Survivor 36: Ghost Island/Survivor NZ: Thailand

Started by Nige, March 01, 2018, 06:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enzedder

Quote from: Spite on May 11, 2018, 03:23:28 PM
Guess which two people got to meet a whole host of Australian Survivor players as well as Andrea Boehlke?
Max Gawn and Pamela Anderson.

GoLions

Quote from: Spite on May 11, 2018, 03:23:28 PM
Guess which two people got to meet a whole host of Australian Survivor players as well as Andrea Boehlke?
You and some other dog from FF I'm sure ;)

Spite

Quote from: enzedder on May 15, 2018, 04:41:15 PM
Quote from: Nige on May 09, 2018, 02:08:20 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on May 09, 2018, 01:42:12 PM
nothing will live up to the US version.
Last season of Australian Survivor was fantastic and this season of Survivor NZ has gotten off to a good start.

Also, the hosts shouldn't be trying to be Probst, because nobody can be, but both JLP and Matt Chisholm have their own charm and things that make them good hosts.
The NZ host was appalling in season 1. Cringeworthy. He can't have improved that much to be rated good. Maybe he's just a little bit shower now. I'm still not watching it but if you want to be taken seriously there's some things you shouldn't post.

Jeez I think that is pretty closed minded of you enzedder which seems a bit out of character! You haven't seen him this season and so you can't really make a judgement call like that and say that we can't take Nige seriously, when you are the one that is talking without any facts... Chisholm has vastly improved from last season (from someone who has watched both) and not only that, he is being widely recognised in the Survivor community for how well he is doing this season. All the more reasons to give Survivor NZ S2 a go, and also all the more reasons to take what Nige says seriously.

kilbluff1985

didnt watch 1st season but im not hating the guy

enzedder

Quote from: Spite on May 15, 2018, 09:35:05 PM
Quote from: enzedder on May 15, 2018, 04:41:15 PM
Quote from: Nige on May 09, 2018, 02:08:20 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on May 09, 2018, 01:42:12 PM
nothing will live up to the US version.
Last season of Australian Survivor was fantastic and this season of Survivor NZ has gotten off to a good start.

Also, the hosts shouldn't be trying to be Probst, because nobody can be, but both JLP and Matt Chisholm have their own charm and things that make them good hosts.
The NZ host was appalling in season 1. Cringeworthy. He can't have improved that much to be rated good. Maybe he's just a little bit shower now. I'm still not watching it but if you want to be taken seriously there's some things you shouldn't post.

Jeez I think that is pretty closed minded of you enzedder which seems a bit out of character! You haven't seen him this season and so you can't really make a judgement call like that and say that we can't take Nige seriously, when you are the one that is talking without any facts... Chisholm has vastly improved from last season (from someone who has watched both) and not only that, he is being widely recognised in the Survivor community for how well he is doing this season. All the more reasons to give Survivor NZ S2 a go, and also all the more reasons to take what Nige says seriously.
Perhaps he has improved and I hope that the season entertains all of you who are watching it. It's hard for me to believe though.  Anyway I've missed the beginning episodes and hold no regrets and won't watch it now part way through.  Probst's American survivor is enough for me to get my fix.

kilbluff1985

Nige

This season is super enjoyable if you're a Dom and/or Wendell fan. Fortunately, I love both.

Gotta love Donathan just blowing up his game. It was basically his boot episode but he managed to survive it.

Laurel is dumb, could have easily made a move twice in two weeks and is just content to ride the Dom/Wendell coattails to third place with no votes.

Also I couldn't stop laughing at Kellyn's advantage winding back up on Ghost Island and Sebastian Pirate getting it.

Hard to tell if Dom and Wendell are this good at Survivor and everyone else just sucks, I think it's a bit of both. More competent players would have done something by now though, but they're honestly the ultimate duo. They've surpassed JT and Fishbach for me, and I loved those guys in Tocantins.

GoLions

Quote from: Nige on May 17, 2018, 06:40:25 PM
Laurel is dumb, could have easily made a move twice in two weeks and is just content to ride the Dom/Wendell coattails to third place with no votes.
Laurel or Yanny?

kilbluff1985

jvalles69

The self implosions on this season are great.  I hope Dom doesn't let Donathon say a word to him any more.

Jukes

Obvious gigantic spoilers below

Conflicted about the winner. Dom was the better player and deserved to win, save for a bitter jury, but Wendell is still a top-tier winner and deserving of a survivor title (but yes, Dom would've been more deserving and an elite-tier winner). The new final-four system definitely had a big impact on this season, because surely Laurel doesn't miss her opportunity to vote out Wendell at F4 - definitely not as bad/rigged as HHH though. I hope they get rid of it.

You can clearly see a divide between the Dom and Wendell voters as well - the big-time players (Chris) and with a strategic focus (Michael, Libby, Des) up against the bitter (Kellyn) low-time players who didn't respect game (Chelsea, Sebastian, Donathan, Angela) - if that all makes sense. When it came to 5-5 it was over, Laurel was only ever going to put her vote in one place. Was like Aubry 2.0, getting robbed by a bitter jury despite being the no-doubt better player in every sense pretty much, although Wendell is a good winner and far better than Michele. The fact that they were actually bitter and pissed off about the fake idol play was really annoying. Votes based on emotion and not OOO annoy me, and it seems there was a few of them there. Used to be starting to like Kellyn but she was terrible tonight, while Sebastian (who was also terrible tonight) and Donathan couldn't give credit where credit is due unlike Chris.

Overall it was a pretty decent season with a good finale, nothing amazing but a lot better than some other seasons with two great survivor players - Wendell and Dom > JT and Fishy and Rob and Amber. Dom and Michael without a doubt return, Donathan maybe as well.

tl;dr Dom robbed and genuinely one of the best survivors to not win of all time but Wendell also a good winner

edit: can add Kellyn, Sebastian, Laurel and Angela pretty much to a list of worst survivor players of all time imho. Shows that when you have people like Sebastian and Kellyn voting on the jury gameplay doesn't really matter.

Tweet of the Night
Randy Bailey @RandyBailey1720 11 hours ago
If I ever get a third chance to play #survivor I am definitely switching teams and becoming homosexual just in case #SIA is handing out cash.  #SurvivorGhostIsland  #RHAP  #SurvivorFinale

jvalles69

:okgfdjgljfgjf'dpfj'dpofgkd :o/fjd;lg;lkfsg';lskdg;lkds'g;k'sg[ :osdg/;g/;slm/g;lmf/md;g/;fdmg :o :o :o

RaisyDaisy

Agree with everything Jukes said - summed it all up perfectly

I really hope Dom and Wendell made a private deal to chop the prize 500k each

enzedder

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 25, 2018, 11:16:22 AM
Agree with everything Jukes said - summed it all up perfectly

I really hope Dom and Wendell made a private deal to chop the prize 500k each
Good season finished and Jukes nailed it with his comments above.
Only thing the finale lacked was a Don and Wendell fire challenge for the fun of it.