Main Menu

List Management

Started by valkorum, September 18, 2015, 03:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

Quote from: j959 on October 06, 2015, 07:40:06 PM
Quote from: valkorum on October 06, 2015, 02:49:08 PM
Stevie J, Bennell and McCarthy would be a very good off-season
bit scary actually but may be a bit unrealistic??

I wouldn't say un-realistic

Bennell - 2nd round pick (his value is low as we are the only ones interested)
McCarthy - 2015 1st round pick & 2016 1st or 2nd round pick (probably overs but just putting it there in case)
Stevie J - Pre-season draft

valkorum

McCarthy - We could also give a player like Clarke, Hannath or Griffen (ie a ruckman that they need to support Mummy)

Ricochet

Quote from: valkorum on October 06, 2015, 08:21:59 PM
McCarthy - We could also give a player like Clarke, Hannath or Griffen (ie a ruckman that they need to support Mummy)
I'd even throw up Silvagni

meow meow

Quote from: valkorum on October 06, 2015, 08:21:59 PM

They're probably getting Minson who'll cost them next to nothing.

Toga

Quote from: valkorum on October 06, 2015, 08:05:23 PM
Stevie J - Pre-season draft

Correct me if I'm wrong but Stevie J having been delisted by Geelong means that any club interested could go ahead and sign him as a delisted free agent (e.g. Mitch Robinson last year). Wouldn't even need to gamble on him being left on the board long enough in a draft in that case!

elephants

Would be scary, but I dont think McCarthy is their saviour in terms of future kpp holding down the fwd line for the next 10 years!

Holz

Quote from: elephants on October 06, 2015, 11:15:39 PM
Would be scary, but I dont think McCarthy is their saviour in terms of future kpp holding down the fwd line for the next 10 years!

Sign Hogan!!!

Ricochet

Quote from: Holz on October 07, 2015, 10:20:09 AM

Sign Hogan!!!
i wish.

We're after Shoemakers now as well. Not holding my breath but don't mind it

Ricochet

We've offered Bennell a 3 yr deal. Sounds like its been done a while ago and that's why he hasn't taken other offers seriously. Not the greatest way to conduct himself

valkorum

Quote from: Holz on October 07, 2015, 10:20:09 AM

Sign Hogan!!!

If a deal could be done for him - DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I still don't think I put enough exclamation marks)

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on October 07, 2015, 11:59:41 AM
We've offered Bennell a 3 yr deal. Sounds like its been done a while ago and that's why he hasn't taken other offers seriously. Not the greatest way to conduct himself

not that much to pay when the upside is soo huge, he could be the difference in getting you a flag. look what rioli did. That type of X factor player can make the difference. Its also why I think you pick up SJ aswell.

elephants

Would have loved Bennell at WCE, Freo fans should be very very happy if/when he pulls his head in.

Ricochet

Ok we've made our delistings

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2015-10-08/duffield-and-crowley-to-depart
Ryan Crowley
Max Duffy
Josh Deluca (will re-draft)
Jacob Ballard
Craig Moller

and Duffield has retired.

valkorum

Quote from: valkorum on September 18, 2015, 03:54:18 PM
With the clubs out of the finals going through their normal list management strategies.  Keep in mind that each club must make a minimum of 3 changes each season (AFL rules).  Who do you think Fremantle will delist at seasons end, keeping in mind that retirements count as list changes.

Colinn Sylvia has retired so he is already out

My 3 choices
Sylvia - Retired
Deluca - Delisted
Duffy - Delisted as he is behind Walters, Ballantyne and Crozier.

Edit: I completely forgot about Duffield.  I think he may retire which would count as one of the list changes.

Looks like I was exactly right

Sylvia - Retired
Duffield - Retired
McPharlin - Retired
Deluca - Delisted
Duffy - Delisted
Crowley - Delisted

Ballard and Moller delisted but they were on the rookie list.  Freo have committed to rookie listing Deluca.

So that means 6 senior list spots have been made available so far.  McCarthy, Bennell and 4 draft selections.

Ricochet

Colin Young has come out and said in the next few days we will come out and offer our 1st rounders for the next two years for McCarthy. And that at the end of the trade period, if GWS need those picks/players then they may take it. Chances are still very slim

Also sounds like we are no certainty to land Bennell