WXV Rules Discussion 2017

Started by Purple 77, August 01, 2017, 12:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Purps might have a stat for how often it's happened, but I can't imagine it's too high. I don't think we'll be worse off without it.

Purple 77

I like the sub rule personally. It feels like you get kinda cheated if you have to cop an injured player IMO

Purple 77

Quote from: Nige on August 04, 2017, 10:03:36 PM
Purps might have a stat for how often it's happened, but I can't imagine it's too high. I don't think we'll be worse off without it.

The amount of subs? Normally like 3 or so per week if I had to guess. Not sure how many close to HT though

meow meow

Why not complicate the shower out of it?

injured in the 2nd and end up playing 35% gametime.

players play an average of 85% gametime.

take that players score from the 35% gametime and add 50% of the total emergency score to get the 85% gametime.

simple.

meow meow

wait, what if the emergency plays 80 tog? hmm 50% of that would only be another 40% gametime taking the total to just 75. better complicate it some more.

GoLions

Or maybe the emg replaces with 100% of their first half score, but then it gets good. If your player was injured in the 2nd quarter, they get 100% of their 3rd quarter score and 90% of their 4th quarter score due to rotation issues. But if your player was injured in the 1st quarter, then due to rotation issues, they get 90% of their 3rd quarter score and 80% of their 4th quarter score.

Holz

I like the sub rule if a player is out in afl you still have 18 on the field. In worlds it would be 14 instead of 15. Not 18 on field and just 3 on the bench

meow meow

Purple 77

Adamant

Well if a player goes down in the AFL that team will be down a rotation which can have a pretty big effect. With the sub rule you can actually benefit from it in WXVs.

I know I would have felt pretty cheated if I lost last week knowing Christchurch didn't select Wells but was able to get his 130 because Blakely got injured in the second quarter, but I had to cop Kreuzer's score because he got injured in the third (not that I had a ruck emergency but that's besides the point).

Ringo

Maybe a solution could be as follows means a little bit of work.

If Player x gets injured with say 35% TOG his score counts
Replaced by Player Y Then 65% of Players Y score is added to bring to 100%

meow meow

10. Priority picks

I think getting picks 1 and 2 is too much. If you look at the teams to receive the start of round 1 picks and how quickly they've bounced back you'll see that those picks do almost too much. Most of the time when a team sucks it's purely because of injury, something that is rectified by the time the next season rolls around. I think it should be a mid first round pick (after the last team to not make finals) after the second pathetic season, then if they're still horrible in year 3 they can get the start of round 1 priority pick.

Toga

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 04, 2017, 10:07:32 PM
I like the sub rule personally. It feels like you get kinda cheated if you have to cop an injured player IMO

upthemaidens

Why not just base the cost of a player by their exact price in SC?  Come up with a salary cap that allows for all AFL players to be on a club list.

meow meow

Quote from: upthemaidens on August 06, 2017, 07:33:51 AM
Why not just base the cost of a player by their exact price in SC?  Come up with a salary cap that allows for all AFL players to be on a club list.

Because 2 worthless spuds averaging 55 cost as much as Bont. Clearly Marcus has more value than them in WXV.