WXV Rules Discussion 2017

Started by Purple 77, August 01, 2017, 12:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Get some depth, don't change the rules because you can't depth.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Nige on August 24, 2017, 03:33:04 PM
Quote from: meow meow on August 24, 2017, 03:30:44 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 24, 2017, 03:24:42 PM
Flood/Attack stays with no bonus/penalty and pinch hit doesn't come in?

Sigh

Until I see a short player compete in the ruck with the aid of a baseball bat I'll never vote for pinch hit.
Sir Daniel of Caleb could do it.

Quote from: meow meow on August 24, 2017, 03:51:58 PM

Why should you be able to flood and attack because you have no depth, and do so without a penalty but for the one position where there is literally 20 active players, you cop a massive penalty if you don''t have depth there, but the positions with hundreds of players cop no penalty and can flood/attack?

It's totally flawed, and I cannot believe the rule isn't changing - in fact it's somehow got even better for teams with poor def/fwd depth because the penalty/bonus is no longer in!

Crazy. Makes zero sense

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 24, 2017, 04:33:16 PM

Why should you be able to flood and attack because you have no depth, and do so without a penalty but for the one position where there is literally 20 active players, you cop a massive penalty if you don''t have depth there, but the positions with hundreds of players cop no penalty and can flood/attack?

It's totally flawed, and I cannot believe the rule isn't changing - in fact it's somehow got even better for teams with poor def/fwd depth because the penalty/bonus is no longer in!

Crazy. Makes zero sense

its not just about depth, I have used it just because i have a higher scoring F5 then D4.

like this week id used it if i could to play Tom Hawkins over Weits even though i might have 6-7 defenders playing this week.

Purple 77

No more Leadership Groups, which I find ironic given that they'd be better without the possibility of loopholing haha

Still, glad we tried it out.

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 24, 2017, 05:11:20 PM
No more Leadership Groups, which I find ironic given that they'd be better without the possibility of loopholing haha

Matt Crouch wasn't a fan of them

it benefited Dublin to keep the leadership groups, but reckon it was unfair to NDT that they couldn't captain Matt. So thats why i voted to get rid of them

Ricochet

Quote from: Holz on August 24, 2017, 05:15:56 PM

it benefited Dublin to keep the leadership groups, but reckon it was unfair to NDT that they couldn't captain Matt. So thats why i voted to get rid of them
Voted to keep it lol

Torpedo10

Quote from: Ricochet on August 24, 2017, 05:20:58 PM

Voted to keep it lol

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on August 24, 2017, 05:20:58 PM

Voted to keep it lol

hey at least it shows we are voting in the best interest of the comp.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on August 24, 2017, 04:58:36 PM

Crazy. Makes zero sense

its not just about depth, I have used it just because i have a higher scoring F5 then D4.

like this week id used it if i could to play Tom Hawkins over Weits even though i might have 6-7 defenders playing this week.

So not only can you use flood/attack to make up for your poor depth/trading you can also use it to exploit fielding better players

Yet the rucks get smashed 50%

Makes sense

Purple 77

11 votes already, awesome!

Just mine and 6 others to go, and we'll call it quits for another 11-12 months  :-X

Nige

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 24, 2017, 06:00:01 PM
11 votes already, awesome!

Just mine and 6 others to go, and we'll call it quits for another 11-12 months  :-X
I'm holding you to this.  :P

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 24, 2017, 05:43:32 PM
Quote from: Holz on August 24, 2017, 04:58:36 PM

Crazy. Makes zero sense

So not only can you use flood/attack to make up for your poor depth/trading you can also use it to exploit fielding better players

Yet the rucks get smashed 50%

Makes sense

you only need to field 1 ruck though and the good thing is there is often only 1 or 2 back up.

So its not too hard to get a ruck handcuff.

you need something really unlucky like Goldy Preuss Daw all injured. Which is rare.

ill happily cop the 50% though.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Nige on August 24, 2017, 03:33:04 PM
Quote from: meow meow on August 24, 2017, 03:30:44 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 24, 2017, 03:24:42 PM
Flood/Attack stays with no bonus/penalty and pinch hit doesn't come in?

Sigh

Until I see a short player compete in the ruck with the aid of a baseball bat I'll never vote for pinch hit.
Sir Daniel of Caleb could do it.

Confirmed Caleb is the ruck you need!

Toga

Yeah bugger would've liked to see leadership groups stay. Oh well.

Levi434

How about we allow coaches to throw 1-3 players into a draft. Then based upon some random formula the draft order is calculated based upon the quality of player you put it.

Example:
Holz throws in Todd Goldstein (80 rated)
meow throws in Ryan Lester (99 rated)
Levi throws in Ben Jacobs (79 rated)
Torp throws in Tim Taranto (90 rated)

The draft order would be:
1. meow
2. Torp
3. Holz
4. Levi

Would be pretty cool I recon. Satisfies peoples urge for drafts without adding 18 more teams in.