Pkbaldy

SydneyRox

Rusty00

kilbluff1985

GoLions

Pkbaldy

SydneyRox

Rids

We are going to pass. Unfortunately dont see any mids left that will actually play let alone that will help us cover Melksham who is best XV for us. Disappointing that the wooden spooner can lose someone who we brought in cheap after a down year but is best XV for the Giants and not have any replacement because player's importance to the team wasnt taken into account when the picks were done.

Ringo knows about our decision.

GoLions

Quote from: Rids on February 24, 2016, 11:39:40 PM
We are going to pass. Unfortunately dont see any mids left that will actually play let alone that will help us cover Melksham who is best XV for us. Disappointing that the wooden spooner can lose someone who we brought in cheap after a down year but is best XV for the Giants and not have any replacement because player's importance to the team wasnt taken into account when the picks were done.

Where do you think you should have been with the draft order? You're looking for a mid, so those above you that are relevant to this would be:

Nige (HepD)
Spite (Stants)
JB (Wats Jobeon)
KB (Howlett)
SR (Hocking)

I assume there's no arguments with the first 3. Howlett I'd imagine would be best xv for the dragons (he averaged slightly better than Breust), who finished 3rd last in 2015.  So I'd argue he's pretty important to them, and they are deserving of that 4th pick considering Howlett averaged 13ppg more than Melksham.

Then there's SR with Hocking. Now, while Hocking would have either been 2nd utility or first emergency for the Bunnies, they have also lost Ryder, Carlisle, and have traded in Hurley (although doesn't really make a difference here). Ryder in particular is a massive loss for them, and there's no way Jamar will cover that (he probably will barely get a game I would've thought). They will probably finish bottom 2 because of these losses. So I think they are entitled to that 5th spot in this mini order.

Unfortunately it leaves you guys in that 6th spot. While it isn't an ideal scenario, I feel like you can't really complain much about the order here (maybe Hooker before Stants and Watson?). Pending the improvement from guys like Brayshaw, De Goey, Lennon, Lyons, Anderson, Hrovat etc., Melksham may have only been a utility for you (although at this stage M3/4), and with all the first round rookies you have picked up as well, I think you guys will be ok this year without him. And you did have 2 movements left IIRC to try and bring in another mid as well. But yeah, with Francis and Parish now likely to play most games, Dunkley and Hopper apparently chances for round 1, and everything else I mentioned just before, think you guys will be fine and Ringo has handled this correctly.

kilbluff1985

Dragons are gonna pass remaining picks also

wasnt sure if i was going to pick or not but nobody i'm desperate for confident in my depth

messaged rusty

Rids

Quote from: GoLions on February 25, 2016, 01:38:29 AM

Where do you think you should have been with the draft order? You're looking for a mid, so those above you that are relevant to this would be:

Nige (HepD)
Spite (Stants)
JB (Wats Jobeon)
KB (Howlett)
SR (Hocking)

I assume there's no arguments with the first 3. Howlett I'd imagine would be best xv for the dragons (he averaged slightly better than Breust), who finished 3rd last in 2015.  So I'd argue he's pretty important to them, and they are deserving of that 4th pick considering Howlett averaged 13ppg more than Melksham.

Then there's SR with Hocking. Now, while Hocking would have either been 2nd utility or first emergency for the Bunnies, they have also lost Ryder, Carlisle, and have traded in Hurley (although doesn't really make a difference here). Ryder in particular is a massive loss for them, and there's no way Jamar will cover that (he probably will barely get a game I would've thought). They will probably finish bottom 2 because of these losses. So I think they are entitled to that 5th spot in this mini order.

Unfortunately it leaves you guys in that 6th spot. While it isn't an ideal scenario, I feel like you can't really complain much about the order here (maybe Hooker before Stants and Watson?). Pending the improvement from guys like Brayshaw, De Goey, Lennon, Lyons, Anderson, Hrovat etc., Melksham may have only been a utility for you (although at this stage M3/4), and with all the first round rookies you have picked up as well, I think you guys will be ok this year without him. And you did have 2 movements left IIRC to try and bring in another mid as well. But yeah, with Francis and Parish now likely to play most games, Dunkley and Hopper apparently chances for round 1, and everything else I mentioned just before, think you guys will be fine and Ringo has handled this correctly.

That is your opinion which you are entitled to. Just worth highlighting the fact that we are the wooden spooners. Ringo originally put in place an order with this in mind but it was changed.

Using examples of how we traded and drafted is irrelevant in reference to this draft so no idea what point you are even trying to make here. Also not sure why you assume we didn't try to trade to cover Melksham. Just because there was no trade made doesn't mean that there was no effort to do so.

Of course we feel we will be fine due to the trades and picks we have already made. Not once did we say anything about where others were positioned because not our place to. However as I said earlier in this thread and also to Ringo a few days ago, there is no point in us picking a spec guy for a year when there is next to no chance of getting a game let alone assisting us in any way at all in covering for Melksham. This was always going to happen unfortunately. The draft was very thin. Another thing we pointed out earlier in this thread.

If you look back in this thread you will see that both Nostra and I suggested that this draft should not have taken place and that anyone affected should treat it like bad luck missing these guys. A different decision was made which is fine. But we always knew what was going to happen here when it came to our pick hence why we tried discussing this at that time.

Rusty00

iZander

Quote from: GoLions on February 25, 2016, 01:38:29 AM

Nige (HepD)
Spite (Stants)
JB (Wats Jobeon)
KB (Howlett)
SR (Hocking)

Just because they are the only mids doesnt mean they are the only relevant picks though, players have dual position :P And certainly Hooker above Stants and Watson, not sure what went on there haha

iZander