Main Menu

Survivor 37: David vs Goliath

Started by Nige, May 25, 2018, 02:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

I sound like I'm in love with Davey as I keep bringing him up #nohomo, but damn he's good.  Reckon he even has Nick completely on side now after Mike telling Nick that Davey is gunning for him, proof is in the vote and it didn't show.  Power of the idol got to Mike and I think he's in serious trouble though.  Angelina's cry for food was cringe worthy.

jvalles69

Almost forgot about Jeff talking about "balls", that was hilarious!

Nige

So I haven’t seen the latest episode because my laptop is rip but I got spoiled anyway due to daily trawling of social media on my phone.

At this stage, I’d be shocked if the finale boot order isn’t:

Davie/Alison (Davie being one of two Davids left and clearly somewhat of a threat)
Alison/Davie (edit hasn’t been that kind to her but apparently perceived as a threat to some)
Kara (will lose the firemaking, probably to Nick as I think Mike and Angelina stick together as Goliaths)

I can’t see Angelina getting many votes, if any.
I’d expect most, if not all the Davids to probably vote Nick
Mike probably picks up a couple, but Nick wins.

jvalles69

Quotebut Nick wins.

Definitely starting to feel he's getting a winners edit, I think a lot of the survivors will feel for him after his emotional reunion with his dad.

Jukes

Hopefully tomorrow’s finale caps this season off as top five all-time rather than having a good season shower the bed like in HHH.

All of the contestants still in it are great. Nick is my favourite and I certainly have a history of picking the #2 so hopefully he can get the job done. Davie, Kara, Allison, and Mike are (from best to non-best) very good characters too, but if Nick can’t win I’d love an Angelina victory for the memes. She’s hilarious!

From here it probably won’t happen, but having the winner decided by the fire making challenge for the third straight season would be disgusting. Just dump that whole thing already it’s gone on long enough.

kilbluff1985

yeah im keen to watch it after poker today

jvalles69

Things I took away from the finale...

Angelina - has more delusions than any dementia patient I've ever looked after.  If I was Mike or Nick, I'd have called her out saying she couldn't find that idol by herself and she lost the clue.
Mike - Has a real nasty streak...or PMS.
Alison - She takes her pulse every tribal, and at the end of the reunion show as they pan away, she was still taking her pulse.  :o
Davie - Was contrasting to see his real life personality and how calm and cool he acted on the show.  Didn't scramble enough, but respect him for not scrambling if that makes sense.
Kara - When someone came at her with a plan, "OMG, thats exactly what I wanted to do".  Closest thing this season had to a goat.
Nick - Worthy.

All in all a top season, love to see some of the contestants return.

jvalles69

So apparently Mike smuggled THC onto the island, must have run out after his brutal put down of Alison.  CBS apparently aren't DQ-ing him, but I feel they should.  He's obviously an anxious person in real life, the THC for him would definitely have been a "performance enhancing drug".  No way would he have been so calm and have built the same relationships.

kilbluff1985

wow respect for his play is gone now

kilbluff1985

Joe back next season  ;D

btw have they ever done a international season

like a few past contestents from each country that does survivor would be fun

jvalles69

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 21, 2018, 02:42:16 PM
Joe back next season  ;D

btw have they ever done a international season

like a few past contestents from each country that does survivor would be fun

Since CBS is in charge of the Australian one now, I have assumed they may eventually do an America vs Australia one?

crowls

Quote from: jvalles69 on December 21, 2018, 11:13:36 AM
Things I took away from the finale...

Angelina - has more delusions than any dementia patient I've ever looked after.  If I was Mike or Nick, I'd have called her out saying she couldn't find that idol by herself and she lost the clue.
Mike - Has a real nasty streak...or PMS.
Alison - She takes her pulse every tribal, and at the end of the reunion show as they pan away, she was still taking her pulse.  :o
Davie - Was contrasting to see his real life personality and how calm and cool he acted on the show.  Didn't scramble enough, but respect him for not scrambling if that makes sense.
Kara - When someone came at her with a plan, "OMG, thats exactly what I wanted to do".  Closest thing this season had to a goat.
Nick - Worthy.

All in all a top season, love to see some of the contestants return.
The other takeaway was the delusion that men and women are the same and should, could play the same type of games.    Angelina was just a self centred narcissistic dog that lasted only because people wanted her gone for emotional reasons and not game based play reasons so she lasted.    I laughed my arse off when Nick told her he was taking her through.     

Women only find 15% of idols and that is a man problem.   PLEASE - have a look at why women are not finding idols.  Pretty sure it has nothing to do with lack of opportunity.   

Christian was a great to watch and listen too and was sorry to see him voted out.   Overall Nick was a very worthy winner that demonstrated ability socially, emotionally, strategically, mentally and physically.   Exactly what you want in a winner.