WXV Official Trade Confabulation

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2016, 09:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 14, 2016, 11:58:49 AM
Ringo, if cap points is what you need, I'm happy to inject nearly 900k into your list

Gibbo + Waite for Pick 6 :P
I have a few that I hope are available at 6 so will not be trading pick 6.

Purple 77

Cape Town still left to vote, but making things "official"... this time informally:

All trades except Trade 21 received 0 votes, and Trade 21 received 9 votes and hence was auto-rejected.

Shall work on my updates now...

Purple 77

Thread updated

WXV Player Lists & Draft Order

Spreadsheet updated

WXV Trade Centre

Let me know if you want anymore stats!

Purple 77

Beijing & Pacific keeping the faith in their lists atm as the only teams not have traded, whilst Toronto's first is currently pending  :o

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 14, 2016, 06:41:26 PM
Beijing & Pacific keeping the faith in their lists atm as the only teams not have traded, whilst Toronto's first is currently pending  :o

Yeah..... that's what they're doing.....

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 14, 2016, 06:44:20 PM

Hahah it was a generous call!

Jay

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 14, 2016, 06:44:20 PM

We like our team. Why trade for the sake of it?

upthemaidens

The big clean out and restructuring was done over the last few years.
  There's not a lot that needs to be done apart from some fine tuning and letting the young guys age.

Always happy to hear any offers for our players.  :)

Adamant

Toronto trade update

• Jack Ziebell has been talks with a few clubs and could potentially be on the move. Looking for an 80-85 mid of a similar age (depending on the player) and a top 20 pick in return
  • Jasper Pittard has attracted a lot of interest, and he isn't unmovable. If he were to be traded, a 2-for-1 type deal which includes a 75+ defender (can be a lower average if I like the player) would be desirable
  • Rookie draft superstar Tom Ruggles and David Astbury available for a pick(s)
  • Small forward-turned-rebounding defender gun Jayden Short and Sam Wright could be packaged with picks 20 or 22 for a 75+ forward (can be a lower average if I like the player). Since moving down back in round 15, Short went: 75, 71, 82, 38, 83, 87, 71, 72 and 59. Only 20yo and has now cemented his spot in the side. Wright averaged 75.9 last year, injury affected this year, 26yo.
  • Young guns Angus Brayshaw and Jacob Hopper have also attracted a fair bit of interest, but it's unlikely either will move

Torpedo10

Hooker could go within the hour! Get your last dash offers in now!

meow meow

So that takes me to 41 players (not including Silvagni who can remain on the rookie list), 5 national draft picks (8, 18, 37, 39, 44) and 2 PSD picks (8, 26).

48 into 40 don't fit.

Cox
Dickson
Gilbert
Wellingham
Davis
PSD 8
PSD 26

Looking to package some together, preferably for a pick or Lin Jong but others might also be considered.

Could also look at packaging the above with guys like Trengove, Anderson, Lester etc but I have found that I overprice them while others want them cheaply so it's probably not going to end well.

iZander

Jack Crisp is probably being traded soon.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 14, 2016, 11:54:19 AM
The cap wants to encourage getting in competitive depth to those close to the minimum. Draft picks, generally, are not.

I'd wager those close to the minimum cap will be below it after delistments. The draft picks would probably get it back over the 9.1 mill minimum

So teams who are below the cap or close to it, cannot do a trade unless it gets them enough $ back from the other team to get them over the cap after that trade, and it can't include their draft picks at 100k a pick?

That would have a pretty big impact on their ability to trade freely like the rest of us

It can't be fair that you can be over the cap during the trade period, and just get yourself under via delistings at team lodgement but you can't be under the cap during the trade period

If this is the case, the pending Toronto/Rio deal cannot be assessed because Toronto would still be under the cap after it, and that's just not fair

Let the draft picks count

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 15, 2016, 12:10:10 AM
Quote from: Purple 77 on September 14, 2016, 11:54:19 AM
The cap wants to encourage getting in competitive depth to those close to the minimum. Draft picks, generally, are not.

I'd wager those close to the minimum cap will be below it after delistments. The draft picks would probably get it back over the 9.1 mill minimum

So teams who are below the cap or close to it, cannot do a trade unless it gets them enough $ back from the other team to get them over the cap after that trade, and it can't include their draft picks at 100k a pick?

That would have a pretty big impact on their ability to trade freely like the rest of us

It can't be fair that you can be over the cap during the trade period, and just get yourself under via delistings at team lodgement but you can't be under the cap during the trade period

If this is the case, the pending Toronto/Rio deal cannot be assessed because Toronto would still be under the cap after it, and that's just not fair

Let the draft picks count
Its to stop weaker teams trading its proven performers for draft picks and sending them back further.

Theoretically, without the minimum cap they could trade in 20 draft picks, with the aim of bringing in as much youth as possible but really making them uncompetitive for years

RaisyDaisy

???

All I'm saying is that let them trade during the trade period and if they remain under the cap that's fine, but as long as they get to above the cap by the end of the trade period then it's all good