WXV Rising Star and Team of the Week 2016

Started by Nige, March 23, 2016, 04:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Nige

Rupert's an objectively better name and so he will get the nomination this week, sorry NDT.

Nige

Round 17

Rising Star

The final rising star nomination goes to Archie Smith who only got a game because Stefan Martin was supposedly rested. He managed to channel the ability of his predecessor to amass 96 and rob the glorious and deserving Rupert Wills of a nomination that would have made somewhere in the vicinity of 93 million Egyptians go crazy.

Team of the Week

It was truly fitting for some new faces to show up in the final round for the season, a breath of fresh air is exactly what we love here at TOTW. David Mundy the captain and Steve Johnson his vice. Dublin will be relieved that Todd Goldstein might actually be back. Otherwise, spare a thought for John Butcher who had the game of his life for La Plata Armada because Vinny and iZander can't recognise true talent.

D: Alex Rance (Dublin), Jamie MacMillan (Berlin), Jackson Trengove (Seoul), Rory Laird (Pacific)
M: David Mundy [c] (New York), Dan Hannebery (London), Patrick Dangerfield (Seoul), Rory Sloane (Dublin)
R: Todd Goldstein (Dublin)
F: Steve Johnson [vc] (Berlin), Eddie Betts (Mexico City), Jack Watts (Toronto), Devon Smith (Pacific)
I: Scott Pendlebury (Buenos Aires), Josh P Kennedy (Cape Town)

Coach: Holz (Dublin)

Holz

what a week Rory and Rance good to be back.

Goldy in his rightfull spot as Ruck and Holz in the coaches box. Those are what i want to see over 3 of the next 4 weeks.

RaisyDaisy

Nice to get the Captain for the last round of the regular season  8)

ossie85

Nige

Quote from: ossie85 on August 10, 2016, 08:43:37 AM

No team of the week for Finals Nige?
Was quite busy and tired yesterday, will get on it when ai get home from Uni this arvo.

Holz

Nige

Finals Week 1

Team of the Week

The three teams to score really well make up a bulk of this week's team. PNL, New York and Dublin occuping 11 of the 15 spots available. Corey Enright proving old is still gold for PNL as captain of the team, while on the other end of the spectrum Isaac Heeney is the vice captain. Finals Week 1 made a good representation of the past, present and future star players of the competition.

D: Corey Enright [c] (PNL), Shannon Hurn (New York), Bachar Houli (New York), Kade Simpson (Mexico City)
M: Rory Sloane (Dublin), Marcus Bontempelli (Pacific), Matt Priddis (PNL), Nathan Jones (PNL)
R: Todd Goldstein (Dublin)
F: Isaac Heeney [vc] (New York), Josh Kennedy (New York), Cyril Rioli (PNL), Dustin Martin (Dublin)
I: Patrick Cripps (Rio), Tom Mitchell (Pacific)

Coach: Holz (Dublin)

Holz

Goldy back to back.

Sadly cant go for 3 in a row

ossie85

Bachar Houli must wonder what he needs to do stay in New York colours.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: ossie85 on August 10, 2016, 03:59:06 PM

Haha, it's nothing personal Os, and Bachar knows that

ossie85

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 10, 2016, 04:04:01 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on August 10, 2016, 03:59:06 PM

Haha, it's nothing personal Os, and Bachar knows that

I don't know RD, reckon he's putting on a brave face. Wouldn't surprise me if he puts in a below par effort this week, could cost you a final.

^I'll quote this across all of history if it happens, btw