Quote from: Holz on August 07, 2017, 03:13:17 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on August 07, 2017, 03:11:27 PM
but yeah, can confirm no year is weighted higher than the others

ok understand it

ill do it later.
After Euros is done I assume.

RaisyDaisy

Hey guys, I just came up with an idea!

Why don't we just continue to have 40 players + 5 rookies, and as long as we don't let bogus trades pass then we should never have a  scenario of teams tanking, gaining etc and therefor we won't even need a cap!

The $ value of a player means absolutely nothing. We all value players on their ability, potential, average and age so as long as every trade is fair from that point of view we have nothing else to worry about

I'm on board! #scrapthecap

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 07, 2017, 03:29:02 PM
Hey guys, I just came up with an idea!

Why don't we just continue to have 40 players + 5 rookies, and as long as we don't let bogus trades pass then we should never have a  scenario of teams tanking, gaining etc and therefor we won't even need a cap!

The $ value of a player means absolutely nothing. We all value players on their ability, potential, average and age so as long as every trade is fair from that point of view we have nothing else to worry about

I'm on board! #scrapthecap
Finally speaking a language that i can understand RD

Purple 77

If you guys really want to 'scrap the cap', we'll vote on it

... it'll also be the vote that decides whether I stay as admin :P

Forget your fanciful ideas  ;)

GoLions

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 07, 2017, 03:39:37 PM

#scrapthecap

Ricochet

Dublin have been the powerhouse of the comp for a number of years

Now I'm pretty sure (but i cannot confirm) that Holz may have mentioned (probably only once) that Dublin had to (reluctantly) trade Roughie and Buddy because of cap reasons (GL could probably confirm this)

If a powerhouse is making significant changes to their list to lower their total cap value then that in itself is a step towards a more even comp. Just have to tinker with the actual cap. I like where Holz is going with his version

Ringo

Question for Holz

Just spent an hour going trough the thread to see if mentioned. In your proposal what value for cap purposes will we place on 1st and 2nd year players not playing the full number of games.
eg Witherden has only played 7 games so how is his value calculated,

Also reckon the durability factor should be removed to try and keep rule simple.

Was initially convinced by scrap the cap but seeing the effect on competition this year (also may be other factors involved) but was the closest for a number of years.

Purple 77

Quote from: GoLions on August 07, 2017, 03:42:14 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on August 07, 2017, 03:39:37 PM

#scrapthecap

Ha, savage :P I love it

Purple 77

Quote from: Ringo on August 07, 2017, 03:44:18 PM
but seeing the effect on competition this year (also may be other factors involved) but was the closest for a number of years.

Along with somebody that said this too (JB?), absolute music to my ears, and exactly why we will NEVER be getting rid of the cap

GoLions

Quote from: Ricochet on August 07, 2017, 03:44:05 PM
Dublin have been the powerhouse of the comp for a number of years

Now I'm pretty sure (but i cannot confirm) that Holz may have mentioned (probably only once) that Dublin had to (reluctantly) trade Roughie and Buddy because of cap reasons (GL could probably confirm this)

If a powerhouse is making significant changes to their list to lower their total cap value then that in itself is a step towards a more even comp. Just have to tinker with the actual cap. I like where Holz is going with his version
Can confirm

Quote from: Holz on December 05, 2016, 01:35:09 PM
Geez Brad Crouch you better be a superstar.

Buddy at F4 would almost give me a flag considering I have Kieran Jack sitting on the bench. I also moved on Roughy in this deal and there is talks of him playing round 1. Could have Roughy as my F5 :O

did the trade for cap reasons, if Crouch falters and Roughy plays round 1, watch my hatred of the Cap go to a whole new level.

Quote from: Holz on April 04, 2017, 05:14:22 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on April 04, 2017, 02:13:32 PM
Imagine having Marc, Buddy and Rough in the same side :-X

cant got soo many guns it wouldn't fit under the cap. Got to make way for cap space when all my young guys improve.

plus those guys are old, we are building a dynasty here at Dublin, we don't luck are way into one grand final then start claiming to be the champs. Thats NDT stuff.

at Dublin we have "Pride in Excellence"

I know your all excited because one week you scored a little higher then me. its fitting one of the coaches supports freo, never won anything and when they beat the eagles they carry on like they have won the premiership.

Quote from: Holz on May 09, 2017, 03:05:27 PM
Far out Hill is 2 weeks into his 4-5 weeks off

Birchall comes back from injury and then goes out for another 6 weeks

Treloar is in doubt this week.

injuries are coming to bite, seems to be whenever i pick up young, durable players they become injured. Trade out a injury prone Murphy and he magically heels.

The craziest is Goldy the most durable guy in the comp basically has had 2 ankle problems. He is finally starting to play like Goldy, last week was the first time he looked 90%+

Greenwood, Menzle doing great but playing for the crows the toughest team to crack into, hopefully North destroying them will fix that.

Im still annoyed that Carlton are ruining me with Jacob Weitering who would have been Heath Shaw is not for the cap.

speaking of the Cap I should have Buddy Roughy not Brad Crouch.

If not for that I would have scored an additional 244

Rant over

on small good news, thank you Oscar for your 91 80 it is greatly needed.

RaisyDaisy

Alright, so the cap is staying which is fine

Can we just come up with a solution and send it to a vote?

Don't think we need another 10 pages worth of discussing it do we?

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 07, 2017, 04:01:41 PM
Alright, so the cap is staying which is fine

Can we just come up with a solution and send it to a vote?

Don't think we need another 10 pages worth of discussing it do we?
I was hoping for a blackjack

meow meow

MajorLazer

Ok this might be a bit radical, but how about this for anew cap idea?

Instead of worrying about how much players average and how old they are, why don't we just do it by the letters in the players last names?

So we just use scrabble scoring to figure out how much players are worth.

Easy fix. You're welcome fellas