need to ask all EurAsians here. I clearly can't make this call.

Who captains?
Fyfe, or Gawn?
Until last week, they haven't let me down once this year, it's just I can't pick the right one. However, if you think there is a clear other option, please tell me!

Torpedo10

I'd personally avoid the whole Fyfe-Gawn debacle all together with Clarry there. Surely he solves your problem?

Also, if a Jayden Short ever stung...it's now. Stephen Coniglio feels left out too  :-\

fanTCfool

Torpedo10

So what's the ruling on this? Technically, the injury wasn't sustained before HT.

Adamant

Quote from: Torpedo10 on June 14, 2018, 10:45:25 PM
So what's the ruling on this? Technically, the injury wasn't sustained before HT.

There's no ruling because Macrae didn't play tonight.

Adamant

Quote from: iZander on June 14, 2018, 02:00:26 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 14, 2018, 01:41:47 PM
I remember when Ada was humble and pleasant

Success is going to his head!  ;D :P

I remember when Ada was literally non existent in WXV first year :P Until trade period popped up hahah

Success just makes it more fun, lets be honest :D

Non-existent? Pretty sure I regularly posted in every weekly thread despite us finishing in the bottom two. In fact, I reckon I posted more in my first season than about 3-4 current coaches combined do now.

The trade period was always going to be my time to shine though.

Ricochet

Nice side there Purps. Only one from NDT missing that would put his hand up would be Robbie Gray.

And yep captain Fyfe

Holz

From Dublin id obviously play Tmac,

I think Hoff over Hawkins, Hoff has been super solid, really unlikely to post a poor game.

Gray Hoff Buddy Menegola up front
Tmac Ryan Lloyd Crisp down back
Gawn in the ruck of course
Fyfe Oliver Danger Kelly in the mids
Treloar Grundy on utility

Kreuz Ward Saad Hawkins i wouldnt put anywhere near the team.

Kelly is the big one i think he is a lock id trust the Seoul big 3.

I could also argue on Form Goldy deserves a go Kreuz has a 3 round average of 105. Goldy has 112.

Torpedo10

Quote from: Holz on June 15, 2018, 11:29:09 AM
From Dublin id obviously play Tmac,

I think Hoff over Hawkins, Hoff has been super solid, really unlikely to post a poor game.

Gray Hoff Buddy Menegola up front
Tmac Ryan Lloyd Crisp down back
Gawn in the ruck of course
Fyfe Oliver Danger Kelly in the mids
Treloar Grundy on utility

Kreuz Ward Saad Hawkins i wouldnt put anywhere near the team.

Kelly is the big one i think he is a lock id trust the Seoul big 3.

I could also argue on Form Goldy deserves a go Kreuz has a 3 round average of 105. Goldy has 112.
Coniglio over Kelly surely?  :P

Holz

Quote from: Torpedo10 on June 15, 2018, 11:53:58 AM

For me no, not even close

89 138 89 then injured is conigs with a season 107

99 97 146 is kelly with a season 110 coming off a 114 year.

to me thats an easy decision do you pick the guy coming off a minor injury with a 105 form or do you pick the healthy, superior player who is averaging 114 form.

Goldy is in better form the Conigs

Torpedo10

Quote from: Holz on June 15, 2018, 12:03:10 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on June 15, 2018, 11:53:58 AM

For me no, not even close

89 138 89 then injured is conigs with a season 107

99 97 146 is kelly with a season 110 coming off a 114 year.

to me thats an easy decision do you pick the guy coming off a minor injury with a 105 form or do you pick the healthy, superior player who is averaging 114 form.

Goldy is in better form the Conigs
However, Coniglio has averaged something like 127 this year with Kelly in the side, forgetting last week where he was 90 at 3QT and didn't come back on.

Holz

Quote from: Torpedo10 on June 15, 2018, 01:34:41 PM
However, Coniglio has averaged something like 127 this year with Kelly in the side, forgetting last week where he was 90 at 3QT and didn't come back on.

pretty long bow there.

1 guy averages more this year, averaged more last year, is in better form and is under no injury cloud.

id pick Goldy over Conigs. Goldy in great form and is playing the Dogs who dont have a great ruck and Mclean Macrae are both either out or not 100%.

Torpedo10

Quote from: Holz on June 15, 2018, 01:41:13 PM

pretty long bow there.

1 guy averages more this year, averaged more last year, is in better form and is under no injury cloud.

id pick Goldy over Conigs. Goldy in great form and is playing the Dogs who dont have a great ruck and Mclean Macrae are both either out or not 100%.
Great form? Average, more like it.

As a Supercoach owner of his, I'll need a 150 this week to back up your bold claim.

Holz

Quote from: Torpedo10 on June 15, 2018, 01:45:35 PM
Quote from: Holz on June 15, 2018, 01:41:13 PM

pretty long bow there.

Great form? Average, more like it.

As a Supercoach owner of his, I'll need a 150 this week to back up your bold claim.

100 89 138 89

112 102 123 112

who is in better form.

GoLions