Main Menu

Pokemon Go

Started by Ziplock, September 25, 2015, 08:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

ok so grinded out the 400 magikarp, as soon as i hit 396 candy they all disapered so went stuff it buddy up and walk the 4k out.

I had a 176 almost poerfect magikarp was expecting 1800-2400 and it came in at 1800 with the worst move sets possible. so was super annoyed.

but then i got a 80+ IV Lapras with bulk candy and 2 ice attacks to eat up dragonite, he is now 1900 cp and my stronegest so that eased the pain.

i regret being Mystic as i cant take down any gyms as they are all blue. i have a lvl 9/10 opposite my house all dragnoite. I which i could take it down with my lapras but its a mystic gym :(

Ziplock

What level are you holz?

I'm at 27 now... I've taken a backseat doing med interviews so haven't had as much grinding recently, I'm still enjoying it though... slowly getting closer to my flowering charizard

yeah it's great being instinct because you can attack any gym :P

Holz

Im 23, just got my 100 pokedex.

Just caught a perfect dratini had enough candy to evolve. Now 100 away from dragonite.  Not sure how soo many people have dragomite.

I might have to walk 500km as buddy

Ziplock

Go somewhere  near the water with heaps of people?  I caught a ton of dratinis in circular quay in syd

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on September 20, 2016, 02:52:00 PM
Go somewhere  near the water with heaps of people?  I caught a ton of dratinis in circular quay in syd

I walk along the yarra river every day and get like 1 every 2 weeks. I guess i should go past the crown casion bit as its abit more populated.

circular quay is on another level though.

ill head to crown tonigh and see how things go.

Holz

ok so i walked along crown for 1.5 hours i caught probably about 70-80 pokemon which is a decent haul and walked a dratini candy with my buddy. I only found one dratini though and caught it. I did catch 21 magikarp though

so not as good as i expected.

My friends mentioned fastpokemap does anyone use that.

Spite

Quote from: Holz on September 21, 2016, 10:25:52 AM

My friends mentioned fastpokemap does anyone use that.

Yeah started last week, it is really good. Highly recommend. It is just like a worse version of pokevision.

I'm level 26 now but not trying for exp anymore rather than going for the completion of the pokedex. At 125 and close to evolving about 3, after that things will get much much more tricky and will require a lot of luck.

TomK

Anyone still playing? CP values for Pokemon have changed, the new nearby feature is now available in Australia and Ditto is now available to catch. Looks like Niantic are actually doing something good.

elephants

Yeah man I'm still playing, for some reason I got nothing in my nearbys all day.

TomK

Quote from: elephants on November 23, 2016, 05:17:18 PM
Yeah man I'm still playing, for some reason I got nothing in my nearbys all day.
That's odd, do you have pokestops near you?

Holz

Quote from: TomK on November 23, 2016, 05:01:49 PM
Anyone still playing? CP values for Pokemon have changed, the new nearby feature is now available in Australia and Ditto is now available to catch. Looks like Niantic are actually doing something good.

yeah im back on it.

Got a very good Rydon but no stardust. used it all up upgrading my Arcanines the day before the Cp changes.

will test out the new tracking feautre today.

see if i can get me a Ditoo

WhatMate

what are the cp changes?

TomK

Quote from: Holz on November 23, 2016, 05:53:21 PM
Quote from: TomK on November 23, 2016, 05:01:49 PM
see if i can get me a Ditoo
Got a Ditto just before from catching a Pidgey, CP 340, pretty cool to have

Quote from: WhatMate on November 23, 2016, 06:16:04 PM
what are the cp changes?
Values for every Pokemon have changed (except Lapras I believe) so all CP has been adjusted, some have gone up and some down. Some pretty noticable changes when you open your game.

Spite

I didn't play for a month but I'll give it another go with a fixed tracker. I have 135 caught in the dex, but relying on luck for a few of the last ones is pretty boring tbh

Hellopplz

Quote from: Spite on November 23, 2016, 06:42:30 PM
I didn't play for a month but I'll give it another go with a fixed tracker. I have 135 caught in the dex, but relying on luck for a few of the last ones is pretty boring tbh
Tracker is sooooo good now! Back to the old step method, but now also allows you to see which pokestop they are at. Random pokemon though can still appear not near a pokestop, but it also shows you where the pokestop is if you want to track one there. It's how I found a Snorlax today and Growlithe :D.

CP changes only help me cause my pokedex is pretty weak of pokemon :P.