The risky pick you just cannot change..

Started by Godees, March 24, 2010, 01:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Godees

For me it is Jack Grimes, very pricey and by looking at teams posted not many have him..but i just love him as a footballer and can not have my side without him..

Other names include Chapman - i know he gets injured but he is a gun i love to watch play..

Interested to hear players that people know are risky but can not leave them out of a supercoach side..

djtranny

Daniel Wells, I just can't help but think he will get over his itchyitis pubes or groin prob or hip or whatever and run amok from the get go... Incredibly unlikely, but u never know!

Mumford

yea wells has been in and out of my side for weeks now, i really want to pick him, he only played peices of 2 games this preseason but was spectacular, still it is way to risky,

but if u pick him and he finally lives up to potential and has a 100av season ul be laughing all the way to the bank!

Resch

Cotchin, very injury prone and still being nursed through pre-season but will be an absolute gun and looking good for a nice improvement this year if he remains uninjured.

Patrician

Goodwin and Hall.

Goodwin, just cause he's getting on and perhaps his body won't hold together.

Barry, cause you know at some point the temptation to snot someone will be too huge to ignore.

Cruiseon

Good thread Godees.

Where do i start, just one?

Hall is a good call, but up back Waters & Macguire both are calculated risks.

But for me I'm really liking Brent Harvey, why is he risky? Probably age but he is shaping up as my Goodwin of this year who've I've finally dropped after years of good service.

Buddy is the other risk but I've dropped him again, still could make it.

vc_bombers

Roger Hayden, for some reason I can't drop him, dunno why

Prospector_1

Quote from: Cruiseon on March 25, 2010, 03:48:46 AM
But for me I'm really liking Brent Harvey, why is he risky? Probably age ...

I keep trying to put him back in - it's a tough call.

jimmyha

Josh Drummond, bit reluctant to put him in but now he's in he's a lock..

BGK

For some reason i just cant go past Betts. I really think he will ge well this year without Fev. Hopefully it doesnt come back to bight me in the ass.

Alex7089

Well for me it's Chappy and Drummond, I've spent a lot of money on 2 players I know will miss games, but they score so well I just can't help it.

Prospector_1

Quote from: bestguykai on March 25, 2010, 10:25:09 AM
For some reason i just cant go past Betts. I really think he will ge well this year without Fev. Hopefully it doesnt come back to bight me in the ass.

I have gone for Betts a few times, and he's let me down. Darnit, i'm just so tempted again!

TitanicHornet

Barry Hall for 1, too cheap not to have in my forward line after NAB form. As was said, its just a matter of time before he gets suspended.

Masten, as an Eagles fan I have high hopes for Masten. I had him last yr and he was mediocre but im still drinking the coolaid.

FactHunt

Masten is a funny 1... i like him too, but not likely many disposals (esp. effective) by foot, therefore concerns for SC. but still, no downside.
Hall, on the otherhand, has potential downside (in the form of susp.) but love, and am very interested, in his upside.
Boomer and Goodwin (IMO) are safe as houses performance wise... just hope for no injury (but then can happen to anyone).