Survivor 36: Ghost Island/Survivor NZ: Thailand

Started by Nige, March 01, 2018, 06:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Nige

Seemed like the double elimination was a production ploy to try and break up the "Naviti strong" alliance (Kellyn pls stop). Clearly it failed.

Chelsea is apparently now the most statistically "purple" player or something, hasn't had a confessional since Bradley's boot ep, and that's despite her winning individual immunity twice.

Dom and Wendell are dominating this game and putting on a near master class on how to run the game as a duo. It's kinda boring in a way, but also incredibly impressive to watch. I'm enjoying it though, because they're my two favourites in the game.

Jenna getting sent straight to the jury after her vote out was kinda funny and sad, not even getting final words was rough.

Based on everything we've seen, the Dom/Wendell/Laurel/Donathan alliance has to be the final 4 and I'd be very surprised if it wasn't.

Spite

Quote from: Nige on May 03, 2018, 10:11:12 PM
Seemed like the double elimination was a production ploy to try and break up the "Naviti strong" alliance (Kellyn pls stop). Clearly it failed.

Chelsea is apparently now the most statistically "purple" player or something, hasn't had a confessional since Bradley's boot ep, and that's despite her winning individual immunity twice.

Dom and Wendell are dominating this game and putting on a near master class on how to run the game as a duo. It's kinda boring in a way, but also incredibly impressive to watch. I'm enjoying it though, because they're my two favourites in the game.

Jenna getting sent straight to the jury after her vote out was kinda funny and sad, not even getting final words was rough.

Based on everything we've seen, the Dom/Wendell/Laurel/Donathan alliance has to be the final 4 and I'd be very surprised if it wasn't.

+1 to everything, great read. Starting to think Donathan is the no vote getter at FTC.

Second episode of Survivor NZ was solid, I really like the outpost idea! Want Matt and Dave to meet there!

AK Knight from Aus Survivor S2 was the Podcast guest this week, thought it was another great podcast (no bias)

Nige

Quote from: Spite on May 04, 2018, 02:40:08 PM
+1 to everything, great read. Starting to think Donathan is the no vote getter at FTC.
I think it's gonna be Laurel. Seems to be a narrative where she thinks she's safe sticking with Dom/Wendell, and while she is, they're a tight duo and she's a Malolo, so basically a goat.

Second episode of Survivor NZ was solid, I really like the outpost idea! Want Matt and Dave to meet there!
Agreed with this. That'd be fun. Liking the way this show/season is shaping. Idol in play certainly makes it fun and the tribe dynamics are interesting. Slowly warming to the host, but there are a few things he says that annoy me. There are some really good characters out there though.

Spite

Quote from: Nige on May 04, 2018, 04:43:27 PM

I think it's gonna be Laurel. Seems to be a narrative where she thinks she's safe sticking with Dom/Wendell, and while she is, they're a tight duo and she's a Malolo, so basically a goat.

Agreed with this. That'd be fun. Liking the way this show/season is shaping. Idol in play certainly makes it fun and the tribe dynamics are interesting. Slowly warming to the host, but there are a few things he says that annoy me. There are some really good characters out there though.

Chisholm-isms you mean? STRAIGHT IN THE DRINK! OLD MATE IDOL! Haha

enzedder

The double elimination was certainly different.
As things turned out it didn't really change much.
I'm glad Jenna was voted out. Thought Donathan may have been played but credit to him for not being sucked in.

enzedder

Quote from: Nige on May 04, 2018, 04:43:27 PM
Slowly warming to the host, but there are a few things he says that annoy me.
Only a few things. He must've bloomed into the role because last season everything he said grated on me. One of the reasons I'm not watching it.

Nige

Just edited the thread title so we can use this for Survivor NZ: Thailand since we already are and it will still be on after Ghost Island finishes.

On that, I'm actually really enjoying the different vibe this show/season has. The Kiwis bring something a little different. There is a lot of respect and sportsmanship going on, but not like Aus Survivor S1 Lee Carseldine level of mateship.

Can't decide whether Eve played the idol situation terribly or well in the end. Hopefully things shake up a little next episode as hinted in the preview because as much as I like Khangkaw, the game needs them to go to tribal now.

jvalles69

Quote from: Nige on May 09, 2018, 01:14:54 PM
Just edited the thread title so we can use this for Survivor NZ: Thailand since we already are and it will still be on after Ghost Island finishes.

On that, I'm actually really enjoying the different vibe this show/season has. The Kiwis bring something a little different. There is a lot of respect and sportsmanship going on, but not like Aus Survivor S1 Lee Carseldine level of mateship.

Can't decide whether Eve played the idol situation terribly or well in the end. Hopefully things shake up a little next episode as hinted in the preview because as much as I like Khangkaw, the game needs them to go to tribal now.

Don't know if I can do another Survivor, nothing will live up to Probst and the US version.  Any hotties on the kiwi one?  :P

Nige

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 09, 2018, 01:42:12 PM
nothing will live up to the US version.
Last season of Australian Survivor was fantastic and this season of Survivor NZ has gotten off to a good start.

Also, the hosts shouldn't be trying to be Probst, because nobody can be, but both JLP and Matt Chisholm have their own charm and things that make them good hosts.

Jukes

Nige

Quote from: Jukes on May 09, 2018, 10:55:50 PM
http://insidesurvivor.com/russell-hantz-to-appear-on-australian-survivor-season-3-33760

Idk if real or May fools but this would certainly be the greatest thing ever
I don't love or hate Russell, but I'm not a huge fan of the idea when the show is Australian Survivor. The whole concept of the upcoming season kinda worries me a little and if they're already trying to recruit some like Hantz for this season, I feel like they're taking a step in the wrong direction after a really good S2.

Spite

Unless something drastic changed behind the scenes, I can confirm that it isn't a joke. He's on the season!

Spite

Guess which two people got to meet a whole host of Australian Survivor players as well as Andrea Boehlke?

enzedder

Quote from: Nige on May 09, 2018, 02:08:20 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on May 09, 2018, 01:42:12 PM
nothing will live up to the US version.
Last season of Australian Survivor was fantastic and this season of Survivor NZ has gotten off to a good start.

Also, the hosts shouldn't be trying to be Probst, because nobody can be, but both JLP and Matt Chisholm have their own charm and things that make them good hosts.
The NZ host was appalling in season 1. Cringeworthy. He can't have improved that much to be rated good. Maybe he's just a little bit shower now. I'm still not watching it but if you want to be taken seriously there's some things you shouldn't post.