WXV Rising Star and Team of the Week 2016

Started by Nige, March 23, 2016, 04:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on June 06, 2016, 06:06:03 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on June 06, 2016, 06:01:54 PM
Max Gawn had a Dual Knee Reco at the Age of 17, look at him now.  ;)

Both Jukes and I are a little doubtful of the trade now, but it's no secret that a rebounding defender will always be a better SCer than a KPD.

Max Gawn has a beard though
Hahaha gg, can't argue with that.

Levi434

Holz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on June 06, 2016, 05:50:36 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on June 06, 2016, 05:48:09 PM
Shaz we need you ASAP.  :-X

Shouldnt have traded the #1 draft pick for a guy with broken knees

Shaz will come good.

I reckon Weits shouldnt have gone pick 9 and it was an auto pick so he would have gone even later.

Holz

Quote from: Nige on June 06, 2016, 06:13:37 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on June 06, 2016, 06:06:03 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on June 06, 2016, 06:01:54 PM
Max Gawn had a Dual Knee Reco at the Age of 17, look at him now.  ;)

Both Jukes and I are a little doubtful of the trade now, but it's no secret that a rebounding defender will always be a better SCer than a KPD.

Max Gawn has a beard though
Hahaha gg, can't argue with that.

Jimmy Bartel will score 300 by the end of the year.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/geelong/jimmy-bartel/news-story/798805d758bbeb21a55b5dbfd895f047

Nige

Round 12

Rising Star

Well, this certainly doesn't happen often. Jayden Short has won the nomination this week off the back of an 82. The interesting story here is that Short wasn't originally named for Toronto, but became their E4 thanks to our lovely admin doing his job and eventually he got called up to replace Andrew Phillips in the XV which led to this! Spare a thought for Lachie Weller who tonned up for Seoul's reserves.

Team of the Week

You thought Heath Shaw's effort was great? How about Tom Rockliff's amazing performance? Yeah, well Paddy Dangerfield of Seoul just beat both of those to join the class of 2k16 and captain this week's TOTW side. Shaun Hampson was an unlikely winner of this week's ruck duel (thanks to Tom Hickey being named as a fwd). Sam Gibson gets the award for hard luck story of the week with a massive score for the Pacific magoos. Seoul's ridiculously good effort sees JBs-Hawks take his place in the coach of the week throne. Perhaps the most interesting thing of all this week is that 11 different teams were represented in the team you see below!

D: Sam Docherty (Moscow), Jasper Pittard (Toronto), Josh Gibson (New York), Robbie Tarrant (Rio)
M: Patrick Dangerfield [c] (Seoul), Jack Steven (Berlin), Bernie Vince (Rio), Joel Selwood (Dublin)
R: Shaun Hampson (Mexico City)
F: Dustin Martin [vc] (Dublin), Tom Hickey (Buenos Aires), Matt Taberner (Pacific), Tim Membrey (London)
I: Marcus Bontempelli (Pacific), Gary Ablett (Rio)

Coach: JBs-Hawks (Seoul)

Holz

Congrats JB,

have tried for years to get Danger dont think it will ever happen.

just a question

Why is Joel Selwood not in the team his 141 beat Ablett, Wells and Bont

i fear im going to quick out a North boy in wells, considering he is also a Mexico boy happy for him to go.

GoLions

Quote from: Holz on June 14, 2016, 07:07:06 PM
just a question

Because Nige is racist.

Purple 77

Jay

Congrats JB,

just a question

i fear im going to quick out a North boy in wells, considering he is also a Mexico boy happy for him to go.
How dare you question The Bont!

Nige

I must have completely scrolled past Jelwood's name tbh. :P

Will fix.

Holz

Quote from: Jay on June 14, 2016, 09:21:49 PM
Congrats JB,

just a question

How dare you question The Bont!

take that bont bumped down to utility.

Levi434

Who would have thought a TOTW forward line would have Hickey, Taberner and Membrey in it :o :o :o

Ricochet

Purple 77

And also, great job coach of the week JBs!

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Levi434 on June 14, 2016, 11:57:10 PM
Who would have thought a TOTW forward line would have Hickey, Taberner and Membrey in it :o :o :o

Just needed Cloke for the quaddy!