is ablett worth it?

Started by fever, March 24, 2010, 06:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fever

we all know how good he is, but is he too overpriced to take at the start of the season?

would i be better off assuming he will come down in price, but potentially losing a fair amount of points waiting for him to do so?

SCADDICT

I guess you could leave him out if you enjoy gettin belted in the first few rounds!

Justin Bieber

Quote from: SCADDICT on March 24, 2010, 06:52:12 AM
I guess you could leave him out if you enjoy gettin belted in the first few rounds!

depends on how the rest of their team is structured ;D

wish for hope

If you dont have ablett in your team you can have 1 extra keeper in your midfeild. He is not going to rise in price and if he does it wont be very much.
Is it really worth spending 150k just for another 50 points?

Justin Bieber

well he does give you a captain choice (equal double the points). nobody expects him to rise in price. i would expect him to maybe drop or average the same as last year.

if he steps up again, he would be a legend of the fantasy world (even though he already is) ;D

CrowsFan

wish for hopes you ask is it worth spending 150k just for another 50 points, in my opinion yes, here is an example which i think explains why.
for 150k less you get pendlebury (well 149k less but he is the closest). going by last years averages ablett averaged 28 points more a game than pendleburry. and as you would obviously have him as captain that is and extra 56 points per game. over the entire season if they both play 22 games you would end up getting 1,232 more points with ablett as captain opposed to pendlebury.
so from this i would say it is worth spending that 149k to get an extra 1,232 points for the season, wouldn't you?

nas

Well quoted & in the start a lot of people start the team with him in & they construct their team from there.

Better than later on saying I need him & even if he does go down still would require either a premium out & cash or 2 trades prem & mid  to get him when you could have from the beginning.

Trades are golden.

RobsOverAchievers

Well said Crowsfan 110% agree. And if you want to win the main prize you will need him at some point in your final squad and it will take two trades to get him, although i am tipping his price will drop i still think, infact i know he will be the most exp midfielder.

Master Q

Simply, No.

CrownFan, have you ever thought that downgrading to pendlebury means upgrading to someone else? Who would probably make up the points and maybe even make you some dough?

TitanicHornet

Pretty much the most consistant player in SC so yes, he is worth the money. Its always nice to see your captain score close to 300 when your opponent who doesnt have Ablett scores 200-220 with his. That 80pts is an extra player right there.

Justin Bieber

but if you choose the right captain against the right team, you could almost get the same as if you have ablett as captain.

but ablett is just more convenient isn't he? no research to be done :P

big_lynch82

Say if i was only going for the league win.
would having ablett still be a must?

CrowsFan

master q yes i have thought of that, so by downgrading ablett (ave 140) to pendleburry (ave 112) you lose that 28 points. but obviously with that money you upgrade somewhere else and you gain that 28 points back. even right? wrong? because without ablett you are really losing 56 points getting rid of him as you now don't have a captain choice. so you still lose by downgrading him and upgrading somewhere else.
this is just my opinion, obviously you have a different one, and i respect that

wish for hope

yeah, you have a good point.

My Midfeild:
Sellwood
Mitchell
Stanton
Ball
Trengrove
Martin

if i was to have ablett my midfeild would be:
Ablett
Stanton
Ball
Kerr
Trengrove
Martin

can you see the difference?
maybe?

CrowsFan

so do you see what i mean know wish for hope? going from averages last year with ablett captain and kerr you average 357 a week. with selwood captain and mitchell you average 328 a week. 29 points more with ablett. although maybe instead of kerr you could go david mackay, only time kerr has played a full season was 2002, all other years he has missed matches either through injury or suspension, whereas mackay going into his third season should increase his output this year for the crows getting him more poinits