WXV Rules Discussion 2017

Started by Purple 77, August 01, 2017, 12:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Quote from: meow meow on August 06, 2017, 01:15:40 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on August 06, 2017, 01:00:42 PM
To clarify, IMO, salaries should be a reflection of scoring power and scoring relevancy, not trade value.

So you agree that 2 irrelevant 55 average players should cost a small fraction of a 110 average star. Good. In SC pricing they're worth the same so we cannot go off those raw prices.

Correct. I didn't say I wanted SC prices, just that I agreed with the view/attitude that the price of a player doesn't necessarily have to represent their actual value.

SC prices are garbo IMO.

upthemaidens

Quote from: meow meow on August 06, 2017, 01:17:32 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on August 06, 2017, 01:10:03 PM
To clarify, IMO, salaries should be a reflection of scoring power and scoring relevancy, not trade value.
Could pretty much just base it off the players actual averages.
   The Cap could be something like 3000 and your squad needs to add up to less.  Rookies given a minimum starting average.

Do you really think 2 Nathan Browns should cost as much as Tom Mitchell in the salary cap? Really?
It doesn't matter, the price and value don't need to match up.

Holz

Thats fine if the case.

But thats why my rule changes need to go through.

Kelly should be 111and shaw 85 as that reflects their scoring power not 95 for kelly and 97 for shaw.

I dont think anyone in this comp would bet that shaw averages more then kelly next year.

And if we are talking this year then the cheaper guy averages 26 more points

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Holz on August 06, 2017, 02:22:19 PM

Thats fine if the case.

Kelly should be 111and shaw 85 as that reflects their scoring power not 95 for kelly and 97 for shaw.

I dont think anyone in this comp would bet that shaw averages more then kelly next year.

How about reflect with a bigger sample size than 2

meow meow

11. Utilities.

If you want to make the competition even more even maybe we should limit it to being able to play only one midfielder in the utility position. Everyone has the 6 mid dream but it rarely happens anyway, usually some pretender like Plowman sneaks in there. It may help even things up a tad, not that the comp really needs anything else since it's already spot on. I'm just looking for someone to trade me a mid.

Torpedo10

Quote from: meow meow on August 06, 2017, 03:08:19 PM
11. Utilities.

If you want to make the competition even more even maybe we should limit it to being able to play only one midfielder in the utility position. Everyone has the 6 mid dream but it rarely happens anyway, usually some pretender like Plowman sneaks in there. It may help even things up a tad, not that the comp really needs anything else since it's already spot on. I'm just looking for someone to trade me a mid.
I fully support this motion.

Nige

Quote from: Torpedo10 on August 06, 2017, 03:09:05 PM
11. Utilities.

Add spice, I like it.

iZander

11. Utilities.

Ringo

Quote from: Torpedo10 on August 06, 2017, 03:09:05 PM
11. Utilities.

Further support and I need mids too so I can play one there as well.

Holz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 06, 2017, 02:47:44 PM

Thats fine if the case.

I have can you find a case where the other cap is superior?

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Holz on August 06, 2017, 03:29:06 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 06, 2017, 02:47:44 PM

Thats fine if the case.

I have can you find a case where the other cap is superior?

The 2017 season, the most even season yet.

meow meow

11. Utilities.

DPP mids should be allowed.

And we'd need to take it to 4 emergencies since the mid emg would be rendered useless on occasion.

meow meow

12. WXV scores

Am I the only one who is bothered by a team playing poorly and scoring 120 points? I want the multiplier changed. I also want the draw to be in play. If it's 1302 vs 1301 that's 130 vs 130 in WXV and should be a draw!

Torpedo10

Quote from: meow meow on August 06, 2017, 03:43:40 PM
12. WXV scores

Am I the only one who is bothered by a team playing poorly and scoring 120 points? I want the multiplier changed. I also want the draw to be in play. If it's 1302 vs 1301 that's 130 vs 130 in WXV and should be a draw!
Do you not remember the 2012 Preliminary Final between the Swedish Metal and the Spanish Stallions?

Do not ruin the competition.  :P

Purple 77

Quote from: meow meow on August 06, 2017, 03:43:40 PM
12. WXV scores

An interesting idea, purely for dramatic purposes.

But really, the team that scores the most should win.