Jesus loves this team, do you?

Started by CrowsFan, March 24, 2010, 09:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

OK so i was really happy with my old team, but for some reason just decided to full on start again instead of just swapping round a few players. tell me what you think please. maybe a bit light in defence?

Backs: Goodwin, Hodge, Kelly, Waite, Hunt, Greenwood, Maguire (Nason, Silvagni)

Mids: Ablett, Mitchell, Vince, Stanton, Martin, Barlow (Shuey, Moles)

Rucks: Clark, Tippett (Warnock, some random under 100k)

Forwards: Riewoldt, Pav, Brown, Harvey, Hall, Danger, Ballantyne (Rockliff, TDL)

alman

Not too bad Crowsfan.

Backs - little bit light, especially as Greenwood out for 2-3 wks and Maguire playing so will be limited coverage for him. For league win won't matter as should be back before R4. Don't like Waite as big risk with lack of match time after being of the game for ~10 months - Kennelly and Hooker for a bit less and good nab scores.

Mids - Good choices! Watch for Moles getting lack of game time - consider Bastinac or Banner.

Rucks - Great combo! Consider Grimely for random under 100k.

Forwards - Strong choices which should score well! TDL iffy...

9/10 - mainly due to Waite  :) Goodluck with 2 days to go!

CrowsFan

thanks mate, some good advice there. would you say swap waite for kennelly and then swap greenwood for malceski or ladson?
yeah already have grimely in there as the 4th ruck, doesn't particularly matter if he doesn't play much
only reason i have moles is i have basically spent all my money and can't afford anyone else otherwise i would have bastinac or banner

alman

If you trade Grimely (who isn't a certain starter by any means) for a 83k nuffy then you may be able to up Moles to Banner/Bastinac.

Waite to Kennelly is a very good option - looked good in nab to re-take his old role.

Ladson or Malceski is your choice, I have neither as have my doubts about both. Malceski if i had to choose as better nab - not sure what position he'll be playing though. Nason may be good coverage for Greenwood if named for R1.

Goodluck  :)

CrowsFan

cheers again man. this is what my team used to be:

backs: goddard, goodwin, enright, hodge, malceski, hunt, waters (nason, silvagni)

centres: ablett, dal santo, pendlebury, redden, martin, barlow (shuey, banner)

rucks tippett, naitanui (warnock, lobbe)

forwards: riewoldt, pavlich, brown, gray, dangerfield, ziebell, ballantyne (rockliff, TDL)

from what i just counted there is 12 different players in the starting 22. if its not too much trouble which team do you think is better?

tnator

Overall i like your current team better Crowsfan.  I've got a bit of both in mine.  (I have Malceski in the back and Stanton in the Mid)  A big plus having Tipp in the ruck; hoping for a big year from him.

I've stuck with Greenwood in the backline because of cover on the bench.  Hoping that pays off.

All the best for the year ahead.

alman

Like the second team (current team) better. Stronger in all areas except backs, but first team had too much money in backs anyway.

Just gotta decide what to do with Greenwood, worth keeping or not..? But Waite to Kennelly will give you some $$$ to play with anyway! Or could downgrade to Waters?

CrowsFan

yeah waters is an interesting one, had a poor first game in the nab but then 2 solid games. if he can keep that up he would be a good pickup, just worried about durability. but then again thats the same with greenwood at the moment. well goodluck for the season mate