WXV Rules Discussion 2017

Started by Purple 77, August 01, 2017, 12:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

My God, look at all those overpriced old guys that Holz keeps banging on about!!

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 03, 2017, 06:34:51 PM
Personally... I think this looks pretty good, and I would be happy with no changes.

Can we discuss my changes?

The flaws are still very evident.

M Priddis   $676,000            
   Z Merrett   $595,000

How is it logical that a 32 year old player coming off a 109 average last year and a 93 average this year costs considerably more then a 22 year old mid coming off a 111 average last year and putting up a 112 average this year.

My most expensive player is not my 26 year old 118 average captain, but my 98 average ruckman who is currently playing in the 2s.

Perhaps the most worrying is this

C Oliver   $412,000
H Shaw   $600,000

Heath Shaw as a declining 30 years plus back man who averages only 85 costs  45.6% more then a 2nd year 112 average mid.

What that is saying is its cheaper to have 3 young 110+ guns, then 2 aging 85 average 30+ year olds and a draft pick.

meow meow

It's only worrying because you want to trade him in.

AFL players outperform their contacts all the time but it catches up eventually. Ryan Griffen is getting paid more than Josh Kelly at the moment. That's a flaw in real life but it'll correct itself soon, just as it'll do in WXV.

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on August 03, 2017, 06:45:47 PM
My God, look at all those overpriced old guys that Holz keeps banging on about!!

I know right

H Shaw   $600,000
B Goddard   $567,000   
T Goldstein   $723,000
JP Kennedy   $721,000   
S Mitchell   $594,000   
D Mundy   $593,000   
M Priddis   $676,000   
S Pendlebury   $782,000

M Kreuzer   $440,000   
Jos Kelly   $444,000            
C Oliver   $412,000
J Lloyd   $381,000   
R Burton   $235,000

Purple 77

Eh, we've gone down this path privately before, but I'll just say that, to me, it makes sense to have to 'pay' for past performances, because I view that as 'insurance' that they'll at least score enough to get on the park for you.

As for Clarry, I'm glad he costs less. Why punish Seoul for drafting (or trading if it was the case) magnificently for a younger player?

Torpedo10

In all fairness, it directly correlates with real life.

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 03, 2017, 06:57:54 PM
Eh, we've gone down this path privately before, but I'll just say that, to me, it makes sense to have to 'pay' for past performances, because I view that as 'insurance' that they'll at least score enough to get on the park for you.

As for Clarry, I'm glad he costs less. Why punish Seoul for drafting (or trading if it was the case) magnificently for a younger player?

When mexico want to rebuild why should they have all their trade assets reduced in value. Is that punishment for being at the top that now they should fall to the bottom?

I dont understand the point of the cap is it to reward teams like Seoul that could win the flag with a very good team? Im not sure what the punishment is in  making a gun in oliver cost his actual output

Holz

Quote from: Torpedo10 on August 03, 2017, 06:59:26 PM
In all fairness, it directly correlates with real life.

no it doesnt.

if your talking fantasy, next year Clayton Oliver will cost alot more then Heath Shaw.

If your talking AFL, Josh Kelly is getting offered monster $1million deals. If Priddis decides to come back to the AFL will people throw $1 million contracts at him?

meow meow

I'm sure I'll be able to shuffle some depth, take some cheap draft picks so I can afford more fossils. Mexico are fine.

Purple 77

Quote from: Holz on August 03, 2017, 07:03:36 PM

When mexico want to rebuild why should they have all their trade assets reduced in value. Is that punishment for being at the top that now they should fall to the bottom?

I dont understand the point of the cap is it to reward teams like Seoul that could win the flag with a very good team? Im not sure what the punishment is in  making a gun in oliver cost his actual output

Right, so Mexico City would now have room to go and get juicer assets, given they now have the cap space. Or, if they want to rebuild, they need only ensure they are above a very generous minimum cap and accumulate draft picks, the future Olivers.

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 03, 2017, 07:06:49 PM
Quote from: Holz on August 03, 2017, 07:03:36 PM

Right, so Mexico City would now have room to go and get juicer assets, given they now have the cap space. Or, if they want to rebuild, they need only ensure they are above a very generous minimum cap and accumulate draft picks, the future Olivers.

Thats one side of the deal. Who do they offload a 600k Shaw too?

meow meow

meow meow

Sam Mitchel
Sean Dempster

That's Shaw money right there.

Plus you know, they could keep him and get some super cheap draft picks in and sit comfortably under the cap.

Holz

just look at the team i was able to make for under $10 million. Tell me how the cap has any relevance when you can do this

M.Hibberd, E.Yeo, R.Burton, L.Mcdonald (N.Newman, M.Scharenberg, A.Francis, J Berry)
J Kelly, C Oliver, C Blakely, M Crouch (D Sheed, JOM, L Partington, , H Greenwood, J Scrimshaw, H Perryman)
M Kreuzer (J Witts, S Darcy, B Preuss)
J Cameron, J Daniher, J Martin, I Henney (C Petracca, M Kennedy, H Mcgluggage, E Hipwood, T Taranto)
B Crouch, D Sheed

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on August 03, 2017, 07:23:17 PM
Sam Mitchel
Sean Dempster

That's Shaw money right there.

Plus you know, they could keep him and get some super cheap draft picks in and sit comfortably under the cap.

So his trade options are reduced to you?

Sounds good for you bad for mexico