Medhurst consistent? Surely not!

Started by SCADDICT, March 23, 2010, 08:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCADDICT

:o he ripped it this pre season and it wasn't even against two crap teams like it was for stanton, thoughts on medhurst this year..........

Justin Bieber

fantasy spud.

look at yearly averages for what i mean.

SCADDICT

Yeah mate but he has averaged 98 SC points this pre season, is over his ankle injury and even got a hundred against the Saints!! Don't write him off too soon I think.

Justin Bieber

wells is always on fire pre season. how has he been past couple of years?

pre season can be a good indication but only really on the younger guys. medhurst not that young anymore at 29.

SCADDICT

Yeah but Wells is just lazy and I don't see that changing where as I think Medhursts crap scores last year stemmed from his persistent ankle injury.

Justin Bieber

if you think he can change his low scoring ways (bar 2008 form) nobody can stop you from getting him in.

hope he can do well for you but doesn't have too much improvement left in him for me to choose him.

sid3bysid3

alot of people dont rate medhurst... he has had one season at collingwood where he had a full preseason besides this season and he averaged 80 odd. so history shows a good season means a good season in his case.

i read alot of good things about him this preseason in training before the matches got off and alot of collingwood insiders said look out for him this year... very hard to tackle, kicks goals and uses the footy well. should get alot of inside 50s. i think his preseason form will be a good guide to his season.

Justin Bieber

i believe pre season hype to an extent. some teams often exaggerate to pump up there players.

MissPies

Quote from: SCADDICT on March 23, 2010, 08:25:08 AM
:o he ripped it this pre season and it wasn't even against two crap teams like it was for stanton, thoughts on medhurst this year..........

I think Medhurst will clearly do well this season. Mick will sideline you and drop kick you into VFL if you are not performing, no questions asked. Medhurst had a crap year in 2009. He loves the Pies he does not want to leave. Do you think he will not give it his all now his ankle injury is long gone? Medhurst knows this is his end of the line chance. His ego is bruised from 2009 and most DT'ers will not even give him a second look. His pre-season efforts (mind you against the saints!!) were phenomenal! Meddy is going to prove to Mick this year he can and will give his all and give him back the reason he traded in the first place.