WXV Rising Star and Team of the Week 2016

Started by Nige, March 23, 2016, 04:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 15, 2016, 12:16:49 PM
Quote from: Levi434 on June 14, 2016, 11:57:10 PM
Who would have thought a TOTW forward line would have Hickey, Taberner and Membrey in it :o :o :o

Just needed Cloke for the quaddy!
How dare you even mention that name alongside three superstars.

Memphistopheles

He might not have made TOTW but Kent was the most important forward this week :p

Nige

Round 13

Rising Star

The nomination this week goes to a lad who had much hype around him and has battled away to finally earn it this week, Callum Mills takes the honour with an 89, which was bested by 7 other players, none of which managed a senior game.

Team of the Week

Patrick Dangerfield continues to amaze while the Michael Barlow of old has seemingly returned as they take the captaincy and vice captaincy respectively. Robbie Tarrant leads all the defenders with his good form on show while Stefan Martin also has returned to his former self to claim the ruck spot. JROO8 takes out coach of the week, but only just. In fact, Mexico City only had the single representative which shows it was a team effort to top score this week.

D: Robbie Tarrant (Rio), Jarrad McVeigh (Christchurch), Jimmy Bartel (Mexico City), Corey Enright (PNL)
M: Patrick Dangerfield [c] (Seoul), Gary Ablett (Rio), Lachie Neale (Beijing), Rory Sloane (Dublin)
R: Stefan Martin (New Delhi)
F: Michael Barlow [vc] (Pacific), Jack Riewoldt (Dublin), Dustin Martin (Dublin), Mitch Robinson (Rio)
I: Matt Crouch (New Delhi), Anthony Miles (Tokyo)

Coach: JROO8 (Mexico City)

Ricochet

Purple 77

Quote from: Ricochet on June 27, 2016, 01:06:26 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on June 26, 2016, 01:36:42 PM
Stef > Goldy and Gawn confirmed

I remember when I traded Stef + a late draft pick for Gawn... only now that's paying off, after it initially it looked dreadful.

Or so I thought?

No, it's definitely paying off. Sit down Ric :P

Ricochet

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 27, 2016, 01:28:43 PM

I remember when I traded Stef + a late draft pick for Gawn... only now that's paying off, after it initially it looked dreadful.

Or so I thought?

ok fair enough...

Also congrats to BTB Crouch!!

Purple 77

Quote from: Ricochet on June 27, 2016, 02:33:33 PM

Or so I thought?

ok fair enough...

Oh...

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 27, 2016, 02:44:38 PM

Or so I thought?

ok fair enough...

Oh...

will a third round draft pick get Brad or do i need to bump it up to the second round?

Ricochet

Quote from: Holz on June 27, 2016, 02:50:16 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on June 27, 2016, 02:44:38 PM

Or so I thought?

ok fair enough...

Oh...

will a third round draft pick get Brad or do i need to bump it up to the second round?

RaisyDaisy

Can possibly part with Dan Houston and our 4th rounder for Brad Crouch

That should be hard to beat - pretty good offer Purps!

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 27, 2016, 03:01:45 PM
Can possibly part with Dan Houston and our 4th rounder for Brad Crouch

That should be hard to beat - pretty good offer Purps!

he is only a 67.6 averaging mid only who has missed games through injury and is no lock in the 22.

might have to drop the 4th rounder for it to pass.

Ricochet

Purple 77

Nige

Round 14

Rising Star

It finally happened! Cairo finally got a rising star nomination in 2016! It only took until the last month, but it happened! The best player in the competition and recipient of this week's nomination is Lord Oleg Markov who scored a pretty decent 75 to throw his name into contention.

Team of the Week

Jack Steven had a monster round to convincgly claim captaincy while Matthew Broadbent well and truly earns his place after coming from the emergencies. Cairo cult figure Ben Brown also made an appearance and there was heartbreak for Touk Miller who was the fifth best player this week but wasted his efforts in the reserves. He was avenged by his teammate Peter Wright who was the best of the forwards who played this round. Meanwhile, Purple 77 proved he's capable of being a really good coach for the first time this season!

D: Tom McDonald [vc] (New York), Dane Ramper (London), Rory Laird (Pacific), Matthew Broadbent (Mexico City)
M: Jack Steven [c] (Berlin), Marcus Bontempelli (Pacific), Patrick Dangerfield (Seoul), Robbie Gray (Moscow)
R: Max Gawn (Berlin)
F: Peter Wright (Cape Town), Jesse Hogan (Moscow), Tom J Lynch (Seoul), Ben Brown (Cairo)
I: Luke Shuey (London), Zach Merrett (PNL)

Coach: Purple 77 (Berlin)

Purple 77

R1, M1, and Coach1.

Everything is right in the world again.

And a backhanded compliment there Nige? :P