I can't fault this team - what am I missing??

Started by dellorso, March 23, 2010, 08:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dellorso

Naturally bench and rookies will be finalised after teams for the weekends games have been announced.

Backs:
Goddard, Enright, Duffield, Hodge, Malceski, Hunt, Waters EMG: Maguire, Silvagni

Mids:
Ablett, Dal Santo, Vince, Ball, Martin, Barlow EMG: Shuey, Banner

Rucks:
Sandilands, Hille EMG: Lobbe, Grimley

Forwards:
Riewoldt, Pavlich, Brown, Franklin, Hall, Dangerfield, Rockliff EMG: Hitchcock, Podsiadly

Leaves 12.9k in the bank

dellorso

Must be good if everyone's viewing it but not responding.  About the only changes I can see are trading Ball down to Masten and then upgrading Vince to just about any other midfielder.  Also leaves enough in the bank to upgrade Ruck 3 (and/or 4) if necessary.

sause_session

really good team. prob best ive seen actually. only thing is pavlich has been average so far in 2010, he will play more foward this season i think and may not score as high as last year. o'keefe is a sure thing.

dellorso

Don't think I'll have the cash to squeeze ROK in to the squad.  Any extra I make from the Ball switch would have to go in to strengthening my poor ruck bench.  Taking a chance on Hille and need something on the bench to back me up in case.

I gotta stop posting these teams - each time I do I go back to the drawing board and come up with some other options.......

sause_session

i think nic nat will be more value than hille. i think ball will be better than every this season and will certainly be worth while. maybe down grade pav to tipett? check my team out if you hav time

Pravis

Injury worries for Hille, Waters and  Malceski

Grimley and banner dont have great job security, and you could argue hitchcock is in this group as well. (given Choco's mood swings with young players getting games)

players are out of form: Buddy (cept 1 game), Pav and Duff.

And Brown may not score as well with Fev in the side.

But dont get me wrong its a awesome side if everything goes to plan for you. But im just pointing out that a lot can go wrong for you as well.

MissPies

Quote from: dellorso on March 23, 2010, 08:06:39 AM
Naturally bench and rookies will be finalised after teams for the weekends games have been announced.
honesty is my best policy..just remember it just my opinion..1 out of gawd knows how many :)
Backs:
Goddard, He is getting on but i feel he still has at least two seasons left in him. will he deliver 100+ again this year. I am doubtful sorry
Enright Good choice, can deliver, consistent, will step up when needed yes yes and yes,
Duffield - A man of building confidence. Duffield only debut a few years ago and he is on the rise, nothing is going to stop him. he is passionate. This in itself shows dedication and wooooooooooooooot 100+ DT scores for you!
Hodge, Nice price for a dual player M/B. My only concern is the ruck issues. Hawks will grab one of two un named players which I WILL name lol S.Grimley and Lisle. If this ruck work pulls of with Renoff yes just maybe Jarryd can keep his spot up front with Franklin and Hodge will do much DT score damage ...this id a BIG IF!
Malceski, Nice price but concerns so early in the pre season for injury..dont like it sorry. I may be wrong and he comes racing out uninjured 'prone' and make a fool of me ha
Hunt, Waters EMG: Maguire, Silvagni

Mids:
Ablett, Hmmm he will score 100+ no doubt but i do not think his efforts will be as consistent as last year..premiership cup medals..did you see his face when he did not win the premiership medal/? gawd..now he has won it..I do not think he will be stud again and is satisfied
Dal Santo Lovely choice, when in doubt there are three saints you can rely on, this is one of them
Vince, OMG yes yes and yes what can he possibly do wrong? Debut 2006 and he is getting better n better wit experience under his belt...grand fine choice good for you
Ball fancy taking him out of the last 17 mins if the GF he was the skipper ffs, ball loves it at Pies, welcomed, brings wisdom, yes yes and yes..it is his turn to shine. If he stayed at saints he would not go to well. But new lease new ground. BOOM X factor
, Martin, Barlow EMG: Shuey, Banner no comment on any of these players I do not know enough bout the benchies

Rucks:
Sandilands, Sorry but hidious, taps yes..but what then? in DT this may pull of but in SC big no no lol
Hille not ready
EMG: Lobbe, Grimley

Forwards:
Riewoldt, no brainer
Pavlich, Hmmm..may do well..but saints like to give each other nothing..just from what I have seen, reason why they do now win premierships. Pav is on his own..no team work there.On the field it appears the saints have it together but off the field they give nothing
Brown, Be careful on your choice here..fev with him..brown is very strong but the likes of fev may just piss brown off to no end..dunno Franklin, he will put a rabbit out of his hat if hawks allow roughy to play along side him as to not get tagged to much
Hall,what a bargain huh? ..even if he only averages 80 still worth it!!
Dangerfield I do not feel it is his time yet. give him 2 years and he will peak..having said that hi price is nice..so no risk there
, Rockliff EMG: Hitchcock, Podsiadly

Leaves 12.9k in the bank

Pravis

actually Sandi is a big yes in SC because his taps arn't only scoring 1's, they are scoring through goal assists etc... So Sandi is a big YES YES YES.

