WXV Summer League MMXVI

Started by Levi434, October 02, 2016, 07:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi434

WXV Summer League

Hello all coaches of WXV,

I've decided to run a trial period during the offseason where we can try out new rules and new players! A few of the rules we will be using/trying:

Rules:
Nominations:
- Name only 15 as there is no need for emergencies. 1 Captain and VC.

Structure:
- You can FLOOD or ATTACK as often as you want.
If you have 5 forwards against the opposition 4 defenders, each forward gets +10% and the opposition defender loses 15%
If you have 5 forwards against the opposition 3 defenders, each forward gets +15% and the opposition defender loses 20%
If you have 4 forwards against the opposition 3 defenders, each forward gets +5% and the opposition defender loses 10%
Vice-versa.
If you have the same amount of forwards/defenders, no penalty.

Tagging:
- Nominate a player to tag a player of the same position. The tagger loses 15% just for playing a tagging role. The player being tagged loses 5% for the difference in TACKLES the tagger makes VS the tagged player. BUT if the player being tagged has the same or more tackles than the tagger, he breaks the tag and receives no penalty, while the tagger still loses 15%.
- Tagger loses 50% of their score. The player getting tagged loses 40%. Again players must be in the same position. BANNED!
As the coach if you choose to employ a tag, you then choose which of these two options you'd like to use.

Ruck OOP:
- If you name a player OOP in the ruck you still lose 50% of the score (as has always been the case). BUT, if that player is less than 190cm, not only do you lose 50% of your score, the opposition ruck gains 25%.

Form and Confidence:
- If you have a player that has increased his score for 3 weeks in a row, his next score gets a +10% confidence bonus (must have played all matches consecutively)
- If you have a player that has decreased his score for 3 weeks in a row, his next score gets a -10% confidence penalty (must have played all matches consecutively).

Mid-Match Tactics:
- This is something I've just thought of and decided to test it out. Prior to the game the coach can select one player they have named and one of the following:
- "Limit" A selected forward moves down back at the end of quarters to consolidate the teams position. That player receives a +3 bonus for each goal they kick.
- "3rd" A selected midfielder helps his ruckman out. The midfielder receives a +1 for each hitout that the ruckman loses to the other by.
- "Bigman" If you name a ruck in you interchange, you can move him forward and he receives +6 for every goal they kick.
- "Takeover" A selected defender plays their heart out. That player receives +1 for each percent over 85% disposal efficiency they have.
These can not be used on your captain.

Others:
- There will be no HGA.
- I may choose to add a weather element in later but at this stage I'm not 100% about it.

Basically you simply name a 15 man team then Levi will apply an Advanced Randomised Score to each player. These scores will be derived from all of that players 2016 scores as well as some scores where they are passed through a secret formula involving standard deviation. Levi then has some other secrets in store for these simulated matchups tehehe.

Hopefully we can have 5-6 games so there is room to use the "Form Confidence Rule." Before we start in a few weeks, I'll also let people suggest other rules we can try out.

Let us know if you're interested.
Basically as a try out for some of the rules that weren't voted in, but will also give a chance to test out your new team and see if any adjustments need to be made. :)

Submit the team and then if you are going to make any changes just re-post and don't edit your original.

Purple 77

*puts hand up*

Love the concept of mid-match tactics btw

Torpedo10

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 02, 2016, 07:39:17 PM
*puts hand up*

Love the concept of mid-match tactics btw
Agreed p. Love the idea but is there any limit to it? Right now, there's nothing to lose should you use it every week. Unlike Tagging, where there is a risk,

Jukes

Quote from: Levi434 on October 02, 2016, 07:22:29 PM
Basically you simply name a 15 man team then Levi will apply an Advanced Randomised Score to each player. These scores will be derived from all of that players 2016 scores as well as some scores where they are passed through a secret formula involving standard deviation. Levi then has some other secrets in store for these simulated matchups tehehe.

So we wouldn't be able to name Heppell and Jaeger? :'(

ossie85

Great idea!

Have all SC scores from 2012 on hand if you wanted them

meow meow

If we're using random old scores can we draft some retired players too? Juddy would fit into the midfield very nicely.

meow meow

Can I draft Nathan Buckley and Brad Johnson? No WXV history but have SC history. Could have an entirely new redraft with all players from 2006 onwards. Would be cool but heaps of work.

Jukes

Quote from: Levi434 on October 03, 2016, 12:26:17 AM
Quote from: Jukes on October 02, 2016, 09:59:51 PM
Quote from: Levi434 on October 02, 2016, 07:22:29 PM

So we wouldn't be able to name Heppell and Jaeger? :'(

For those sort of players I'll use past scores etc. Players that were injured, suspended.

That's the beauty of summer league! Fyfe is never injured and Nic Nat is still fit! God is at 100% There shouldn't be problems with naming a team!

Great, I'll take 2012 Nic Nat thanks ;)

Quote from: meow meow on October 03, 2016, 03:57:57 PM
Can I draft Nathan Buckley and Brad Johnson? No WXV history but have SC history. Could have an entirely new redraft with all players from 2006 onwards. Would be cool but heaps of work.

I swear Oss proposed something like this a couple years back, I'd go look for it but ain't nobody got time fo dat

Levi434

Quote from: meow meow on October 03, 2016, 03:31:19 PM
If we're using random old scores can we draft some retired players too? Juddy would fit into the midfield very nicely.

I guess we could add retired players. But I guess the main point is to try out the new rules with your team and see how it affects the comp. I don't think there will be a benefit if everyone just has amazing teams. Aren't these new rules introduced to try and create an element of strategy rather than just who has the better team?

Quote from: meow meow on October 03, 2016, 03:57:57 PM

This sounds awesome! Again I guess there isn't a problem with this but as you said it would be a lot of work.

Maybe each team can have one player of their choice from the past then perhaps I'll introduce a feature where you can "rest" a few of your starters by trading them in to me and I'll give you a player of similar caliber in return. Thoughts on that?

So basically you can say: "I'll take Gary Ablett Sr. as my free player and I'd like to rest Patrick Cripps cause he is such a beauty and a beast."
Then I'll list a few possible players that you can choose from; "Chris Judd, Daniel Kerr, Scott West, Simon Black."

What do you think?

P.S. Jukes you can have 2017 Nic Nat :P Will score very well I guarantee. Nah just like all players, they will be passed through my advanced spreadsheet to determine their score.

Adamant

Great concept Levi! count me in.

Levi434

5 coaches in so far. Has anyone got a preference as to when we should start this?

Levi
Purple
Torp/Jukes
Meow
Adamant

iZander

Sorry if I've missed it but when does this start? Vin and I would be in if it starts after exams in like 5 weeks

Ps. Hope ur alright with that vin lel

Purple 77

No preference when it starts :)

Levi434

Quote from: iZander on October 05, 2016, 04:50:21 PM
Sorry if I've missed it but when does this start? Vin and I would be in if it starts after exams in like 5 weeks

Haven't set a date yet but that sounds fair. I think a few would also be in a similar boat. So in a few weeks when exams/uni are done we can start it up!

iZander

Quote from: Levi434 on October 05, 2016, 04:53:58 PM
Quote from: iZander on October 05, 2016, 04:50:21 PM

Haven't set a date yet but that sounds fair. I think a few would also be in a similar boat. So in a few weeks when exams/uni are done we can start it up!

Sweet! count us in then!