WXV Official Trade Confabulation

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2016, 09:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 08, 2016, 07:19:11 PM
Quote from: meow meow on September 08, 2016, 06:52:23 PM
Jake Stringer might be rage traded in a few hours depending on how he goes tonight.

8 touches, 1goal. 52SC

10 touches, 1 goal, 50SC

I was pretty damn close!

meow meow

Purple 77

Shaun Burgoyne has come up a couple times... happy to keep, but will listen to offers.

Give me mid. Or a forward I guess. Their age doesn't fuss me, as long as they are contracted next year  8)

meow meow

Hartlett being traded leaves Stringer, Dempster, Wilbur and Lester as the only remaining players on Christchurch's list who were taken in the redraft. Roughy, Sloane and Burgoyne didn't last more than a few weeks, Roberton and Picken were cashed in after a year. Guys like Steele, Lever, McLean and Andrews came in through the draft of that offseason and probably won't ever leave.

RaisyDaisy

Hartlett hasn't been traded just yet ;)

meow meow

Neither has Garlett, so get your offers in ASAP!

RaisyDaisy

Somebody take Garlett already so meow can stop selling him!  ;D

I'll offer up Cam Shenton and Andrew Walker for him

meow meow

1194th most games played, 250th most goals kicked of any player... ever!

31st most goals kicked for Carlton

98th most goals kicked for Melbourne.

2011: 48 goals
2012: 29 goals
2013: 43 goals
2014: 12 goals
2015: 40 goals
2016: 29 goals

I think it's safe to assume that Jeffy is going to kick 40+ goals next year since he's due.

Holz

what pick will you take to not talk about that SC scrub again

meow meow

Contracted for another 3 seasons. He will have just turned 30 at the end of that so a good chance to play for another couple after that too. 5 seasons of brilliance from an AFL star for a pick in the 30's? Bargain.

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on September 09, 2016, 04:07:40 PM
Contracted for another 3 seasons. He will have just turned 30 at the end of that so a good chance to play for another couple after that too. 5 seasons of brilliance from an AFL star for a pick in the 30's? Bargain.

The Saints are no good, perhaps you should keep these stars to improve your squad.

meow meow

Quote from: Holz on September 09, 2016, 04:08:45 PM

The Saints are no good, perhaps you should keep these stars to improve your squad.

But I want to follow in Dublin's footsteps and finish last sometime. Won't be able to do that with this superstar on the list.

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on September 09, 2016, 04:10:58 PM
Quote from: Holz on September 09, 2016, 04:08:45 PM

But I want to follow in Dublin's footsteps and finish last sometime. Won't be able to do that with this superstar on the list.

thats ok keep trading you will achieve that goal.

but to truly finish in Dublin's footsteps you might want to do some good trades.

Nige

Straight swaps are trendy this year.

Purple 77

Just one coach to go, but I've made my mind up on that trade anyway. That coach still needs to vote though

Trade 12
Dublin trade: Lance Franklin, Jarryd Roughead + Pick 55
Berlin trade: Brad Crouch, Pick 27 + Pick 45
Votes: 0
Admin comments: Well, there was ONE neg, but he said he did it just for the laughs (this was after it was announced it would pass), which doesn't qualify as a valid vote :P
Verdict: PASS

Trade 13
Christchurch trade: Ben Reid + Pick 56
New York trade: Nathan Vardy, James Stewart + Pick 44
Admin comments: Seems fine enough

Trade 14
Mexico City trade: Cameron Ellis-Yolmen + Sam Gray
London trade: Ben Cunnington + Pick 25
Votes: 3
Admin comments: Let's just say this gets 4 votes so I need to decide whether it should be overturned. Although I think we'd mostly agree that Cunnington will rebound next year, let's say to his usual 93 self, I think you could also mount an argument that Sam Gray could rebound to his 89 average next year too and could have scope to improve on that. Cunnington > Gray? Yes. By a lot? No. The thing with CEY is not so much his fantasy scoring, but his JS. The Crouch brothers have played a part in his drop from last year I reckon, but who replaces Scott Thompson next year if as predicted he steps down? Or what if CEY does break in the team? Then all of a sudden Pick 25 for CEY makes a lot of sense, and London could very well come out a winner. I can see the logic behind it, and will give the benefit of the doubt to London here. Although I personally think Mexico City is more likely to come out on top, it's not enough for me to overturn a PASS decision.

Trade 15
Moscow trade: Tyrone Vickery
Mexico City trade: George Hewett
Admin comments: Eh.

Trade 16
New York trade: Scott D Thompson
Seoul trade: Ben McGlynn
Admin comments: Good trade.

PS: Coaches are reminded that if a trade does get negged, the coaches that negged it will have their reasons forwarded to the coaches involved in the trade. That means you have got to be clear why you negged it, so it can assist the coaches involved in understanding why. A lack of detail or a vague reason means I won't count it (I'm not asking for a huge paragraph, just a clear identification of why in a couple of sentences). Balance of comp is no longer a valid reason as well.