WXV Rules Discussion 2017

Started by Purple 77, August 01, 2017, 12:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

Holz

I absolutely love it as a new comp.

I despise it for worlds. We have spent 6 years building these teams free agency will ruin it.

However if its a new comp then im all for it. Ill put my hand up as a coach.

My team name Monaco Moneyballers

Purple 77

That is pretty amazing. That spreadsheet would actually be insane too.

I'm all for exploring the idea :) just probably more in depth next year, in the next rules discussion period. But don't mind a yes/no at the concept now, to implant the seed of thought for next year

Purple 77

Alright, I'm starting to wake up 'round here again. Hope everyone has had (or is still having) a good break!

About to send the "Trade Period Review" PM, which talks about 3 major trade processing alternatives (specifics to be refined in later votes depending on which alternative wins).

Use this space to discuss before you respond to the PM if you like :)

A) Keep the current system (allowing all voices to be heard). If this option wins, we'll then review the "neg" brackets i.e. 0-3 = autopass, 4-5 votes = passes but admin can fail it etc.

B) Give me total power over trade rulings (reducing trade processing time significantly).

C) Establish a trade committee (reducing trade processing time). This committee would comprise of about 5 members, which will consist of me and 4 others (WXV inclusive or not) either chosen by me or the WXV coaches.

Purple 77

Also, just for interests sake...

These are the amount of times Team X negged a trade (out of 116)

Which is a total of 112.

Which is interesting, coz last year it was 86 in total.

But then there's good ol 2015, which totalled 169.

But yeah, PM me if you're interested to see how many trades you negged :)

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on January 08, 2018, 10:42:17 AM
Alright, I'm starting to wake up 'round here again. Hope everyone has had (or is still having) a good break!

About to send the "Trade Period Review" PM, which talks about 3 major trade processing alternatives (specifics to be refined in later votes depending on which alternative wins).

Use this space to discuss before you respond to the PM if you like :)

A) Keep the current system (allowing all voices to be heard). If this option wins, we'll then review the "neg" brackets i.e. 0-3 = autopass, 4-5 votes = passes but admin can fail it etc.

B) Give me total power over trade rulings (reducing trade processing time significantly).

C) Establish a trade committee (reducing trade processing time). This committee would comprise of about 5 members, which will consist of me and 4 others (WXV inclusive or not) either chosen by me or the WXV coaches.

All Hail the King.

Long may he reign

Torpedo10

Quote from: Purple 77 on January 08, 2018, 10:52:28 AM
Also, just for interests sake...

These are the amount of times Team X negged a trade (out of 116)

Which is a total of 112.

Which is interesting, coz last year it was 86 in total.

But then there's good ol 2015, which totalled 169.

But yeah, PM me if you're interested to see how many trades you negged :)
Zero feels good.  :P

meow meow

meow meow

D) All teams vote except London (crazy negs) and PNL (trades are already decided by the time they finally get around to voting).

Nige

Quote from: meow meow on January 08, 2018, 12:28:43 PM
D) All teams vote except London (crazy negs) and PNL (trades are already decided by the time they finally get around to voting).
Feels wrong to include PNL in the latter category and not Pacific.

RaisyDaisy

;D ;D ;D

DazBurg

easy,
of the 116 trades 90% are the same 3 teams

so either A: commit to passing all regardless involving these 3
or
B: commit to negging all trades involving these 3

either way turnaround issue solved for for the 104/116 trades
:P :P :P

Ringo

Quote from: DazBurg on January 08, 2018, 02:34:49 PM
easy,

or

How do you negs are crazy when voting is supposed to secret  >:( >:( If this is let out then I would be disappointed and would have to consider my role as a coach in this competition)  Fair amount of time is spent analysing trades for fairness and eveness of the competition as per guidelines so sorry to hold up by abiding with guidelines. Have also had a number of Personal Issues these last 6 months which effected time to analyse the trades,

Anyway my thoughts on the rule change is that Purps approve all trades and if 3/4 coaches object then goes to a trades comittee for final approval.  This option also available for rejected trades. Not in the options so need to consider how to vote.

GoLions

Quote from: Ringo on January 08, 2018, 04:57:41 PM
easy,

or

How do you negs are crazy when voting is supposed to secret  >:( >:( If this is let out then I would be disappointed and would have to consider my role as a coach in this competition)  Fair amount of time is spent analysing trades for fairness and eveness of the competition as per guidelines so sorry to hold up by abiding with guidelines. Have also had a number of Personal Issues these last 6 months which effected time to analyse the trades,

Anyway my thoughts on the rule change is that Purps approve all trades and if 3/4 coaches object then goes to a trades comittee for final approval.  This option also available for rejected trades. Not in the options so need to consider how to vote.
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that meow hacked into Purps' account and looked through all his PMs to see how everybody voted for every single trade vote over the last few years.

Or took an educated guess.

Ringo

Quote from: GoLions on January 08, 2018, 05:01:29 PM
Quote from: Ringo on January 08, 2018, 04:57:41 PM
easy,

or

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that meow hacked into Purps' account and looked through all his PMs to see how everybody voted for every single trade vote over the last few years.

Or took an educated guess.
OK we negged quite a few in 2015 but have not negged a lot in the last 2 years.