Holz

Dublin Reluctantly Give: Lachlan Tiziani
PNL Give: Phil Davis

Hellopplz

Quote from: Holz on January 31, 2018, 06:19:06 PM
Dublin Reluctantly Give: Lachlan Tiziani
PNL Give: Phil Davis
Accepted.

Holz was after a depth back who will play often. In comes Davis. We are hedging our bets on a few young forwards, with a few potentially moving to the midfield long term, we are looking to ensure we don't forget to keep actual forwards :P.

Purple 77

Berlin trade: David Armitage
Buenos Aires trade: Luke Hodge

I simply needed another defender, and after a tiresome search I had two deals that I'd probably wouldn't do if I wasn't in dire need of a defender. In the end, I chose this one (sorry meow!).

Hodge will strengthen my defense to what it needs to be to compete, at the expense of a surplus midfielder.

IZander to confirm.

iZander

Quote from: Purple 77 on February 01, 2018, 12:01:44 AM

I simply needed another defender, and after a tiresome search I had two deals that I'd probably wouldn't do if I wasn't in dire need of a defender. In the end, I chose this one (sorry meow!).

Hodge will strengthen my defense to what it needs to be to compete, at the expense of a surplus midfielder.

IZander to confirm.

Purple 77

Dublin trade: Lachlan Tiziani
PNL trade: Phil Davis

I'm comfortable in passing this trade. You know what you'll get with Davis, whereas you don't with Tiziani. These small players are too insignificant to neg.

Trade passed.

Nige

Purps asked me to rule on this trade as he's a part of it and also slightly elaborated on his reasons for the trade to me.

I don't think there's a lot to say here. Both teams basically get a player they need with some elements of risk attached to them. I've got no issue with this.

Trade passed.

Holz

What a great system.

Quicker, easier and less controversy.

Why dont we always have this

iZander

Quote from: Purple 77 on February 02, 2018, 09:25:05 AM

I'm comfortable in passing this trade. You know what you'll get with Davis, whereas you don't with Tiziani. These small players are too insignificant to neg.

Trade passed.
How was this trade passed? Phil davis is a proven scorer and tiz might not even play a game? wtf?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: iZander on February 02, 2018, 03:06:05 PM

Trade passed.
How was this trade passed? Phil davis is a proven scorer and tiz might not even play a game? wtf?

Davis is a proven scorer

In the Ressies :P

At least with Tiziani there is some sort of hope and potential for the future. We all know Davis isn't going to improve (in terms of SC)

iZander

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 02, 2018, 03:35:56 PM

Trade passed.

Davis is a proven scorer

At least with Tiziani there is some sort of hope and potential for the future. We all know Davis isn't going to improve (in terms of SC)
hahah i think you missed it :P

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 02, 2018, 03:35:56 PM

Trade passed.

Davis is a proven scorer

I'm gonna have to agree with iZ here

Levi434

I guess I can see both sides of the argument so let's break it down:

Phil Davis "proven scorer" = solid 60-odd player and guaranteed depth as he'll play a majority of the games.

Lachlan Tiziani "younger and potential" = drafted with AFL and WXV pick 54 two years ago.

You could argue Tiziani is worth less than that as he hasn't played for 2 years. So let's say he is worth WXV pick 60. A simple way to determine Davis' pick value is to look at some of the previous trades completed this offseason. Davis is a 27yo defender who averaged 65.8 last year.

Mark Lecras is a fwd and averaged 66.3. Now you can argue that Lecras has a deeper scoring history than Davis but surely the 4 year age gap accounts for said difference?

This was the Lecras trade:

QuoteTrade 95
Dublin trade: Mark LeCras + PSD Pick 8
Buenos Aires trade: Pick 35 + PSD Pick 19

So a 66.3ave fwd who is 31 years old is basically worth pick 37-40. Therefore a 65.8 defender who is 4 years younger should be worth about the same.

Another example:

QuoteTrade 113
Moscow trade: Lynden Dunn + James Frawley
Rio de Janeiro trade: Pick 34 + Pick 48

Dunn is 30 and averaged 68 whilst Frawley is 29 and averaged 66.3. You could say both are worth pick 41 simply by splitting the picks.

BUT... as Purp said:
These small players are too insignificant to neg.

Conclusion: Make one for yourself cause I bad at computars... :-[

Holz

Quote from: Levi434 on February 02, 2018, 04:15:34 PM
You could argue Tiziani is worth less than that as he hasn't played for 2 years. So let's say he is worth WXV pick 60.

i dont really agree with that logic.

Like if i pick a KPP with pick 30 knowing they will take a few years. In a few years time (as long as they are tracking along as expected) then id actually expect a top 20 pick for them.

The reason why KPP slip is people dont want to wait for them.

Like Weits went pick 8 but its clear he is now worth pick 1 as he is about to be a superstar.

Levi434

Quote from: Holz on February 02, 2018, 06:05:18 PM
Quote from: Levi434 on February 02, 2018, 04:15:34 PM
You could argue Tiziani is worth less than that as he hasn't played for 2 years. So let's say he is worth WXV pick 60.

i dont really agree with that logic.

Like if i pick a KPP with pick 30 knowing they will take a few years. In a few years time (as long as they are tracking along as expected) then id actually expect a top 20 pick for them.

The reason why KPP slip is people dont want to wait for them.

Like Weits went pick 8 but its clear he is now worth pick 1 as he is about to be a superstar.

Where did this KPP talk come from? It doesn't have anything to do with Tiziani because he isn't one.

Levi434

Quote from: Holz on February 02, 2018, 06:05:18 PM

I can only imagine what Weits will be worth in a few years. Probably 3 pick 1's! Not just envy but I also lust for Mexico right now!