Main Menu

Demons off season/trade thread

Started by Barra13, September 08, 2015, 11:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Melbourne FC ‏@melbournefc  21m21 minutes ago
CONFIRMED TRADE
IN: Ben Kennedy, picks 29+50
OUT: Jeremy Howe (Collingwood),  Jimmy Toumpas (Port Adelaide)

Not exactly excited, but not filthy either

Still indifferent about this year's trade period

Barra13

Overall its not too bad I think. Not exactly world beating but not too bad...

Delist; Rohan Bail, Jack Fitzpatrick, Aiden Riley, Jordie McKenzie

Out; Jeremy Howe, Jimmy Toumpas, Pick 25
In; Jake Melksham, Ben Kennedy, Pick 29, Pick 50

Nige

I'm of the belief that both Melksham and Bennedy are players that will definitely benefit from a fresh start at a new club and moving down the order from 25 to 29 isn't disastrous.

Purple 77

I think the disappointed feeling I have is not necessarily the players that moved in and out of the club, it's just we could have done better, I feel.

Purple 77

Is there any chance of getting Bugg with Pick 50?

Barra13

Emma Quayle ‏@emmasq  33m33 minutes ago
The Dees have always rated Kennedy highly. He was the player they were likely to have picked at No. 4 had Toumpas been snapped up by GWS.

Purple 77

Quote from: Barra13 on October 19, 2015, 08:31:55 PM
The Dees have always rated Kennedy highly. He was the player they were likely to have picked at No. 4 had Toumpas been snapped up by GWS.

Emma plz. Oliver Wines, surely?

Barra13

Interesting comments from Josh Mahoney who said that they got the player they wanted and picks to do other trades
Bugg and who?

Purple 77

Quote from: Barra13 on October 19, 2015, 08:39:40 PM
Interesting comments from Josh Mahoney who said that they got the player they wanted and picks to do other trades
Bugg and who?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing!

That trade radio report is still fresh in my mind; the one talking about how we were discussing with the Suns in a deal that would get us Pick 3. Maybe that is the other trade?

Barra13

Toga

Kennedy is solid. I remember back in his draft year he was talked about as a potential mini-draft selection over Brad Crouch for Adelaide. He has some real talent, I hope a fresh start for him will do wonders :)

Purple 77

Was a good highlight package. A little bit of mongrel Viney about him.

His JS though?

Would be ahead of JKH... Garlett is a lock in the best 22, so I imagine Kent and Bennedy would fight it out for a spot? Or would all three be in the team?

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 20, 2015, 10:44:53 AM
Was a good highlight package. A little bit of mongrel Viney about him.

His JS though?

Would be ahead of JKH... Garlett is a lock in the best 22, so I imagine Kent and Bennedy would fight it out for a spot? Or would all three be in the team?

I think there is room, although I haven't thought about our best 22 yet. Kennedy might have to start off in the VFL

Regardless, all three can rotate into the midfield, so you'd probably only ever have two of them forward at any time (also an extra spot on the bench next year)

elephants

Quote from: Barra13 on October 19, 2015, 08:31:55 PM

Wowwwwwwwwee. Thats pretty huge if its true!

Barra13

Gold Coast trade pick 3, 10 and 43 for Melbourne's pick 6, 29 and next years first rounder.

Looks like they are hunting someone.