Started by valkorum, September 18, 2015, 03:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Yeh I'm pretty flowering happy with it.

j959

Quote from: Toga on October 14, 2015, 06:34:32 PM
Quote from: Jayman on October 14, 2015, 06:16:52 PM
That's an absolute steal! :o
ha, ha! I wouldn't quite go that far ... his off-field issues definitely warrant a 'discount' for risk ...  ;)

Quote from: valkorum on October 14, 2015, 06:13:03 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on October 14, 2015, 05:43:50 PM
not a bad deal? It's a pretty big win for you guys imo.

Would have preferred to keep pick 16 but its still a risk that he gets his off-field stuff sorted out
I so wish I could be a fly on the wall when Freo were drawing up the contract for him ...  :o    :P   :-X   ;)
low base rate but incentives for staying out of trouble off-field-wise each year of the contract I would hazard a guess??  ;)

Quote from: Ricochet on October 14, 2015, 06:37:20 PM
Yeh I'm pretty flowering happy with it.
see above, but a former no2 pick with Brownlow level potential (maybe overstating a bit too much??) and some development already gone in ... not quite a steal, but pretty good deal - again if they got the contract right ... I sceptical because Syliva's contract didn't seem chock full of incentive based achievement levels  ::)    ;)

Ricochet

While it was only a slim chance, from the way Colin Young is talking about it now we can pretty much rule out McCarthy

valkorum

Quote from: Ricochet on October 19, 2015, 05:26:52 PM
While it was only a slim chance, from the way Colin Young is talking about it now we can pretty much rule out McCarthy

He also said no official offer has been made and also asked for GWS to fly over to Perth to sit down and talk with Cam. 

Bill Manspeaker

Ricochet

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Ricochet on October 21, 2015, 07:00:05 PM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 21, 2015, 06:53:02 PM
hand him over :P
go away  >:(
the way I see it, it'd be a big win for both Freo and Saints

I understand getting rid of such a talented kid would suck, and if the deal could not help you get the KPF you need, you wouldn't do it, but it can, and it will, if you hand him over :P

Ricochet

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 21, 2015, 07:08:57 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 21, 2015, 07:00:05 PM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 21, 2015, 06:53:02 PM
hand him over :P
go away  >:(
the way I see it, it'd be a big win for both Freo and Saints

I understand getting rid of such a talented kid would suck, and if the deal could not help you get the KPF you need, you wouldn't do it, but it can, and it will, if you hand him over :P
I'd rather play Bennell out of full forward

valkorum

valkorum

Ross Lyon has just turned  up to AFL House - Look out Gubby

Toga

Late play for Aaron Black?

Ricochet

Quote from: Toga on October 22, 2015, 01:16:35 PM
Late play for Aaron Black?
I've heard not, possibly Kersten though.

Apparently RTB has arrived and is trying to work some magic on McCarthy :o

Ricochet

Colin Young on Cam McCarthy "I guarantee we’ll be back here again in 12 months "

Ricochet

We offered N22 + next years first rounder for McCarthy, but they didn't bite. As much as i would have liked him, I'm glad we didn't go full retard and offer way overs. He'll be cheaper next year

Torpedo10

Can't stop laughing at Bennell wearing 99 next season.  ;D