Rookie Promotion & Long-Term Injuries 2016

Started by Purple 77, February 28, 2016, 01:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

As per last year,

Each team has 5-6 rookies - who can only play if

- You have a long-term injury
- You can't field a team for a certain position

How can I prove who has a long-term injury?

Well, if a player is either out indefinitely or is at least 6 rounds away from returning, then you have your long-term injury. I will use this link below as a basis

http://www.afl.com.au/injury-list

But you can argue your case if other websites say they're within the criterion above.

So in order for you to promote a rookie, post who has the long term injury, and post in this thread BEFORE the next round starts.

The player with the long term injury can't play for at least 6 rounds (on the off chance he returns early, that's just unlucky), and once he is not injured again (is off the website or plays competitive football again) your rookie is demoted again.

Rookie Promotion

Normally in the representative round (but seeing as that is bit further along than mid-year; AFL Rounds 14-15), this year, after Round 9 and before Round 10, you are able to promote a rookie to the senior list permanately....

BUT

You commit your last national draft pick for next season for this player AND you have to nominate a player that you will delist at the end of the year.

I stone cold forgot about this last year, but it's usually an option no one takes. Nonetheless, it is something you are able to do, so if I forget about it again this year, it doesn't mean you can't still do it.

Players you can promote a Rookie for the duration of the entire year - note that once nominated, you can't un-nominate them
Jobe Watson (Christchurch)
Tom Bellchambers (New York)
Angus Monfries (Moscow)
Heath Hocking (Cairo)
Tayte Pears (Beijing)
Jake Melksham (Toronto)
David Myers (Seoul)
Matthew Jaensch (Beijing)
Justin Clarke (Seoul)

*Essendon promotion picks still to be decided, this is just a guess

List of Current Promoted Rookies

Harris Andrews has been promoted to the Christchurch Saints senior list due to the 2016 suspension of Jobe Watson. This will last for the entire year, unless Watson is somehow allowed to play AFL again in 2016, in which case Andrews will be demoted to the rookie list again. This can only happen from Round 7 onwards.

Jason Castagna has been promoted to the Seoul Magpies senior list due to the 2016 suspension of David Myers. This will last for the entire year, unless Myers is somehow allowed to play AFL again in 2016, in which case Castagna will be demoted to the rookie list again. This can only happen from Round 7 onwards.

Tom Ruggles has been promoted to the Toronto Wolves senior list due to the 2016 suspension of Jake Melksham. This will last for the entire year, unless Melksham is somehow allowed to play AFL again in 2016, in which case Ruggles will be demoted to the rookie list again. This can only happen from Round 10 onwards.

Jayden Hunt has been promoted to the Beijing Thunder senior list due to the 2016 suspension of Tayte Pears. This will last for the entire year, unless Pears is somehow allowed to play AFL again in 2016, in which case Hunt will be demoted to the rookie list again. This can only happen from Round 10 onwards.

Daniel Talia has been promoted to the Berlin Brewers senior list due to an injury to Joshua Prudden. Prudden can not be considered to play until Round 11 but if he returns to football earlier than that Talia will be demoted to rookie again.

Aliir Aliir has been promoted to the Pacific Islanders senior list due to an injury to Paul Ahern. Ahern can not be considered to play until Round 12 but if he returns to football earlier than that Aliir will be demoted to rookie again.

Dougal Howard has been promoted to the Cairo Sands senior list due to the 2016 suspension of Heath Hocking. This will last for the entire year, unless Hocking is somehow allowed to play AFL again in 2016, in which case Howard will be demoted to the rookie list again. This can only happen from Round 13 onwards.

Dale Morris has been promoted to the Cairo Sands senior list due to an injury to Will Snelling. Snelling can not be considered to play until Round 14 but if he returns to football earlier than that Morris will be demoted to rookie again.

Steven Morris has been promoted to the Tokyo Samurai senior list due to an injury to Jason Johannisen. Johannisen can not be considered to play until Round 16 but if he returns to football earlier than that Morris will be demoted to rookie again.

Kade Stewart has been promoted to the Beijing Thunder senior list due to the retirement of Matthew Jaensch. This promotion will last for the remainder of the year, and cannot be reversed.

Paul Stewart has been promoted to the Cairo senior list due to an injury to Hugh Goddard. Goddard can not be considered to play until Finals Week 1 but if he returns to football earlier than that Stewart will be demoted to rookie again.

Sam J Reid has been promoted to the Seoul Magpie senior list due to the retirement of Justin Clarke. This promotion will last for the remainder of the year, and cannot be reversed.

Xavier Richards has been promoted to the Beijing Thunder senior list due to an injury to Jackson Thurlow. Thurlow can not be considered to play for the rest of the season but if he returns to football earlier than that Richards will be demoted to rookie again.

Archie Smith has been promoted to the New Delhi senior list due to an injury to Mitch Wallis. Wallis can not be considered to play for the rest of the season but if he returns to football earlier than that Smith will be demoted to rookie again.

meow meow

Harris Andrews promoted for Jobe thanks Purps.

Purple 77

Toga

With Jaensch retiring it looks like we'll have a second spot open now as well. Will track how our rookies go coming into the season before making any decisions to upgrade though :)

Toga

Can also add Jackson Thurlow to our LTI list... But still not confident we're gonna have any rookies worth upgrading at this stage :(

Ricochet

Can a rookie be upgraded for Krakouer? I know there's a suspension but he's no certainty to be ready from that broken jaw... and is listed as 4-6 weeks in the link above??

Purple 77

Quote from: Ricochet on March 22, 2016, 11:32:23 AM
Can a rookie be upgraded for Krakouer? I know there's a suspension but he's no certainty to be ready from that broken jaw... and is listed as 4-6 weeks in the link above??

It was updated on the 16th... I think I'll be waiting for updates on the injury lists made this week to make the rulings. But FWIW, if he is still listed 6 weeks away through injury once it gets updated, you are able to demote him. But if you do, you can't select him until Round 7 no matter what happens, and if he comes back early (like Round 5 for example), the rookie you promoted won't be able to play either.

Ricochet

Quote from: Purple 77 on March 22, 2016, 01:30:10 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on March 22, 2016, 11:32:23 AM

It was updated on the 16th... I think I'll be waiting for updates on the injury lists made this week to make the rulings. But FWIW, if he is still listed 6 weeks away through injury once it gets updated, you are able to demote him. But if you do, you can't select him until Round 7 no matter what happens, and if he comes back early (like Round 5 for example), the rookie you promoted won't be able to play either.
Ok cool, thanks mate

JBs-Hawks

Purple 77

Purple 77

Justin Clarke added to my list above  :(

Adamant

Promoting Tom Ruggles to the senior list for Jake Melksham (suspended) thanks Purps.

Purple 77

Quote from: Adamant on April 14, 2016, 07:58:15 PM
Promoting Tom Ruggles to the senior list for Jake Melksham (suspended) thanks Purps.

Done

Toga

Promoting Jayden Hunt to the senior list for .. umm ... ahh .. take your pick? We'll upgrade him in place of the suspended spud that is Tayte Pears.

Purple 77

Quote from: Toga on April 15, 2016, 12:50:14 PM
Promoting Jayden Hunt to the senior list for .. umm ... ahh .. take your pick? We'll upgrade him in place of the suspended spud that is Tayte Pears.

Good decision haha, consider it done.