haha boom

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on November 09, 2016, 01:00:01 PM
Quote from: Holz on November 09, 2016, 12:44:09 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on November 09, 2016, 12:34:20 PM
Quote from: Holz on November 09, 2016, 12:28:07 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on November 09, 2016, 12:24:56 PM
Quote from: BB67th on November 08, 2016, 07:10:32 PM
Great write up there Levi, loving the stuff so far!!

Fantastic start for NDT, looking like we'll match my prediction of taking the comp out at this rate ;)
Good work BB 8)

Based on getting pumped by Dublin by over 100 points?  :P
We played Rio...

and

Pffft Dublin don't scare us ;)

4:1
Grand Final appearances in last 365 days
0 : 1

Any Award of merit: Premierships,Minor Premierships, Idol Wins in the last 5 years

3:0 

Ricochet

Quote from: Holz on November 09, 2016, 01:16:56 PM

Fantastic start for NDT, looking like we'll match my prediction of taking the comp out at this rate ;)
Good work BB 8)

We played Rio...

and

Any Award of merit: Premierships,Minor Premierships, Idol Wins in the last 5 years

That's hardly anything to brag about. NDT were the worst list in history until this year

Torpedo10

We almost beat Dublin.  :o

Almost captain Dochers too, looking good! Just need NN back.  :'(

BB67th

Quote from: Holz on November 09, 2016, 01:16:56 PM

Good work BB 8)

We played Rio...

and

New assistant coach ready to take the competition by storm

0:1

:P

Levi434

Christchurch VS New York

Preview:
Christchurch led by innovative Coach Meow are here today to challenge New York and their always excited Coach Raisy. Both teams probably thought they could have gone further last season and this is their chance to get off on the right foot. Both teams we’ve seen go astronomically huge before and a couple of interesting captain options in this one could serve well.

The captains are Brayden Florini and Mitch Duncan. Will be a very interesting one to watch. A couple of young gun players going head to head.

I can not wait to see what happens in this match-up particularly because Coach Meow has employed the flood option and New York have chosen not to respond! This means each of Christchurch’s defenders will gain +10% whilst New York forwards will lose 15%. New York’s defenders will gain only 5% whilst Christchurch’s forwards will lose 10%.

These bonuses will be on top of the hot streaks of Daniel Wells and Mitch Duncan. Meow has opted to drop the out of from Toby McLean whilst RaisyDaisy has left Dan Menzel in the team hoping he can find form.

Now the tagging battle has been discussed at length between these two teams with New York having the strategy seemingly down as they have sent Liam Picken over to Shaun Higgins cause Higgo can't tackle apprently.  Whilst Christchurch wanted to tag Mundy, then Lewis and now have left the tag altogether!

Both coaches have gone with the standard limit tactic for Waite and JJK respectively. Boring. I think this could have been a good chance for NY to try the "3rd" Tactic against Aaron Sandilands. I don't think Tippett will match the hitouts of Sandi.

The Game:

Recap:
I think the spreadsheet is pretty self-explanatory in regards to the bonuses the defenders/forward received due to the structure. I’ll take you through a few of them though.

Jarrad Waite as he kicked 3 goals within the limit tactic he gets a +9 taking him to 95 but since the structure didn’t favour him he loses 10% taking him down to 85. Altogether only a -1 from his original score.

Shaun Higgins. Higgins lost the tackle count to Picken by 5 meaning Higgo loses 25%. Add that to the structure penalty and he loses 35% all-up. Meaning his 79 goes down to 52. Well played NY.

Mitch Duncan was captain meaning he gets a guaranteed 85. But since he was also hot he moves to 94. So 179 total.

ahah Scully had 32 touches for 78.

JJK gets a +12 for the limit but he then loses 15% for the structure. So 86 -15% = 74.

Liam Picken as tagger lose 15% then another 15% for the negative structure. So his 71 loses 30% which takes him to 50.

Dan Menzel loses 10% from the cold streak and 15% from the structure. Meaning 66 - 25% = 50. Also this means he continues his cold streak next game.

Daniel Wells scored 89 and Mitch Duncan scored 85 meaning both of them lose their hot streak as they didn’t reach the 95 cutoff. They both still receive a 10% bonus this week though.

