Survivor 36: Ghost Island/Survivor NZ: Thailand

Started by Nige, March 01, 2018, 06:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

only just watched last weeks ep

he was dumb risking his vote

Spite

So my girlfriend has been announced as the Survivor NZ Podcast Host for RHAP this season (Which I know a few people listen to) which is pretty great!
If you're interested you can hear her first podcast, with Mike Bloom, about the Survivor NZ pregame (warning, long podcast) and next week she will be reviewing the first Survivor NZ episode with "Zen Hen" Henry from Australian Survivor Season 2.

http://robhasawebsite.com/survivor-new-zealand-thailand-season-preview-rhapup-mike-bloom/

Survivor NZ S2 has a good feel to it, they've ironed out all the poor decisions from the first season so really looking forward to it this season!

Spite

Wow! The first episode of Survivor NZ was really good! Looks like it’s going to be an interesting season for sure. Some really great characters and they actually all want to play right off the bat. Great news!

http://vidup.tv/s3x0iff0v4re

There’s a link to the first episode if anyone wants to watch!

Nige

Heard good things about Survivor NZ so I reckon I'll try get around this second season.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Nige on April 23, 2018, 04:58:00 PM
Heard good things about Survivor NZ so I reckon I'll try get around this second season.

yeah i will watch when i get out

enzedder

I'm not watching it. The first season was shower. The host is no Probst. He's shower. There were no immunity idols. Maybe this season will be better. Probably will be because the first season couldn't have been worse. They lost me. I'll stick with the American version.

Spite

Quote from: enzedder on April 23, 2018, 07:18:58 PM
I'm not watching it. The first season was shower. The host is no Probst. He's shower. There were no immunity idols. Maybe this season will be better. Probably will be because the first season couldn't have been worse. They lost me. I'll stick with the American version.

Yes, as I said a few posts above, they corrected everything that was bad about it in the first season.

They got people who want to play the game, removed Redemption Island, added immunity idols and have an interesting cast. Very good signs already! Maybe give it a shot. Aussie Survivor S1 was shower and S2 was amazing, so probably same deal is going to happen

crowls

i thought living in nz was a game of survivor or is that just auckland..   

enzedder

Quote from: crowls on April 24, 2018, 04:54:36 AM
South Auckland... where I am. Neighbour is Jake the Muss from Once were warriors. I get his Mrs to cook us eggs when we are on the pis.  ;D (Classic NZ movie for those who don't know it)

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: enzedder on April 24, 2018, 11:07:12 AM
South Auckland... where I am. Neighbour is Jake the Muss from Once were warriors. I get his Mrs to cook us eggs when we are on the pis.  ;D (Classic NZ movie for those who don't know it)

Haha, cook the man some eggs!!

jvalles69

Quote from: enzedder on April 24, 2018, 11:07:12 AM

I met him in Rotarua!  Took photos with him and eveything, but the person who took the photos never sent them to me.  :(

Nige

Quote from: Spite on April 23, 2018, 08:18:21 PM
Quote from: enzedder on April 23, 2018, 07:18:58 PM

Yes, as I said a few posts above, they corrected everything that was bad about it in the first season.

They got people who want to play the game, removed Redemption Island, added immunity idols and have an interesting cast. Very good signs already! Maybe give it a shot. Aussie Survivor S1 was shower and S2 was amazing, so probably same deal is going to happen
I finally got a chance to check out the first ep and without having seen the first season to compare it, I really enjoyed it. It did feel a bit slow and the almost laidback nature of the Kiwis was kinda weird because both us and the Americans appeared to really play more frenetically, but maybe that will come in time. I love the location though, Thailand's awesome and if it provides the same challenge that the US season did, that'll be cool.

Nige

On the latest Ghost Island ep, Des provided a masterclass in how to blow up your game in the space of an entire ep.

Dom and Wendell are gonna go down as one of the best duos in Survivor history if they keep this up and go all the way. Almost kinda JT and Fishbach-esque. They're both great characters.

enzedder

Quote from: Nige on April 26, 2018, 05:10:09 PM
On the latest Ghost Island ep, Des provided a masterclass in how to blow up your game in the space of an entire ep.

Dom and Wendell are gonna go down as one of the best duos in Survivor history if they keep this up and go all the way. Almost kinda JT and Fishbach-esque. They're both great characters.
Des had a mare. Best laid plans and nah.

kilbluff1985