WXV Official Trade Confabulation

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2016, 09:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

2013 is a while ago now, but Garlett did average 100.5 across the first 10 rounds (didn't do a Butcher, he played all 10) of that season. Just sayin

iZander

John Butcher did average 132 this year from round 1 -19 if you disregard round 18!!! Lets not forget that, will take a first rounder

Heaps of forwards on the market if you look in the right place

JBs-Hawks

Ben McGlynn, come and get him!

DazBurg

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 10, 2016, 06:55:12 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on August 10, 2016, 06:10:08 PM
nope don't like it
at PNL we have fwds but struggle for quality mids
so do we then get to change it?

we have fwds we rate them highly but pay up and we may give some up
(will point out thought ppl only ask mostly for wingard or billings but mostly wingard
so ppl want starting fwds but wish to trade depth for them ::) )

Relax Daz, deep breathes

Was only joking

And you'll have to trade some of your forwards eventually when your old fart midfield retires :P
I know you were but it gained traction with Ossman lol

Hey as I said offer away
Btw old fart midfield?
We played most of season without hodge & swan so only Prussia the worry
Sine we have Shiel + zerrett jones also has a few seasons left yet :P

RaisyDaisy

Wasn't going to do this, but I think due to so many teams inquiring we at least need to start fielding offers

Jesse White is now on the market

Purple 77

I still don't really know who I want  :-[ can't I just be a premiership team next year?

Give me your decent old players I suppose. And give them to me for chips.

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 11, 2016, 10:12:24 AM
I still don't really know who I want  :-[ can't I just be a premiership team next year?

Nathan "Chips" Fyfe?

if i get him i will call him chips in every post.

meow meow

Overrated, injury prone butcher who'll struggle when 211 isn't there to hand feed him.

Gibbs > Fyfe

Purple 77

Quote from: Holz on August 11, 2016, 10:29:46 AM

Nathan "Chips" Fyfe?

He shall remain to be called "Foife" whenever he is killing it  ;)

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 11, 2016, 11:29:20 AM
Quote from: Holz on August 11, 2016, 10:29:46 AM

Nathan "Chips" Fyfe?

He shall remain to be called "Foife" whenever he is killing it  ;)

so can we call it chips when he is missing through injury :P

which is amazingly 41 of the last 110 home and away games. which is 37% of the time.

Ricochet

Yeh we're a bit torn as well.

Don't really want to trade any of the boys that have been huge us this year like Conigs, Ross, Scully, Wallis, etc but have had some ok offers that are worth considering

RaisyDaisy

I hear you lads

Unfortunately, it's hard to secure a good player from another team without giving away a good player from your current team

I'm really happy with the trades we have secured so far. Reckon we could go with 1 more defender (to replace Gibson once he retires) and definitely a starting forward, but if we can't get them than I think we are still in pretty good shape for 2017

Boomz

Johannisen, Dahl & Lycett are staying ;) Most others available at the right price.

meow meow

Is one premo year worth one premo year, or more?

Bontempeilli. Gun. 12 premo seasons left in him. Could Pacific trade him for 12 premos with one year left in them each? Would they have to pay more for the immediate benefit to their team? Is the immediate more important than the distant future in a game like this? Do they have to pay more since they get 12 starters for one year, even though it'll even itself out over the next 12 seasons? Should Montagna cost PNL more than he would cost Cairo, since PNL are in the premiership race?

I encourage all teams to answer, since all teams vote.

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on August 11, 2016, 03:32:56 PM
Is one premo year worth one premo year, or more?

Bontempeilli. Gun. 12 premo seasons left in him. Could Pacific trade him for 12 premos with one year left in them each? Would they have to pay more for the immediate benefit to their team? Is the immediate more important than the distant future in a game like this? Do they have to pay more since they get 12 starters for one year, even though it'll even itself out over the next 12 seasons? Should Montagna cost PNL more than he would cost Cairo, since PNL are in the premiership race?

I encourage all teams to answer, since all teams vote.

of course he isnt worth 12 guys with 1 year left.

lots of reasons.

1. these guys with 1 year left could have 2-3. Harvey has had 1 year left for 8 years.
2. diversification, bont could have a terrible injury, walk away from the game who knows. Bont might not have 12 years in him
3. we need to fill 15 spots and the 12 players can fill 12 of them, while bont can only field 1.

in part 2.

the whole basing a trade on the teams involved is a joke. Trades should be dealt on the merits of the players involved in the deal soley.