WXV Official Trade Confabulation

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2016, 09:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 15, 2016, 12:19:01 AM
???

All I'm saying is that let them trade during the trade period and if they remain under the cap that's fine, but as long as they get to above the cap by the end of the trade period then it's all good
Which part are you questioning??

Without the minimum cap, London could decide trade Shuey for some picks. Even if the deal is overs for Shuey it would make them less competitive for a few years. That's why the minimum cap is important

OK, and what if they don't get above the min? What's the punishment?

It's not anything new. Was like it last year as well

All they have to do is trade in some depth with some middle/late picks. Its not even a bad thing, it actually helps them. It's not hard

RaisyDaisy

Yeah I get that it's not hard, and they should just use some junk picks to get some depth with $ attached, but I think the comp is very healthy in the sense that we don't have teams tanking like that, so they should just be able to trade

Like I said, they can't ever be below, but we can go above without question? I dunno, feel like they are crippled a little, and now the Toronto/Rio deal needs to be revised because of this, and really it shouldn't because it's clearly fair as it is

meow meow

Having $ attached is just one more reason why Garlett is a gun.

meow meow

They can be below and trade. They just can't send themselves even further below.

Purple 77

Quote from: meow meow on September 15, 2016, 02:23:36 AM
They can be below and trade. They just can't send themselves even further below.

Ringo

Quote from: Ricochet on September 15, 2016, 12:27:52 AM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 15, 2016, 12:19:01 AM
???

All I'm saying is that let them trade during the trade period and if they remain under the cap that's fine, but as long as they get to above the cap by the end of the trade period then it's all good
Which part are you questioning??

Without the minimum cap, London could decide trade Shuey for some picks. Even if the deal is overs for Shuey it would make them less competitive for a few years. That's why the minimum cap is important

OK, and what if they don't get above the min? What's the punishment?

It's not anything new. Was like it last year as well

All they have to do is trade in some depth with some middle/late picks. Its not even a bad thing, it actually helps them. It's not hard
Just saying that Cap $ is different to Cap Points. My initial proposed Cunnington trade was OK under the points system but took me below the $ Cap because pick was involved.
My argument against London using picks for $ is we have quite a few if these type of players on our list and trading in further stiffles us further.  And for the record Shuey is staying.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 15, 2016, 09:13:22 AM

Oh OK then, that's fine. Didn't get that impression based on what was previously said

Should be a piece of cake to get above then

RaisyDaisy

Will take a pick for any of these guys

Cameron Shenton, Teia Miles, Adam Marcon, Jack Repath, Dan Houston, Todd Elton, Harrison Marsh, Kurt Heatherley, Jackson Paine

Jarrad Waite and Jon Griffin could also possibly move for a pick too, but would want picks in the 20-40 range

Ringo

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 15, 2016, 10:12:41 AM
Quote from: Purple 77 on September 15, 2016, 09:13:22 AM

Oh OK then, that's fine. Didn't get that impression based on what was previously said

Should be a piece of cake to get above then
So to clarify Toronto can trade and remain under cap so long as they do not go below their current cap of $8,695,000 but London can not trade below minimum cap even though a pick maybe involved.
Also for clarification some previous trades involved players on rookie lists so is the rule still they go to the receiving franchise rookie list as well.

RaisyDaisy

Pretty sure the new team can decide whether they want to put them on their rookie list or senior list

Counts towards to cap either way so does it matter?

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 15, 2016, 03:08:05 PM
Pretty sure the new team can decide whether they want to put them on their rookie list or senior list

i think it styas where they were on as it takes a pick to upgrade a guy off the rookie list

Nige

Quote from: Holz on September 15, 2016, 03:15:47 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 15, 2016, 03:08:05 PM

i think it styas where they were on as it takes a pick to upgrade a guy off the rookie list

meow meow

Rookies from other teams cannot go on your rookie list. They must go on your senior list if you trade them in.

Doesn't cost any picks to upgrade rookies.

meow meow

2010: 75.8
2011: 75.9
2012: 81.5
2013: 73.2
2014: 69.7
2015: 75.7
2016: 62.9

Sharrod should average somewhere around 70 based on the above and he can be yours for a pick upgrade (or in a deal for Lin Jong). Decent defensive depth or even D4 when he's up and about.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: meow meow on September 15, 2016, 04:06:08 PM
Rookies from other teams cannot go on your rookie list. They must go on your senior list if you trade them in.

Doesn't cost any picks to upgrade rookies.

Exactly what I thought, which is why what Ringo and Holz said confused the shower out of me