Maybe you should just stick to DT Miss Pies.

Sams-Town

I agree Sandi a big yes. And also miss pies Pavlich plays for freeo not the saints. So I dont think he will be affected by there alleged non teamwork in the forward line...

Pravis

Plus Pav may not only play forward atleast for the start of the year because of Freo's lack of tall defender's, hence Silvagni's most likley elevation and selection for round 1.

dellorso

Made some final changes - until teams get announced for Round 1, I'm not gonna touch it anymore.

Summary of changes are:
Brown --> O'Keefe
Pavlich --> Tippett
Grimely --> Warnock

I think I'll keep out of the Brown/Fevola discussion and wait to see how it pans out after a few rounds (gut tells me I should have at least 1 of them though)

Backs:
Goddard, Enright, Duffield, Hodge, Malceski, Hunt, Waters EMG: Maguire, Silvagni

Mids:
Ablett, Dal Santo, Vince, Ball, Martin, Barlow EMG: Shuey, Banner

Rucks:
Sandilands, Hille EMG: Warnock, Lobbe

Forwards:
Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Franklin, Tippett, Hall, Dangerfield, Rockliff EMG: Hitchcock, Podsiadly

Leaves 27k in the bank

Snags23

Quote from: MissPies on March 23, 2010, 09:31:53 PM
Quote from: dellorso on March 23, 2010, 08:06:39 AM
honesty is my best policy..just remember it just my opinion..1 out of gawd knows how many :)
Backs:
Goddard, He is getting on but i feel he still has at least two seasons left in him. will he deliver 100+ again this year. I am doubtful sorry
Enright Good choice, can deliver, consistent, will step up when needed yes yes and yes,
Duffield - A man of building confidence. Duffield only debut a few years ago and he is on the rise, nothing is going to stop him. he is passionate. This in itself shows dedication and wooooooooooooooot 100+ DT scores for you!
Hodge, Nice price for a dual player M/B. My only concern is the ruck issues. Hawks will grab one of two un named players which I WILL name lol S.Grimley and Lisle. If this ruck work pulls of with Renoff yes just maybe Jarryd can keep his spot up front with Franklin and Hodge will do much DT score damage ...this id a BIG IF!
Malceski, Nice price but concerns so early in the pre season for injury..dont like it sorry. I may be wrong and he comes racing out uninjured 'prone' and make a fool of me ha
Hunt, Waters EMG: Maguire, Silvagni

Mids:
Ablett, Hmmm he will score 100+ no doubt but i do not think his efforts will be as consistent as last year..premiership cup medals..did you see his face when he did not win the premiership medal/? gawd..now he has won it..I do not think he will be stud again and is satisfied
Dal Santo Lovely choice, when in doubt there are three saints you can rely on, this is one of them
Vince, OMG yes yes and yes what can he possibly do wrong? Debut 2006 and he is getting better n better wit experience under his belt...grand fine choice good for you
Ball fancy taking him out of the last 17 mins if the GF he was the skipper ffs, ball loves it at Pies, welcomed, brings wisdom, yes yes and yes..it is his turn to shine. If he stayed at saints he would not go to well. But new lease new ground. BOOM X factor
, Martin, Barlow EMG: Shuey, Banner no comment on any of these players I do not know enough bout the benchies

Rucks:
Sandilands, Sorry but hidious, taps yes..but what then? in DT this may pull of but in SC big no no lol
Hille not ready
EMG: Lobbe, Grimley

Forwards:
Riewoldt, no brainer
Pavlich, Hmmm..may do well..but saints like to give each other nothing..just from what I have seen, reason why they do now win premierships. Pav is on his own..no team work there.On the field it appears the saints have it together but off the field they give nothing
Brown, Be careful on your choice here..fev with him..brown is very strong but the likes of fev may just piss brown off to no end..dunno Franklin, he will put a rabbit out of his hat if hawks allow roughy to play along side him as to not get tagged to much
Hall,what a bargain huh? ..even if he only averages 80 still worth it!!
Dangerfield I do not feel it is his time yet. give him 2 years and he will peak..having said that hi price is nice..so no risk there
, Rockliff EMG: Hitchcock, Podsiadly

Leaves 12.9k in the bank

Gee wiz, Goddard getting old? 25 is not old sugar tits

And Sandi wow he is a SC gun, you don't know your stuff lady