WXV Rules Discussion 2017

Started by Purple 77, August 01, 2017, 12:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: meow meow on August 09, 2017, 02:06:59 PM
I'll start. London continue to be irrelevant. Poor drafting and now you're going to trade out the only players who keep you in the contest occasionally. Lift Ringo!

Over to Holz to critique Christchurch.
Seen that one coming LOL

Purple 77

I feel like it'd be a redundant task.

The coaches that are inactive, know they're inactive. I'm not sure what it would accomplish.

However, despite my opposition, I fully agree with RD's sentiment here. It's just I don't think there's a useful or good solution

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 09, 2017, 04:09:05 PM

The coaches that are inactive, know they're inactive. I'm not sure what it would accomplish.

However, despite my opposition, I fully agree with RD's sentiment here. It's just I don't think there's a useful or good solution

Fair play Purps

Maybe just the fact that the topic has been discussed openly might give them the kick start we hope to get them more active :)

I really like the coaching group we have, and I honestly don't want anyone fired. I just want more input from them

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 09, 2017, 04:12:50 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on August 09, 2017, 04:09:05 PM

Fair play Purps

Maybe just the fact that the topic has been discussed openly might give them the kick start we hope to get them more active :)

I really like the coaching group we have, and I honestly don't want anyone fired. I just want more input from them
Let's just hope that the GUN coach has taken the hint ay RD

Levi434

You should be able to trade cap space. Cap space is probably more valuable than any player you can have.

The actual cap difference is an underrated value in trading IMO. I could trade Brad Ebert who takes up 492K for Daniel Hannerbery who takes up 710k. I haven't just traded in Hanners but I've actually traded in 218k more cash. That prevents me from taking 2 draft picks. Or adding a depth player (Jeff Garlett is 217k) (N.Graham, B.Longer or K.McIntosh are all 215k) Or it could prevent me from upgrading Jack Crisp (400k) to Dayne Beams (618k).

Basically the team trading Hanners should have the option of handing over 218k as apart of the deal.

Just to be clear: CAP SPACE IS STILL FIXED EVERY YEAR. IT DOESN'T AND SHOULD NOT CARRY OVER. So if you get 500k extra this year it does NOT mean you have 500k extra next year.

RaisyDaisy

New Rule

Trade Period

Should open first week of finals

We're all talking and dealing already, so why wait?  :P

iZander

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 09, 2017, 11:09:34 PM
New Rule

Trade Period

Should open first week of finals

We're all talking and dealing already, so why wait?  :P
Finally a rule that i can second!!! haha

But i think people wont want it claiming it would "take attention away from the finals" or something :P

Purple 77

Been a week since the last post! I'll take this to mean I should compile up a PM.

I'll be looking to send all the votes in two waves. The first will be all the ones I think are ready to send, which for example doesn't include the salary cap voting. I think Holz is having a go at making one up, and I also want to provide a revised version of Holz' age discount idea again, as I didn't do it right the last time.

The results of this vote normally attracts more discussion, hence I'm sending it a little earlier.

meow meow

Note about the suggested 1 mid only in the utilities rule.

Someone said that people will just play a non playing player and have a mid at E1.

That's why I said we'll have to take the emergencies to 4 since the mid emergency won't be eligible to cover them. That part may have been lost in conversation.

Purple 77

Alright, these are the topics that I feel either A) need expanding or B) needs further discussion/acknowledgement or C) needs to articulate the options for me

I'd like it to be done by the author if at all possible, which I've included:

1. Alternate Team Formats (for everyone to discuss)
2. Leadership Groups (Purple 77)
3. Cap (Purple 77, Holz)
4. Loyalty discounts (Ringo; everybody)
5. Tagging (Torp)
6. Different score multiplier (meow meow)
7. Participation (RaisyDaisy)
8. Trading Cap Space (Levi)

Purple 77

Quote from: meow meow on August 16, 2017, 07:09:18 PM
Note about the suggested 1 mid only in the utilities rule.

Someone said that people will just play a non playing player and have a mid at E1.

That's why I said we'll have to take the emergencies to 4 since the mid emergency won't be eligible to cover them. That part may have been lost in conversation.

Nope, I saw it ;)

Literally about to send big PM

meow meow

6. AFL teams don't usually score 145 vs 150 on a weekly basis.

1500/13 = 115 seems more accurate to me.

And the draw would be more likely! Maybe that part b.

meow meow

Levi434

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 16, 2017, 07:11:04 PM
Alright, these are the topics that I feel either A) need expanding or B) needs further discussion/acknowledgement or C) needs to articulate the options for me

I'd like it to be done by the author if at all possible, which I've included:

1. Alternate Team Formats (for everyone to discuss)
2. Leadership Groups (Purple 77)
3. Cap (Purple 77, Holz)
4. Loyalty discounts (Ringo; everybody)
5. Tagging (Torp)
6. Different score multiplier (meow meow)
7. Participation (RaisyDaisy)
8. Trading Cap Space (Levi)

7. Closed. Just discussing it and giving it a bit of air time is enough for now