Think I'm finally happy with this solid team ...

Started by LBJ, March 25, 2010, 02:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBJ

improvements anyone??

Def: Goddard, Hurn, Hodge, Gram, Malceski, Ladson, Waters (McGuire, Silvagni)

Mid: Ablett, Selwood, Boyd, Ball, Martin, Barlow (Bastinac, JKT)

Ruc: Clark, Tippett, (Warnock, McCauley)

Fwd: Reiwoldt, Higgins, Franklin, Gray, Hall, Dangerfield, Warren (Hitchcock, Rockliffe)

LBJ

I have a feeling that Hitchcock/Rockliffe will gain value quicker than Lobbe. So I plan to trade Hitchcock down to Lobbe later in the year and make some cash. So while it looks like I'm not using MPP at the moment, it's still a possibility down the track ... anyone see any flaws with this thinking?

McLeod_23

I wouldnt go with clark Sandilands much better. Other than that very good team

LBJ

Can't quite squeeze Sandilands into the budget although I would love to have him. If Clark is my biggest concern then I'm pretty happy with that. Have a feeling his athleticism and massive fuel tank will make him the next Cox

Pravis

Go with 3 rookies in the mid then and you should free up a fair bit of cash. I would also move Tippet to the forward line and swap out Lobbe for McCauley. so you can use Tippet as a back up.

LBJ

Quote from: Pravis on March 25, 2010, 03:41:58 AM
Go with 3 rookies in the mid then and you should free up a fair bit of cash. I would also move Tippet to the forward line and swap out Lobbe for McCauley. so you can use Tippet as a back up.

I've been tempted to put in the three mid rookies but it seems to be what everyone is doing. I guess if it's the wrong move then I'd be in the same boat as the bulk of SCers. I know this batch of mid rookies is really talented, but they are still only young blokes and just haven't got the runs on the board like the proven midfielders do. Thought it might be safer to start with a strong midfield and get out to an early lead.

Pravis

Your not doing it to keep all of them. Think about it...You have Martin who is in arguably the worst team in the league. So he will probs be posting big scores. Trengove or scully will play all year unless injured. And Barlow is a mature aged rookie so his body is upto AFL standards.

Like i said you dont have to keep them, just wait till there price risen and trade upto a prem. DO NOT get greedy and go more then 3 starting rookies.

LBJ

I like your argument Pravis. My only hesitation is that trades are so valuable. If I can avoid using too many trades just growing my bank balance, then I can spare them for when I really need them, and be racking up lots of points in the meantime. Both strategies have their risks I guess.

Probably been rehashed to death, but does anyone have any different angles on this?

Pravis

It still will work out the same. If you go with a extra premo in the mid, you will have to go with a rookie or a mid priced player somewhere else which u will only have to trade up anyways.

LBJ

Ahhh, Pravis. Got me questioning my whole strategy on the eve of lockout. Pre-lockout jitters anyone?

Pravis

Bennyy

Yeah well im the same. I had Rockliff on the ground foward line, with only one rookie starting mid. By changing to 2 rookie starting mids (martin and barlow) I was able to put Rockliff on the bench, making my forward line look a lot stronger. One of those last minute things I guess. I just want it to be lockout so I can stop worrying!