Supercoach Team 2010 - any advice?

Started by CyclopZ, March 23, 2010, 11:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyclopZ

Hi Guys,

Just wanted some advice on my Supercoach team, need to win my league this year as i was robbed last year. Here goes

Backs - Goddard, H. Shaw, Hodge, Kennelly, Hunt, Ladson, Greenwood SUB - Silvagni, Trengove

Mids - Ablett, Selwood, Vince, Cooney, Masten, Martin SUB - Shuey, Moles

Rucks - Jolly, Tippet SUB - Warnock, Lobbe

Forwards - N Riewoldt, ROK, Franklin, Hall, Dangerfield, Ziebell, Rockliff SUB - Hitchcock, Podsiadly

It seems the backs and the Forwards are a bit lean - found it a lot harder to pick than last year.

drongo

Great side, I love it a good mixture of guns, upside players and rookies
Only time will tell what it rates but I give it 9.5/10 ;)

CyclopZ

Thanks mate - I appreciate the comments  :D

SCADDICT

CyclopZ

Actually i dont mate - whats happened with Greenwood?

*edit* Yeh - just had a look, going to be out for a few weeks with a broken toe....

maybe downgrade him to Waters and upgrade somewhere else? not a lot on offer down back with the cash i have... Any idea's guys?

Pravis

you could go with waters and hope he makes enough to straight trade him for greenwood in round 3 or 4. or you can leave greenwood on the bench for 2 -3 weeks if you want to save a trade (this is a decent solution if you are only interested in winning the league and not worried about your overall standings.). Otherwise you could downgrade shaw to...Gram maybe... and then upgrade greenwood to someone thats around the mid 300k

there's 3 different options you can go with, not saying any of them are the best way but it could get your brain ticking over for possible ways to deal with your problem.

P.S if you really wanna look at winning your league you could go the 5 rookie options in the midfield and upgrade like crazy around rounds 8 - 12. Sure you will loose your first 4 - 6 games (hopefully u can sneak 1 -3 wins) but you would rather be scoring big numbers in the last half of the season then at the start. Plus most teams at the top of a league are usually using trades early to try and keep scores high (Classic fantasy mistake)
Remember its a marathon not a sprint.