Main Menu

Melbourne 2016 pre-season

Started by Barra13, November 09, 2015, 12:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Dog

Frost and OMac are on my radar. Go Go Go you good things  ;D

kilbluff1985

do you guys think Petracca will play round 1 seems to be doing full training now they just being cautious

Purple 77

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on March 10, 2016, 08:46:24 PM
do you guys think Petracca will play round 1 seems to be doing full training now they just being cautious

Round 1 is what Petracca wants, but that is regarded as being optimistic. Round 2 is more likely, but even then I personally reckon the coaches will play him at VFL. I reckon he'll get in at Round 3.

T Dog

Quote from: Purple 77 on March 10, 2016, 09:28:52 PM

Round 1 is what Petracca wants, but that is regarded as being optimistic. Round 2 is more likely, but even then I personally reckon the coaches will play him at VFL. I reckon he'll get in at Round 3.

This makes picking him Rd1 a bit tricky as he could be a downgrade at Rd3   :-\

Big Mac

Nah very unlikely for Rd. 1 I think

Makes me a bit wary of Ben Kennedy because I can definitely see Petracca taking his spot in the side if he doesn't come out firing

kilbluff1985

Quote from: T Dog on March 10, 2016, 09:32:29 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on March 10, 2016, 09:28:52 PM

This makes picking him Rd1 a bit tricky as he could be a downgrade at Rd3   :-\

no prices will change before round 3 but

Purple 77

Dunno bout you Mac and Barra, but I was quite chuffed with that performance. You could definitely see a change and hence improved football team.

But what I have definitely noticed over all 3 matches, is that we are in fact harder at the ball; although it's just nab, but I feel like we might even have a team full of competitors.

My highlight over the 3? Oliver and Watts  8)

GoLions

Quote from: Purple 77 on March 13, 2016, 08:06:46 PM
Dunno bout you Mac and Barra, but I was quite chuffed with that performance. You could definitely see a change and hence improved football team.
Really?

Quote from: Purple 77 on March 13, 2016, 06:08:46 PM
Classic Tom McDonald. flower sake.

Quote from: Purple 77 on March 13, 2016, 06:46:21 PM
Another stupid turnover in defence, which gifts a goal.

I don't think we'll ever stop doing that...

Quote from: Purple 77 on March 13, 2016, 06:50:45 PM
If anyone was thinking about Wagner for their fantasy teams, you can stop.

Worst on ground

Quote from: Purple 77 on March 13, 2016, 07:07:08 PM
Wasted sooo many opportunities this quarter  :-\ betcha it costs us

Quote from: Purple 77 on March 13, 2016, 07:33:22 PM
Hogan having a mare  :-\

;D

Purple 77

LOL! That's awesome haha.

I only speak of negative comments and the REALLY REALLY good moments, the other positive comments rarely come to surface :P

Hogan was a once off.

Tommy Mac is concerning though  :-\

Quote from: GoLions on March 13, 2016, 08:31:22 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on March 13, 2016, 07:07:08 PM
Wasted sooo many opportunities this quarter  :-\ betcha it costs us

That's very different to previous years, what are you talking about? :P

quinny88

Haha Purple, can tell you've had your heart broken a few times watching the Dees over the years

Big Mac

I watched the game about half an hour delayed, otherwise I would've been right with you Purp  :P

Tommy I thought was better, sometimes it seems like he should just aim to spoil the ball every time it comes near him, but then there are other times when he takes a grab and and we can get it back to our f50 really quickly. But definitely not as many turnovers as last week

Was happy with the performance overall, again the mistakes were frequent and we will definitely not be able to get away with them against better teams, but I think our pressure dampens the impact of our mistakes somewhat

Do you guys see Harmes in the 22? I have him playing Rd 1 at the moment, but I also think he and Kennedy could be fighting for spots with Petracca a few rounds in. I really liked what he did today though

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on March 13, 2016, 09:23:09 PM
Do you guys see Harmes in the 22? I have him playing Rd 1 at the moment, but I also think he and Kennedy could be fighting for spots with Petracca a few rounds in. I really liked what he did today though

Well, when you consider he could have got 4 goals instead of 4 behinds, along with the rest of his game, then yeah, I think he has snuck into my 22. I didn't have him there 4 weeks ago, but he has impressed me. Has got a good set of hands.

I think he is most at risk when Petraccattack comes in though. I actually think Bennedy has been slighty better than Kent over the 3 matches, so it'll be interesting who gets the spots in the end.

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on March 13, 2016, 09:08:56 PM
Haha Purple, can tell you've had your heart broken a few times watching the Dees over the years
We can sympathise.  :'(

Barra13

I think the Round 1 team will look like this.

B: Jetta, Dunn, Garland

HB: Vince, McDonald, Salem

C: Lumumba, Tyson, Brayshaw

HF: vandenBerg, Pederson, Watts

F: Kent, Hogan, Garlett

R: Gawn, Jones, Viney

Int: Frost, Oliver, Bugg, Kennedy

Emerg: Harmes, Grimes

That gives us 4 swingmen in Dunn, Frost, Pedersen and TMac. All have played some forward and back so we can fill holes if needed. It also gives us an abundance of small hard nuts in Viney, Kennedy, Bugg and Brayshaw. Some good users off the back in Salem and Vince, both have been outstanding in the back half in the NAB and I'd prefer to keep it that way. That would mean Lumumba would have to move to a wing which is good, if he does turn it over it won't be in the opposing F50. He can use his running power on the wing and send it into our F50 any old way and it won't matter with the forward pressure. Kent and Garlett will be harassing and will lock it in. Watts is having a great time as a third tall and his link up work has been great as a roaming forward. Oliver, Bugg and Kennedy all have earned their spot for Round 1.

That's about all I can say about the team. I probably shouldn't say it, but feeling quietly confident.  ;)

Purple 77

Quote from: Barra13 on March 14, 2016, 12:12:02 PM
That's about all I can say about the team. I probably shouldn't say it, but feeling quietly confident.  ;)

Utter, fool.

:P

I still have us losing against GWS though, but I really rate the Giants. Cameron (likely to be) out certainly helps though