In regards to the "3rd" tactic I discussed earlier, a NY mid could have had a +40. As Sandi beat Tippet by 40 hitouts. This tactic is probably a bit overpowered so we'll have to see how it goes in the next few games.

Bonuses were pretty cool, I don't think they affected the game too much. I think the best options are to tag with a player receiving a bonus or not receiving any penalty. We saw Picken get hit 30% as he was a tagger in the wrong structure. Those sort of things will get ironed out when coaches start becoming more familiar with the rules.

Final Score:
Christchurch 1444
New York 1393

Up Next:
Buenos Aires VS The WXV Legends Team! Can not wait for that one. WXV Legends coach Paul Chapman said he has a few surprises in store.

meow meow

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on November 10, 2016, 02:32:48 PM
Boyeast!

its nice when Spuds like Fiorini have only played 2 games so their true ability is warped.

meow meow

Quote from: Holz on November 10, 2016, 02:38:15 PM
Boyeast!

its nice when Spuds like Fiorini have only played 2 games so their true ability is warped.

Nice for everyone else maybe since his first game brings him down. His 125 SC/166 DT second match is closer to the mark. How many current players have put up a DT score like that in their entire career?!

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Levi434 on November 10, 2016, 01:22:58 PM
Bonuses were pretty cool, I don't think they affected the game too much. I think the best options are to tag with a player receiving a bonus or not receiving any penalty. We saw Picken get hit 30% as he was a tagger in the wrong structure. Those sort of things will get ironed out when coaches start becoming more familiar with the rules.

This pretty much got me. Not flooding/attacking cost us with all our forwards getting reamed in scoring. Tippett and Scully stiff too

Still think we can beat Church in the real stuff :P

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on November 10, 2016, 02:43:31 PM
Quote from: Holz on November 10, 2016, 02:38:15 PM
Boyeast!

Nice for everyone else maybe since his first game brings him down. His 125 SC/166 DT second match is closer to the mark. How many current players have put up a DT score like that in their entire career?!
If he makes their best 22 and isn't playing in the NEAFL we can find out.

meow meow

B: Harbrow, Thompson, Saad
HB: KK, May, Martin
C: Miller, Swallow, Hanley
HF: Sexton, 2MP, Hall
F: Day, Lynch, Matera
R: Nichols, Ablett, Barlow
I: Lyons, Rischitelli, Davis, Shaw

Rosa, Ah Chee, Lemon, Cannon, Lonergan, Witts, Grant, Hallahan, Schoenfeld

2 of the 3 gun recruits should replace Shaw and Davis. Rischitelli will miss the first half of the season and at 31 might not get back in. Hanley could easily play back at the expense of Saad and open up a spot on the wing. Plus there will be injuries. I'm confident of him being in, and after a solid run they'll never leave him out ever again. He's the future, Rosa isn't.

GC could be a contender in 3-4 years if they nail this draft.

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on November 10, 2016, 04:44:51 PM
B: Harbrow, Thompson, Saad
HB: KK, May, Martin
C: Miller, Swallow, Hanley
HF: Sexton, 2MP, Hall
F: Day, Lynch, Matera
R: Nichols, Ablett, Barlow
I: Lyons, Rischitelli, Davis, Shaw

Rosa, Ah Chee, Lemon, Cannon, Lonergan, Witts, Grant, Hallahan, Schoenfeld

2 of the 3 gun recruits should replace Shaw and Davis. Rischitelli will miss the first half of the season and at 31 might not get back in. Hanley could easily play back at the expense of Saad and open up a spot on the wing. Plus there will be injuries. I'm confident of him being in, and after a solid run they'll never leave him out ever again. He's the future, Rosa isn't.

GC could be a contender in 3-4 years if they nail this draft.

you have to stick Bowes and all the other draftees in the mix too,

Bowes i have in the 22.

meow meow

Bowes and whoever replacing Shaw and Davis. Fior ahead of those two after a preseason I'd imagine, so he replaces Telli in the 22. And C'mon it's GC so most of them will be injured anyway so there will be spots galore available.