WXV Summer League MMXVI

Started by Levi434, October 02, 2016, 07:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi434

News:
We begin today with some bad news. The Summer League has been really going well so far and today to conclude round 1 we are suppose to have Buenos Aires VS The WXV Legends. As of a few moments ago, one of the WXV Legends team has been involved in a serious car accident. We have no news on what provoked the attack but officers say it was intentional. The officers have been studying the security footage and here is what we’ve been shown so far:

As you can see Jed Adcock of the WXV Legends was just arriving to the arena before WHAMM, he got run right over by a black car of some sort and was left laying. We hope Jed recovers and he’s back in time to take part in the Summer League. Doctors have told me he is able to move but it is expected that he has numerous broken bones.

Torpedo10

So no Buenos Aires v Legends today?  :(

Levi434

Buenos Aires VS WXV Legends

Preview:
Truly tragic circumstances we have considered canceling the game but WXV Legends Coach Paul Chapman has requested this game be played to raise money for Jed’s surgery he will most likely need. Paul also stated that since they were now short a player, he would now take the field in place of his buddy.

Paul Chapman now takes his place on the interchange and since Jed Adcock is out, Xavier Ellis who was previously on the IC moves down back. The Legends are still employing the flood strategy, using the “Limit” for Pavlich and have Kane Mitchell tagging Captain Pendlebury.

On the other side, Buenos are also flooding. This means both teams backs receive a +15% and both teams forwards lose 20% due to the 5 on 3 matches around the ground. Buenos have decided to tag Captain Swanny with Trent Dumont. They’ve also decided to use the Takover strategy on Easton Wood.

There are no hot-streaks or cold-streaks to speak of in this match. However if Ed Curnow gets above 90 then he gains a hot streak.

The Game:

Recap:
Paul Chapman what the heck was he doing? 18 kicks 9 of those on goal, only managed 2 goals 7 behinds. Wow Chaps way to lose the game for your team ay?

Finally we get a close game! Only 4 SC points in it! A very very good game from Tom Nicholls bringing it home.

Easton Wood did NOT get over the 85% DE for his Takeover to activate! Leaving him without a bonus there but he does get the 20% structure bonus along with all the other backs. Spreadsheet shows all the bonuses/penalties so I don't need to go through them all.

Pendles was Captain for 104 but tagged so he lose 20% as he lost the tackle count 7-3. So he goes down to 84. So 104+84 = 188. Mitchell goes from 64 to 55.

Swan as C got 129. But he was able to break the Dumont tag as he got 5 more tackles! Meaning he gets the full captain score of 258. Dumont still loses 15% though.

Pavlich gets +6 for the Limit bonus which takes him to 76. But then he loses 20% from the structure. Leaving him only on 61.

Curnow got so close but couldn’t get over 90 for him to gain the hot streak.

Final Score:
Buenos Aires 1354
WXV Legends 1350

Up Next:
That's it for this round. More importantly than that! We have the exclusive footage of whodunit to Jed Adcock. Here it is:
http://oi65.tinypic.com/160a8lk.jpg

WHAT THE HECK! What a traitor!! I can not believe this utter filth!!! SOMETHING HAS TO HAPPEN ABOUT THIS!!!!

RaisyDaisy

Chappy taking out Jed lol haha

Levi434

Round 2 Fixtures:
Moscow VS New York
WVX Legends VS Christchurch
Berlin VS Toronto
Rio VS Buenos Aires
Dublin VS New Dehli

These players are in hot form and will receive a +10% confidence bonus:
Travis Boak
Dyson Heppell
Joel Selwood
Andrew Walker

For these players to continue their hot-streak they need to score a 95.

These players are in cold form and will receive a -10% form penalty:
Daniel Menzel
Jeremy Cameron

For these players to break their cold streak they need to score 80.

We'll do this week as a normal AFL week would be. So a game on Friday, 2 games Saturday and 2 Sunday.

Holz

Team Name: Dublin
Tagging:
Mid-Match: Jroo - Limit

D: Alex Rance, Chris Yarran, Grant Birchall, J.Weitering
M: J.Selwood (C), A.Treloar, B.Crouch, R.Sloane
R: T.Goldstein (VC)
F: J.Gunston, J.Roo, J.Westhoff, D.Martin
I: N.Jones, K.Jack

Ricochet

Holz if you can name DMart fwd then we're naming Gray fwd too

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on November 15, 2016, 01:34:56 PM
Holz if you can name DMart fwd then we're naming Gray fwd too

Gray has been listed as a mid all year.

Dmart has been listed as a fwd all year.

that doesnt change untill positions come out.

I think Jack is a chance to get F/M but ill list him in the mids as thats where he is currently named.

Levi434

I'll have Hall and Robbo up forward please. :)

Holz

Quote from: Holz on November 15, 2016, 12:55:41 PM
Team Name: Dublin
Tagging:
Mid-Match: Jroo - Limit

D: Alex Rance, Chris Yarran, Grant Birchall, T.Mcdonald
M: S.Hill, A.Treloar (C), B.Crouch, R.Sloane
R: T.Goldstein (VC)
F: J.Gunston, J.Roo, J.Westhoff, D.Martin
I: N.Jones, K.Jack

Levi434

Rio de Janeiro Jaguars:

Structure: Standard
Tagging: No Pendles No tag :P
Mid-Match: Takeover on Kade Kolodjashnij

D: M. Boyd, B. Vince, K. Kolodjashnij, R. Tarrant
M: G. Ablett (C), D. Zaharakis, S. Thompson, M. Robinson
R: S. Jacobs (VC)
F: J. Watts, M. Wright, M. Wood, E. Yeo
I: D. Pearce, B. Jacobs

Levi434

Team Name: WXV Legends
Structure: Standard
Tagging: Kane Mitchell tagging Sam Mitchell
Mid-Match: Match-fix tactic on Paul Chapman

D: Danny Stanley, Nick Dal Santo, Troy Chaplin, Corey Enright
M: Dane Swan(C), Matthew Stokes, Kane Mitchell, Brent Harvey
R: Dean Cox(VC)
F: Adam Cooney, Matthew Pavlich, Drew Petrie,
I: James Gwilt, Xavier Ellis

Torpedo10

Purple 77

Ah, great, just in time for Pendles.

Berlin "2017 premiership or bust" Brewers

Structure: Flood
Tagging: Jack Viney tagging Scott Pendlebury
Mid-Match: "Limit" tactic for Lance Franklin

D: Michael Hibberd, Jamie MacMillan, Shaun Burgoyne, Andrew Mackie, Michael Johnson
M: Nat Fyfe (C), Jack Steven, Tom Liberatore, Jack Viney
R: Max Gawn (VC)
F: Lance Franklin, Michael Walters, Mark LeCras
I: Jobe Watson, Stephen Hill

Still praying for a Buddy bag. Viney tackles in the double-figures every now and then, so hopefully he can negate Pendles.

meow meow

D: Lever, Andrews, Wilson, McKenzie
M: Steele, Blakely, Fiorini (C), Neal-Bullen
R: Roughead
F: Hoskin-Elliott, Langford, McLean, Anderson
I: Stewart, Vardy

No tactics