Essendon Saga in British xv

Started by Ringo, January 12, 2016, 05:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: Ringo on January 13, 2016, 10:17:49 PM
Still has to be approved by admin though.

As an example and this may or may not happen but say Bunnies trade Ryder to Breakers for Witts. Looks an uneven trade but for the sake of the competition and fairness would approve.
Why would they trade Ryder for Witts though? Sorry just trying to understand the reasoning for loaning players

Ringo

Just using SR as an example Richo as his only other ruck is Derrick.  Breakers have 3 rucks including Witts so just saying we can trade Witts to Bunnies in exchange for Ryder this year only to assist him overcome his ruck issue. That is the purpose of reversiblle trades at end of this season Ryder returns to Bunnies and Witts to breakers.

Ricochet

Quote from: Ringo on January 14, 2016, 01:51:09 PM
Just using SR as an example Richo as his only other ruck is Derrick.  Breakers have 3 rucks including Witts so just saying we can trade Witts to Bunnies in exchange for Ryder this year only to assist him overcome his ruck issue. That is the purpose of reversiblle trades at end of this season Ryder returns to Bunnies and Witts to breakers.
Yeh get that bit, but why would someone trade Witts for Ryder for one year when he's not even playing?

Ringo

That is the purpose of a reversible trade in breakers case who have 2 rucks available as well as Witts they may be willing to assist Bunnies by loaning a player for Ryder. Realise it is up to clubs to work out though,

Pkbaldy

Well looking at facebook. Jamar looks set to be one of the top up players. SR can just get him. Surely Jamar is still better then McKernan? He's been playing the last 5 months in the NT league.

Ricochet

Quote from: Ringo on January 14, 2016, 01:56:42 PM
That is the purpose of a reversible trade in breakers case who have 2 rucks available as well as Witts they may be willing to assist Bunnies by loaning a player for Ryder. Realise it is up to clubs to work out though,
So it's a new loan rule that one side gets no benefit from??

Pkbaldy

If you're doing that, whats the point in having Ryder at all in the trade? Just have it as a year loan.

Breakers Give: Jarrod Witts, loan expires October 2016.

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on January 14, 2016, 02:10:18 PM
Sounds like it's just about how generous people feel.

Ringo

Quote from: Ricochet on January 14, 2016, 02:10:18 PM
If you want to put it that way yes but I prefer it as for the benefit of the competition as going into competition with a dubious ruck is no good overall especially if we are unable to play OOP in UF. 
Obviously there will be like for like or similar but I am using Bunnies as the example as need to be helped.

Spite

Ringo... that is colluding.

No loan rule. Why complicate it? He's got extra trade movements, he can do a fair trade for one.

If you want me to complain again about Josh Thomas, I could ask why we couldn't get a loan for him? That way instead of not trading for forward depth because we couldn't get anyone we liked, we could have offered overs to someone if it was only for a year loan.

Ringo

So summing up the discussion over the last few days and feel we are getting close to a resolution:

Trade Period 2 will continue as proposed.  However the reversible trade will be removed. Coaches are encouraged  to trade to rectify.

At conclusion of trade period a review of trades completed will be undertaken and if necessary a mini draft will take place for those that are still assessed as disadvantaged as a result of current and former Essendon players suspended, Order to be defined.  Mini draft will be a like for like if you lose a defender you can only select a defender or a DPP with defender status.

Ringo

As we have no trades yet approved for Trade period 2 despite the generous concessions above we need to consider how a minidraft will work.

As I see it we have 2 options:
a) By ladder finishing positions in ascending order similar to ordinary drafts.

b) Assign averages to the suspended players and draft in descending order.

This is the order that is proposed:
Dyson Heppell  Liverpool Rams
Brent Stanton  Hebden Bridge Hedgehogs
Jobe Watson    Huddersfield Hawks
Cale Hooker      Wrexham Knights
Michael Hurley   Hastings Hurricanes
Paddy Ryder    Blackpool Bunnies
Michael Hibberd  Winchester Werewolves
Ben Howlett     Birmingham Dragons
Stewart Crameri Bradford Badgers
Travis Colyer     Wrexham Knights
Jake Carlisle       Blackpool Bunnies
Heath Hocking  Blackpool Bunnies
Jake Melksham   Grope Lane Giants
Tom Bellchambers Birmingham Dragons
David Myers        Winchester Werewolves
Angus Monfries  Hastings Hurricanes
Tayte Pears       Birmingham Dragons

As stated above mindraft will be like position for like position as well.

Rusty00

I reckon just use the order you've posted Ringo.

We could analyse and over analyse everything and go around in circles right up until the day before the season starts because there is never going to be a solution that suits or benefits everyone.

iZander

Quote from: Ringo on January 28, 2016, 08:16:09 PM
As we have no trades yet approved for Trade period 2 despite the generous concessions above we need to consider how a minidraft will work.

As I see it we have 2 options:
a) By ladder finishing positions in ascending order similar to ordinary drafts.

b) Assign averages to the suspended players and draft in descending order.

This is the order that is proposed:
Dyson Heppell  Liverpool Rams
Jobe Watson    Huddersfield Hawks
Brent Stanton  Hebden Bridge Hedgehogs
Cale Hooker      Wrexham Knights
Michael Hurley   Hastings Hurricanes
Paddy Ryder    Blackpool Bunnies
Michael Hibberd  Winchester Werewolves
Ben Howlett     Birmingham Dragons
Stewart Crameri Bradford Badgers
Travis Colyer     Wrexham Knights
Jake Carlisle       Blackpool Bunnies
Heath Hocking  Blackpool Bunnies
Jake Melksham   Grope Lane Giants
Tom Bellchambers Birmingham Dragons
David Myers        Winchester Werewolves
Angus Monfries  Hastings Hurricanes
Tayte Pears       Birmingham Dragons

As stated above mindraft will be like position for like position as well.

Personally think option 2 is the fairer way to go.

Also wondering how the order was made?? Was it done on averages? (if it was and you still have those averages can you put them up, or i can do them myself if you don't have them)

Because if it was i doubt Watson has an average to put him up to second place?

iZander

GoLions

Difference between Stants and Watson is like 6ppg I think, can swap them if you want, rest is close enough.

Definitely go with option 2 though imo