WXV Rules Discussion 2017

Started by Purple 77, August 01, 2017, 12:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

That's my point Ada - you traded hard and got out of the mess

Teams that just draft kids and wait for them to hopefully develop into something will continue to be cellar dwellars

Meow, you have more than enough experienced players to balance your youngsters and be competitive - you've actually got a nice mix, although you've lost most of your experience to retirement now, but it's a great strat

Purple 77

I force delist AFL delisted/retired players, you are not allowed to keep them

Purple 77

Me and PNL to go

6. Rolling/Partial Lockout VC Loopholing
A) Continue to Allow
B) Disallow - meaning that only 'reasonable' and AFL selected players can be chosen as a C

B wins, 10 votes to 6. You can no longer VC loophole

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 18, 2017, 04:05:32 PM
I force delist AFL delisted/retired players, you are not allowed to keep them

:'(

I was hoping we could keep Gibbo as our new mascot

Adamant

Well Thursday night games just got a whole lot more boring.

meow meow

Quote from: Adamant on August 18, 2017, 04:19:59 PM
Well Thursday night games just got a whole lot more boring.

What if you have none playing and your opponent has 3? Unfair advantage.

Just bet on random shower to make games interesting. The added entertainment factor alone makes it value for money even if you don't win. Yeah I've got a problem. Wish Ryan Gamble was still playing.

meow meow

Trade me Eddie Betts and a pick so I can grab Josh Multi.

Hellopplz

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 18, 2017, 04:10:31 PM
Me and PNL to go
We should be able to get to it tomorrow.

I've been sick lately so haven't been on same time as Daz :(.

Also PNL is having a rebuild but we have been getting youth in for years, so not as far behind as we thought. We proved our doubters wrong to some extent :p.

upthemaidens

How about instead of HGA, we have the ability to rev up the supporters at a Home game  3 times a year. 
   The President makes a plea to the fans to show their true colours, or a supporter drive, advertising campaign etc. etc.

Another idea when it's a players milestone game that player would get a bonus. 

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: upthemaidens on August 19, 2017, 06:41:05 PM
How about instead of HGA, we have the ability to rev up the supporters at a Home game  3 times a year. 
   The President makes a plea to the fans to show their true colours, or a supporter drive, advertising campaign etc. etc.

Nice ideas :)

Purps, do you have the stats on how many games where actually decided by HGA this season?

I know last weeks was  :'(

GoLions

But it is only effective if your lowest scorer is above 50 :P

And Sam would be furious.

Purple 77

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 19, 2017, 06:54:15 PM

Nice ideas :)

Purps, do you have the stats on how many games where actually decided by HGA this season?

I know last weeks was  :'(

If I had the inclination, it'd take a tedious hour or so.

So no, I don't have them  :-X

Purple 77

That's actually kinda cool

Purple 77

Alrighty! All votes are in. The results are as follows

Note, one team didn't vote for rules already decided (and published) before they submitted their vote.

1. Rested Player Late Call-Up
Currently, if you have nominated someone to be rested in a given week and, for example, he is a forward, and someone in your forward line is a late withdrawal and you have no other forwards in your starting 18, the current interpretation of the rule is that rested player comes in at quarter points because:
    - you can't rest someone if you have to field an OOP in his place; and
    - if there is no one in your starting 18 that can replace a player for full points, the next available player comes in at quarter points.

A) Change to: If this scenario happens again, instead the rested player is to be ignored for selection and someone has to come in OOP like normal. The rested player would keep his rested bonus for next week. However, this is only permissible if:
   - the players selected in the 18 are named in AFL best 22s at start of the week
B) Keep as is

A: 13
B: 4

2. Sub rule for named OOP players
Currently, if you are forced to name a player OOP and he is available to be subbed out, he can't be subbed out because the rule states that a player can only be subbed out if his replacement can come on for full points.

A) Change to: The OOP player can be subbed out for another OOP player, ONLY if the original OOP was named a result of having no available players to fill that position. Of course, the replacement will still have a 50% penalty for being OOP.
B) Keep as is

3. Ruck OOP (haven't forgotten about the 'Pinch-Hit' suggestion. That will be in the next PM)
A) Instead of a 50% penalty to your OOP player, award a 50% bonus to the opposition ruck, to make it more realistic.
B) Keep as is

A: 4
B: 13

4. Allow Teams to 'Trade' below Minimum Salary Cap?
A) Yes
B) No

5. Assuming the current model of the salary cap is maintained (or a slight variant is implemented):
A) Allow draft picks to count as $100k for cap purposes?
B) Allow 'available list spots' to count as $100k each?
C) Neither of the above; don't count them in the cap.

A: 6
B: 10
C: 2

6. Rolling/Partial Lockout VC Loopholing
A) Continue to Allow
B) Disallow - meaning that only 'reasonable' and AFL selected players can be chosen as a C

A: 6
B: 12

7. Rolling/Partial Lockout Emgerncy Loopholing
A) Continue to Allow
B) Disallow - meaning that only 'reasonable' and AFL selected players can be chosen in the starting XV

A: 8

8. Past player comebacks (implemented from 2018 onwards)
A) Keep current bidding system
B) Previous players should automatically return to the list they were on without the bidding process

9. Trading of Officially Retired Players
A) Continue to allow for those struggling with minimum cap
B) Disallow

B: 13

10. Home Ground Advantage
A) Keep - adds a fun element to the game
B) Scrap - decides too many games

B: 5

11. Sub Rule
A) Keep - stops injured players from ruining your game
B) Scrap - I like the luck/unpredictability factor when a player goes down early and feel like getting a replacement is a bit soft

A: 16
B: 1

12. Priority Picks
A) Keep the current system of:
- Lose less than 4 games in one year, you get an end of first round priority pick
- Lose less than 4 games in two consecutive years, you get a start of first round priority pick

B) Change system to:
- Lose less than 4 games in one year, you get an end of first round priority pick
- Lose less than 4 games in two consecutive years, you get a mid first round priority pick (after all non-finalists)
- Lose less than 4 games in three consecutive years, you get a start of first round priority pick

13. Utilities
A) Continue being allowed to name whomever you like, regardless of their position
B) Limit the utilities to one midfielder, where the second spot has to be a player from another position (DPP mids are allowed), whilst also extending the bench to 4 players

B: 5

14. WXV Draw
If the rounded scores are the same e.g. 1297 --> 130, and 1302 --> 130, should the game be a draw?

A) Yes, adds more drama to the game
B) No, the team that scores the most points should win

B: 14

15. Rookie List Salaries - should they count?
A) Yes
B) No

A: 10
B: 8

Purple 77

I hope they don't mind, but for sake of interest, I tallied up how many votes each coach got 'right' i.e. their vote corresponded with the result.

Who were our most influential coaches?

With 13 out of 15, Cairo, Dublin and PNL.

Whereas our 'change' agents if you will, with 5 out of 15, was Rio!

13 teams got 10 or more 'right'