WXV Rules Discussion 2017

Started by Purple 77, August 01, 2017, 12:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Adding more coaches in would be the goal. The more the merrier. I get sick of talking to myself sometimes, even though it's the only intelligent conversation I get around here.

Levi434

Honestly though.

How much is 1 Paddy dow worth?

I thought he should be priced at 113. But then on discord we decided that 1 mil cap was fair. But then we thought that 2 top ten picks was fair. Like you have to use pick 1 + 2 for Paddy dow.

But then we thought about the possibility of expanding to 36 teams. Imagine having 2 Paddy dow's? Would that mean you'd have to give the top 4 picks?

Honestly I'm kind of lost.

Dove is the only one I love, but dow is making me ask questions... you know the questions all teenagers ask about their orientation...

Adamant

I thought we decided that picks 1 and 2 were a reasonable base. But then you'd have to add another two top 20 picks (let's say 8 + 18) for the 'premium' factor that is Paddy dow. Even then he'd still probably be undervalued.

If we expand to 36 teams then that's a whole new ball game. I'd be tempted to just assign the entire first round of the draft to secure the services of two Paddy dow's.

Levi434

Thank you for your reply Adamant. That is what we decided but I was just a little flustered but I guess here is the big question:

Is that fair to the rest of the comp?

We can assume a team with Paddy dow is locked in to win the premiership for as long as he plays. Say 23 years. Is that really fair?

meow meow

Let's get one thing straight. You don't love them. I love them.

Purple 77

1. Salary Cap v Points Cap (with no age discount)

Which cap would you like?

A) Salary Cap; the way it is now.
B) Points Cap; as explained by Holz here
A: 11
B: 7

2. Age discount

Would you like to see an age discount, where all players born in 1987 or earlier receive a 3% discount for every year earlier they were born? That is, if born in 1987, you would receive a 3% discount. 1986 --> 6%, 1985 --> 9% etc. This base year will be 1988 in 2018, 1989 in 2019 etc.

A) Yes, I would like to see an age discount on player cap values.
B) No, I would not like to see an age discount on player cap values.

A: 10
B: 8

I'll open up some threads

Holz

Well thats surprising, the one i thought was nothing but logical to auto pass failed and the one i thought was highly subjective passed.

ohh well move on to trade Period.

got to see if I can pick up Josh Kelly from Seoul. Only a 90 average mid, shouldnt cost too much  :P Might see if i can pick up Heath Shaw as a 95 defender and chuck a little extra on.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Holz on August 28, 2017, 10:28:12 AM
Well thats surprising, the one i thought was nothing but logical to auto pass failed and the one i thought was highly subjective passed.

got to see if I can pick up Josh Kelly from Seoul. Only a 90 average mid, shouldnt cost too much  :P Might see if i can pick up Heath Shaw as a 95 defender and chuck a little extra on.

Yes because there cap value is exactly the same as trade value.

So I'll give you 8 of my spuds for Dusty hopefully it passes and I'm not giving too much overs!

Holz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 28, 2017, 11:33:20 AM
Quote from: Holz on August 28, 2017, 10:28:12 AM

Yes because there cap value is exactly the same as trade value.

So I'll give you 8 of my spuds for Dusty hopefully it passes and I'm not giving too much overs!

It was a joke at the cap and im talking straight trade not 8 for 1.

I'm not sure what the cap is to be honest. Not a reflection of scoring power either with the 83 average player costing 100k more then then the 114 average player.

You know thats not right.

meow meow

Is the cap going to be revised later? Or are the min/max set? Currently it includes all the retirees prices, which will inflate the average immensely.

Purple 77

Quote from: meow meow on August 30, 2017, 08:24:35 PM
Is the cap going to be revised later? Or are the min/max set? Currently it includes all the retirees prices, which will inflate the average immensely.

It's consistent with all previous years, so it's set.

meow meow

Can you remind me of this next year? It's quite stupid to include the values of Sam Mitchell, Joey, Nroo for next years cap.

Levi434

Please Watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6njnBSMGqA

I'd appreciate if people paused to read relevant information because I think this would definitely take WXV to the next level. 

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Levi434 on September 16, 2017, 06:55:37 PM
Please Watch:

I'd appreciate if people paused to read relevant information because I think this would definitely take WXV to the next level.

Heads up for everyone else, be sure to mute the video :P

Levi434

Quote from: Levi434 on September 16, 2017, 06:55:37 PM
Please Watch:

I should also mention that the spreadsheet changes according to the player you are negotiating with. This is purely an example which I used.